JSA not paid in....

mizunderstood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. I last signed on on Tuesday and ended my claim as I started a college course on Wednesday. Regular advisor was on holiday, so someone different dealt with me and told me to sign the declaration that I was signing off and that I would get my last payment today (Friday).

I was at college from 8 this morning til 6pm tonight so didn't have time to check the bank until I was going to do my weekly shop an hour and a half ago and no money has been paid into my account.

I'm guessing it's just an error, but I am a single parent, not in receipt of student funding as yet (Job Centre delayed my application by failing to fill out the form required by Finance Department in the college) and literally have nothing apart from Child Benefit which is not due until next week (I receive it monthly) and a £58 Child Tax Credit payment from Tuesday which has all but disappeared towards travel costs and food for my daughter and I.

I am not aware of any sanctions. I did have to get a crisis loan for the amount of £100 about 6 weeks ago and haven't had any money taken back from my JSA, is it possible they have cancelled my last payment to cover this? If this was the case, then I should still have had at least £35 and an explanation...can they do this?

I'm in Scotland and realise it is too late to call anywhere tonight, but will I get a hold of anyone from JC via telephone over the weekend? Monday is a bank holiday also, so do I need to wait until Tuesday? So stressed!

Sometimes when a claim is updated as showiing that you arrived to sign on and signed your declaration and the claim being closed on the same day can affect the final payment being issued. We always try to close a claim the following working day to avoid any delays (where possible) and sometimes the computer doesn't always update as it should do, also the person who signed you may have missed entering the evidence on the payments systems.

I'm afraid that due to the Bank Holiday there will not be any staff available to check this for you so all you can do is keep checking your account and if nothing is received by first thing Tuesday you need to contact your processing payments office (not the JCP) and request a progress report and call back within a 3 hour period if the payment has failed to be processed).

Thank you. I managed to contact my daughter's dad who gave me an advance on next week's maintenance so I'm not quite destitute as yet lol. Forgive my ignorance, but is the number of my local office the number I got on my letter telling me of my JSA award or would that be the JCP? Hoping I can call on Tuesday and have it sorted the same day as I cannot afford to miss college as any absences mean my bursary payments, which are still being processed, will be set back again.

You need to phone the number that is on any letters regarding your benefit where the address shows as a 'Benefit Delivery Centre' or 'Benefit Centre'. It will be an 0845 number.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)