sky tv, phone lines internet and the likes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi so i've posted a similar thread to this previously but here goes just looking for some upto date information in anticipation of moving in november (18th to be exact). if i explain the backstory and you can understand the situation.

having been a student and 18 and stupid can i add i took out multiple credit cards and got myself into one hell of a mess. i have now ended up with 8 defaults showing on my credit record with 4 of these being settled and payment plans arranged to settle the other 4 within the next 24 months.

equifax are showing my credit score of 219 am i correct in believing this is severely bad???

unusually 4 months ago i managed to take out a new mobile phone contract for 30pounds a month :|

anyways i will be moving in with my now partner in january via either private landlord or estate agents (with the obvious help of a guarentor for the address should we choose to go the estate agency route).

we will be looking to get telephone line, internet and tv packages.

this can be with anyone such as Sky, Virgin, BT or the post office does anyone know if i am going to run into any difficulties when applying for these products. my partner is obviously aware of my credit rating but i would rather not subject her to the difficulties that i have now been facing for many years.

any advice or recent experience of such a situation.

i just want this to go smoothly i wanna know what to expect but i would also like these accounts in my name a chance to start showing bills and payments on time and in my name. i've only got myself to blame for the situation i am currently in and i dont expect anyone else to feel the consequences least of all her.

also with the defaults currently showing on my account will these stay on file 6yrs from when the default was attached to my account or 6 yrs from when the account is settled??

thanks.

sincerly

blindside

Edited by blindside

Sky: no problems here, but remember whoever you go with, you ill be entering a contract. If you miss a payment with sky they normally cut you off til you pay up.... be cut off long enough they will cancl and charge a fee.

BT: may ask for a deposit.

Also, BT is the only one I know of that doesn't report on your credit file if you miss payments.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

thanks guys appreciate the help. i wont be missing payments everything is accounted for im looking at this at a step to rebuilding credit not making it any worse though i dont think it cud get any worse.

so it seems sky dont care and BT with a deposit should be fine.

anyone any thoughts or opinions on virgin media or would this also be a simple case of a deposit too.

long shot but anyone have an idea of the region im looking at for a deposit for BT.

seems i will be well on the way to internet, tv and phone line soon.

helps appreciated put my mind at rest a bit.

Well, if you want phone line, broadband AND subscription based TV it will be cheaper to get a package. As Virgin and sky both report on your credit file, having service with either of them will in essence show you can manage paying regular bills, and once all the negative bits drop off your file, you will be left with a very healthy credit file. In your place I'd look at the packages available and then go with that company.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

I doubt any will turn down your custom in this economic down turn :) I've not had much in the way of business dealings with either company tho so I cannot advise, other than friends with poor credit ratings have had services from them both.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I was credit checked for Virgin and they then asked for a £30 deposit so no major issues there

Sky didn't check at all!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

SKy don't so credit checks and do not report to cra's unless you stop paying and leave and outstanding blance and pass it to a dca.

Sky £39 fee for providing a new line and free install for sky tv equipment and if taking bb unlimited free as well and you may get 3 free months also if you book online marks and spencer

vouchers

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)