Hutchison 3G default help

Odog1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I posted this on the wrong forum a few days back:

"Any advice trying to remove a default from a 3 mobile account? It is for £81 (defaulted in 2007) and is now settled as per my credit file but, it constantly lets me down when applying for credit. I have seen the 2 letters here now, do i send them both to 3 Hutchison?

Would it be best to try a sympathetic approach first asking if the would remove the default from my file as it is only a small amount or go straight in with the 2 template letters?"

Following advice from what I have found, I sent a letter asking 3 to remove the default from my accout as I am having problems when applying for credit.

Here is the response they emailed to me:

I've received your query regarding a default on your credit file reported by us.

I understand that you no longer have an account with us and that you settled this account in full in 2008. However, this does not mean that the account should have been removed from your credit file at this time.

When you entered into the agreement with us, you accepted that the way this account was managed would be reported to the credit reference agencies. You defaulted on your payments in 2007 and we reported this to them.

When you settled the balance in 2008 we reported that the default was satisfied and we were not required to do anything more than this. I'm sorry this is causing problems with your credit file but we cannot remove the entry for you.

My understanding is that a default on any credit agreement will remain on your credit file for six years but if you want further information on this I'd suggest that you contact the credit reference agencies.

I must make it clear that we are not breaching the Data Protection Act in anyway, irrespective of the fact that your account has now been closed. We are obligated to provide the credit reference agencies with correct information on how an account has been managed and I can only reiterate that we will not be making any changes to your credit file, in relation to your request.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of further assistance but if you wish to discuss this matter further, you can call me at the Executive Office on 08433 733330 (5p/min from a BT landline, other networks may vary). Our business hours are Monday to Friday, 9am until 6.30pm.

The bit where it says My understanding is that a default on any credit agreement will remain on your credit file for six years is a bit confusing. Am I right in saying that you do not enter a credit agreement with a mobile contract?

I entered this contract in 2006 from carphone warehouse.

Please can someone advise me what my next steps could be?

agreement dont come into it

you cra file is a record of how you manage your money to others

sadly they are correct.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 11 months later...

Hello,

Can anyone help me with this?

I purchased a mobile phone from carphone warehouse back in 2006 on the 3 network. While in the contract I lost the phone and purchased a new phone which I sourced myself and I had to buy a new sim from 3 at a cost of £15. A few months after this I was not happy with the contract and I phoned 3 to try and cancel my contract. I was told by the call centre that I could not cancel the contract. They wouldnt even offer me an early termination fee. So I decided not to pay the monthly bills. I continued to receive bills from 3 but I just ignored them for months. I eventually started to receive letters from a debt recovery agency (name I cannot remember). I eventually called 3 and settled the bill (£81) over the phone paying by card. Upon checking I have a default on my experian credit file which I would like to go about removing. Any ideas?

When was the default registered? If it was in 2006 it should drop off your file this year.

The default was registered in 2007. I know this default is going to cause me trouble still. I have had probs with obtaining credit for ages now