Rude letter from iQor for a mystery debt

jimbo_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lol........... wonder how long it would take them to remove the listing

Gez

Got a feeling this might drag on, iQor look like real dumb muppets who try and play bad cop, bad cop. I'm looking forward to them ringing back, when they ask for fat boy, I'm going to shout "fat boy, fat boy are you in!". Then tell them to jog on.

Well I spoke to ebay on the phone, passed around the world three times for nearly an hour and made very little progress. They confirmed that my account was fine, yes I know! They also said once any details were passed to iQor that was it, they wont contact them, basically tough s**t. The also confirmed that no ebay account in the name of 'fat boy' was linked to my address.

I've just received another letter addressed to fat boy, this time the letter starts dear 'Sir or Madam', instead of Dear boy. They have been instructed by ebay market place to seek payment of £42. I'm not going to ring them, is it worth writing a letter? Or contacting trading standards?

Complain to Trading Standards - if ebay say your account is fine then you owe nothing.

Also Complain about ebay as it is them that are the alleged creditor but they refuse to do anything about it.

You may also be able to complain to the information commissioner - as ebay must have passed on your private info, your address, to a DCA for no reason.

This is defo one for BBC Watchdog, it will be hilarious to see one of the Iqor muppets explain this....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

This is defo one for BBC Watchdog, it will be hilarious to see one of the Iqor muppets explain this....

I emailed watchdog Saturday, not heard anything yet. I complained to consumer direct, they took my details and advised me not to ring them, which I'm not and demand written evidence of fat boys debt, should be amusing.

They rang this morning and the mrs hung up on them. I googled the number and it was one iQor us. Very disappointed with eBay, they have caused this, then wash their hands of it.

Well they think they have washed their hands of it!

Nothing could be further from the truth, it is a problem caused solely by ebay, so use their complaints procedure also and exhaust it to satisfaction.

You could if you wanted, send them a "Bill of Costs" outlining the charges you will invoice them for each and every time their chosen third party DCA contacts you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well they think they have washed their hands of it!

No point ringing, its impossible to speak to someone from the UK who might be able to offer help. Email? You get a generic email back telling me my account is fine. Anyone have a proper address in the UK I can send them a letter recorded delivery.

Update, have been waiting to receive a call from iQor to discuss this, as I would not ring them.

Gentleman rang this morning, and asked for fat boy, I asked if he was winding me up? He claimed he was from ebay, yeah OK. It was a pretty one sided conversion with me informing him that the letters and voice message I had received were not only insulting, but I considered them harassment as no "fat boy" lives at this address or has an ebay account linked to this address, this was confirmed by ebay. He then tried to claim that someone must have set an account up with my address with the name fat boy. I asked if he was listening to me? Ebay confirmed that no one of the name fat boy was linked to my address. He paused, then I informed him to make a note on his computer record that I have reported ebay to the information commissioners office for possible breaches of the 1998 Data Protection Act, which I have. This caused a further pause where I then informed him that consumer direct had a record of these insulting letters and voice message, and if I receive any more I would report iQor to the police for harassment, which I will.

He claimed he would remove my address from their 'list', so will not receive any more letters or phone calls, we shall see. The letter to information commissioners office has been sent as I believe ebay failed in their obligation to confirm that the confidential personal information given to a third party is correct, and their response to my repeated enquiries has been met with indifference and a total lack of willingness to admit their error and correct this. If I do get any more letter or phone calls my next stop will be the police.

Lets hope iQor stand by what they say.

Edited by jimbo_

Idiot iQor don't do anything they say, from instructing legal action to removing names and numbers from their threat list, as you say it is Ebay's doing, they are the ones you need to get to apologise for their actions.

Idiot iQor don't do anything they say, from instructing legal action to removing names and numbers from their threat list, as you say it is Ebay's doing, they are the ones you need to get to apologise for their actions.

Contacting anyone within ebay is rather frustrating, they simply send you a generic email or if you ring them, they read off a prepared card. Its obviously designed to be as difficult as possible. I also emailed ebay informing them that their interest in rectifying their own mistake was derisory, therefore left me no option than to make a complaint for possible beaches in UK data protection law. Still not had a reply, expecting a thank you for your email response.

As to iQor if they do contact me again (after promising not to). I will complain to the police, my wife does feel intimated by their unwarranted letters and phone calls.

Just found the up to date email addy for the UK Managing director Clare Gilmartin

[email protected]

But please take some time to read this first,

http://www.ceoemail.com/hints.html

I have every faith that this will be sorted by the end of the week!