Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great to read posts from people who have managed to get money back from Nasty Vest.

I received a similar letter yesterday to that received by Gebedsman offering to repay me £4587 as a gesture of goodwill but they still stick to the 'we believe that our charges are fair and justified' story.

Just a point to Desparate Dan did you have to request the cheque?

I only ask as I would prefer to have the cash that way rather than it going direct into my account.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PPMan159 I was happily waiting for my court date when a letter and cheque from Corbetts turned up out of the blue, using the usual we are right, but as a commercial decision its better to settle the claim then take it to court line lol.

I hope this helps.

Dan

DD

Thanks for the reply

The offer I got yesterday was from Mr Higley at Nasty Vest Customer Services in Borehamwood and not from Cobbets, as I would have expected to be the case.

I have just posted a letter back to Nasty Vest basically requesting that they repay to me all charges,interest and courts fees totalling £5776.72 and that I will only accept the sum of £4587 previously offered as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the balance.

Only once I have received full settlement will I be prepared to withdraw my claim which Cobbetts are now planning on defending.

I have also asked that they make an offer of compensation to me in order that I will agree to the confidentilallity clause that they wish to impose.

It has taken since November last year to get to this point so another coupe of weeks will not make that much difference.

PPMAN159

I managed to reclaim £958 from natwest thanks to you guys

thank you!

however they have now terminated my overdraft and continued to charge me currently to the sum of £78.64.

Not sure what to do about that but thank you!

i have just received a letter today from nat west offering me pretty much my full claim...how long does it roughly take from sending the letter back to receiving the money?

shall i keep the pressure on NatWest or am i likely to get a cheque in the post within the next few days?

many thanks!

BW

THANKS TO THIS SUPERB WEB SITE, I'VE JUST HAD A CHEQUE FOR £3062!!:D If anyone is thinking of quitting the fight...DON'T!! If you need help, you'll find it on this site ~ & quickly, too!! Originally requested statements from bank end of November, sent first refund request to bank in early January, sent '14 day deadline to court action' letter in mid-February, started court action on 8th March, they acknowledged & filed defence on the 28th day :( !! I received their request for further info via the local court, which put me on the verge of giving it all up :confused: until I followed the advice on this site & sent the 'Claimants Response' letter. Was really suprised to have a hearing date through for just a fortnight later!! Should have been going to hearing this coming Wednesday but received a cheque on Saturday which was just £28 short of my total claim for charges, interest & court fees . I'm not going to argue about that!! They really dragged it all out to the bitter end, only responding to everything at the last possible moment! & leaving me very little time to notify the court with the weekend & bank holiday:mad:!! Anyway, it was all worth it in the end!! I really couldn't have done it without your site & will be giving a donation to say thank you as soon as the cheque is in my account!! Keep up your good work!! I'm sure there are plenty of others like me out there who need all the help they can get!! Thanks again. :D xxx

(I'm sorry, I can't even find my thread to ask for it to be moved!! Please could someone do the honours for me, if poss!! :o )

• 2 weeks later...

Darclain

Start all over again I certainly am going to

It is your money re-claim it

StevePM

StevePM

If you find this useful please tip my scales

First win £5k+ another five on the go all with NatWest

Hi Guys, couple of questions I'd like to ask cos I've now had enough of Natwest. Since 1st May I've had £380 charges applied to my account. That is insane! I'd like to know; where do I send the letter for requesting my last 6 years of data, do I enclose £10 cash or £10 cheque and if a cheque, who is it payable to? And then, finally, who do I send the letters saying I want to reclaim my charges too?

Thanks folks, I'm really encouraged by some of the success stories here.

Carl.

Weymouth

Welcome to CAG.

To begin with open your own thread in the Nat West section under Weymouth v Nat West.

That way it will be easier to follow as all of your posts will be in your own section and will not get confused with others.

The SAR should be sent to the following address:-

National Westminster Bank Plc

Customer Relations

Ground Floor

National Westminster House

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood

WD6 1TE

Enclose a cheque for £10 payable to Nat West and then wait 40 days.

Hope this helps.

PPMAN159

Claimed back £320 from Natwest bank, please change thread 'Natwest Bank Claim' and also won £226 from Natwest Credit Cards. Could you also change the thread name from 'Natwest Credit Cards Claim!' to WON please!!

Thanks for all the help and guidance received from this website!! Cheers ABA

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

Just to let all those who are currently reclaiming their unfair bank charges from NatWest. STICK WITH IT - I have just received a cheque yesterday for £3956.00.:)

Definitely well worth the fight!!!!

hi, how far in the process of reclaiming did you go before they paid up?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know that NatWest paid back my charges. I sent my 2nd letter with the calculation of costs spreadsheet and also my bank statements (hadnt sent them first time round and got a letter back to say I had to send them). Sent the letter on the Tuesday 17th July and got a reply on Saturday 21st July saying that they didnt agree with that they had done anything wrong but would agree to pay back £4,024 which is exactly the amount I asked for! The money was put into my account on Wednesday 25th July.

Thanks to CAG for all your help. I cant believe that they paid up without a fight - fantastic!