DCA wants mental illness evidence, what should I do?

leo1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm on Incapacity Benefit for Bipolar disorder. A DCA is chasing me for bank loan and mobile phone bill. They don't appear on my Experian anymore because its 6 years since i defaulted, but I have made some token payments since then so i don think they are statute bared.

I sent off for a CCA for the bank loan, but the DCA tell me they are having to ask the lenders.

Anyway the DCA have asked me for proof of my mental illness. I don't know what people here would recommend so I thought I would ask. I am seeing my psychiatrist soon and I guess I could get a letter off him saying I am diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and then send it to the DCA?

Any thoughts anyone?

Thank you Cag people.

You don't need to send them proof of your illness, it is none of their business. Also if they ask you for an income and expenditure, that is none of their business either.

Let them take as long as they like to get your CCA, after 14 days your account is in dispute until they do provide it.

As Huggy says, DO NOT ring them, and if they ring you, refuse to go through security and tell them to put it in writing, either that or just put the phone down on them. If they are ringing you, let us know and we will point you in the direction of a letter to stop the calls.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Who is this hilarious DCA? Please name and shame them....it isn't Moorcroft by any chance??

As already said, you DO NOT have to give them ANY personal information, they have NO legal rights, to either be asking you for such info OR for demanding money from you.

IMO I would just make a note of the dates you receive their letters, mark it on the envelope, and ignore anything they send you.

What was the debt for?

When was your last payment or acknowledgement (in writing) that you owed them anything?

Who and what was the original debt and creditor?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks everybody. The DCA is Lowell. The bank debt is in dispute because they haven't sent a CCA yet. The token payments were up to 2009. I shall take everyone's advice and not send them letter from psychiatrist. thanks people.

Leo, sorry that I didn't say Hi and Welcome before so here it is-

Hi and welcome :oops:

If you give us a bit more information we can help you sort this out.

When did you make the token payments?

Have you been charged late payment fees at all, we can show you how to try to reclaim them and reduce your debts.

You are in the right place for help here.

Just remember that a DCA has no more right than me or your milkman to either demand money or your personal information from you.

The main thing is not to worry and ask if you need help.

HB

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

another point..............curious about your credit file. I will get somebody else to look at this as he is in the know when it comes to CRA's. IMO and I might be wrong (my blondeness means I usually am if you ask HUGGY) but if you have been making payments then surely they should be on your file???????

Can I still get charges and stuff back on a debt that defaulted over 6 years ago?? Or are those charges sort of statue bared, even though the debt isn't? Oh and yes I am confused too about experian and token payments. :???:

I have read on here that they try to claim that the charges fall outside the statute of limitations but they are wrong, I am sure somebody else will advise on that one.

Have you checked Equifax and Callcredit ? all creditors don't always register with all 3 CRA's.

I have pm'd another member and asked him to have a look at this as he is well up on CRA's and will know more about these token payments and whether they should be registered or not.

Can I still get charges and stuff back on a debt that defaulted over 6 years ago?? Or are those charges sort of statue bared, even though the debt isn't? Oh and yes I am confused too about experian and token payments. :???:

Hi

Any charges on your loan account can be reclaimed with interest. The bank will baulk at paying back stuff over six years old but you can do it. You would probably need to sue but you might be one of the lucky ones where they don't put up much of a fight.

Regards

ims

I know this is a silly question but is there a site where it shows 'example experian pictures' so you know what different scenarios actually look like? A sort of I-Spy book of credit records for those old enough to remember them!

I am not sure what it is you are after, but if lowlifes are demanding money from you, then you can safely ignore, they can do exactly NOTHING!

As for claiming back charges from a SB account I wouldn't bother, I would simply let sleeping debts die.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am not sure what it is you are after, but if lowlifes are demanding money from you, then you can safely ignore, they can do exactly NOTHING!

As for claiming back charges from a SB account I wouldn't bother, I would simply let sleeping debts die.

My question is, is it stat barred? surely the token payments have re-started the clock, but why are they not registered with the CRA? Default over 6 years ago so yes, will have dropped off, but do they not register the token payments????

Hi Boo

The loan isn't SB... accordingto OP token payments have been made up to 2009.

Regards

ims

if it does not show on your cra then ignore them

it was prob? stat barred by the time you started repayment before hence it does not show the payments

you've obv been spoofed into paying then when their was no legal debt existing

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you need the debt and medial evidence forms.

http://www.moneyadvicetrust.org/content.asp?cid=88

You have NO legal obligation to give them evidence of your illness and they have NO legal right to request it. I personally would not give them anything at all. They are just a DCA, they have no more right to have this information than I do!

if it does not show on your cra then ignore them

it was prob? stat barred by the time you started repayment before hence it does not show the payments

you've obv been spoofed into paying then when their was no legal debt existing

dx

Thanks but I don't understand why its statute bared if I made token payments on it? There wasn't a six year gap without payments.

It is probably not stat barred. Just ignore them for now.

The accounts have fallen off your

credit files simply because all defaults

are removed after 6 years PAID OR NOT.

If you have paid anything at all during

the last 6 years the statute barred clock

is still running.

So the debt (s) are NOT statute barred.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: