Sussex Security Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SSS took 34 cases to court in the whole of 2011.

How come all 34 cases are not on their web site?

Were there some wins in there maybe?

I wonder how many tickets were issued in 2011?

I bet there were quite a lot more than 34 tickets issued?

So, moowave, it is obvious that they do not take all cases to court as you claim.

I never claimed anything of the sort. I am attempting to make it clear that going to court is a very real possibility, I have never stated that all cases go to court, simply that SSS do go to court and to hope that they won't is naive.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like their web site and questionable court claims fooled you.

Nope. We didn't look at them until afterwards and that made us feel even more stupid given how questionable they are. As I have repeatedly said - we were under no illusions about right or wrong - it was simply fear of court that encouraged my wife to pay up.

However, in your posts you state that they WILL take you to court ,when the evidence suggests that they are not NOT LIKELY to take you to court.

They MAY TRY court a few times to try for a default judgment.

That is why the advice is to IGNORE anything from PPCs apart from GENUINE court papers.

ALL the internet forums on Private Parking i have read advise this course of action.

Having said that, it is just advice (factual based ), and people make their own minds up.

hello all:-)

Your wife would have been in court two minutes, it has been tried many times to try too hold the RK responsible, however they cant, if they could why have the BPA spent thousands getting clause 56 adopted in the freedom bill?

By the way a county court is usually a DJ sitting behind a desk, not a formal place at all really!

It was your wife's choice but sometimes you have to stand your ground with these people!

However, in your posts you state that they WILL take you to court ,when the evidence suggests that they are not NOT LIKELY to take you to court.

They MAY TRY court a few times to try for a default judgment.

That is why the advice is to IGNORE anything from PPCs apart from GENUINE court papers.

ALL the internet forums on Private Parking i have read advise this course of action.

Having said that, it is just advice (factual based ), and people make their own minds up.

OK, they MAY take you to court. But if people ignore the fine in the hope that it'll go away they should be prepared for the eventuality that it won't, leaving them to either pay a higher amount or have their day in court.

Your wife would have been in court two minutes, it has been tried many times to try too hold the RK responsible, however they cant, if they could why have the BPA spent thousands getting clause 56 adopted in the freedom bill?

By the way a county court is usually a DJ sitting behind a desk, not a formal place at all really!

It was your wife's choice but sometimes you have to stand your ground with these people!

Yep, and I wish we had stood our ground. I hope others do. As I said before, I'm almost tempted to go and park there again just to have my day in court.

Yep, and I wish we had stood our ground. I hope others do. As I said before, I'm almost tempted to go and park there again just to have my day in court.

You're wife is not the first and certainly wont be the last as you have said she could not handle it, it is easy for us to say fight it I would personally, but were not all the same, hence the reason some pay up at the first hurdle and some go all the way!

OK, they MAY take you to court. But if people ignore the fine in the hope that it'll go away they should be prepared for the eventuality that it won't, leaving them to either pay a higher amount or have their day in court

IT IS NOT A FINE! IT IS A SPECULATIVE INVOICE THAT , FOR MANY REASONS, IS NOT LEGALY ENFORCABLE.

You have stated that you have read the advice on many forums yet you come out with a statement like that.

OK, they MAY take you to court. But if people ignore the fine in the hope that it'll go away they should be prepared for the eventuality that it won't, leaving them to either pay a higher amount or have their day in court

IT IS NOT A FINE! IT IS A SPECULATIVE INVOICE THAT , FOR MANY REASONS, IS NOT LEGALY ENFORCABLE.

You have stated that you have read the advice on many forums yet you come out with a statement like that.

I don't know what it is you want at this point. What exactly have I said that has earned this wrath? I mean, caps lock... settle down now.

Call it what you want but this IS a fine. From a couple of dictionaries:

- A sum of money required to be paid as a penalty for an offense.

- Punish (someone) by making them pay a sum of money, typically as a penalty for breaking the law.

That these fines are unjust and have no legal standing is besides the point. We are talking about a company who claim you have committed an offense by parking where they say you cannot and are attempting to charge you for it. You can call it a speculative invoice if you want, but it is a fine.

Call it what you want but this IS a fine. From a couple of dictionaries:

- A sum of money required to be paid as a penalty for an offense.

- Punish (someone) by making them pay a sum of money, typically as a penalty for breaking the law.

That these fines are unjust and have no legal standing is besides the point. We are talking about a company who claim you have committed an offense by parking where they say you cannot and are attempting to charge you for it. You can call it a speculative invoice if you want, but it is a fine.

You are so wrong.

No offence has been commited.

NO private company can impose a fine or penalty on any private individual.

You obviously have not been reading the information on the internet have you ?

I fear it is you that have not been reading what I have said:

May I draw your attention to the words "...these fines are unjust and have no legal standing..."

"No offence has been commited.

NO private company can impose a fine or penalty on any private individual."

As far as THEY are concerned an offence HAS been committed and they ARE fee to impose a fine on an individual. Saying otherwise is like telling a mugger they have no right to punch you while you are on the ground being beaten up: they may not have a right but they still do it. It is up to the individual to stand up to them, and as I have repeatedly said I hope that people will.

You seem to be labouring under the illusion that I think this is all ok; that I think it's fine for these companies to do what they are doing. I do not think this. I do not think they have any moral or legal right to impose fines. I do not think people should pay them if they do try to enforce them.

I have been as clear as I can be. I have nothing more to say on this subject.

Sorry, but you quite clearly stated, in your post number 59 , that this IS a fine.

This is not the case.

There is NO FINE.

There is no OFFENCE commited.

No matter what SSS might like to call it the fact is they are wrong.

You posting what you have is spreading confusion to people that come on here for advice and it is not helping them.

By using the words FINE and OFFENCE then SSS are going against the BPA code of practice that they have stated they adhere to.

"Sorry, but you quite clearly stated, in your post number 59 , that this IS a fine."

Yes I did and I have not contradicted that. It IS a fine. It is an unjust fine that is not legally enforceable, but it is a fine nonetheless.

"There is no OFFENCE commited."

But there is the perception of an offence by the company, therefore they feel justified in pursuing the matter and forcing people to point out that there was no offence

"By using the words FINE and OFFENCE then SSS are going against the BPA code of practice that they have stated they adhere to."

Show me where I said SSS used these terms. Perhaps you might want to read my words before arguing with what you think I said.

"You posting what you have is spreading confusion to people that come on here for advice and it is not helping them."

I would suggest that your constant nit picking and attempts to show off while not recounting any real experiences are the source of any confusion that might arise. You only developed a problem with what I was saying after I was not as grovellingly grateful for your smug comments as you felt I should have been. I have attempted to make myself clear when you have expressed misgivings about my choice of words but you have still persisted in vindictively trying find fault in every post I have made.

No need to get personal.

I was only pointing out that your choice of words was wrong and setting out my reasons why i think your choice was wrong.

Is that so hard for you to understand?

Or are your posts worded so that you hope to create confusion to the tried and tested advice on this, and many other ,forums?

"I would suggest that your constant nit picking and attempts to show off while not recounting any real experiences are the source of any confusion that might arise. You only developed a problem with what I was saying after I was not as grovellingly grateful for your smug comments as you felt I should have been. I have attempted to make myself clear when you have expressed misgivings about my choice of words but you have still persisted in vindictively trying find fault in every post I have made."

Not nit picking or showing off, i have no need to, just stating what I BELIEVE to be good advice. It has served me well and i bet countless other people well.

That is what this forum and others is about.

I will try to defend this advice when i feel it is being underminded, but everyone is free to make their own choices.

• 1 month later...

anyway just an update...

got a letter this morning 'notice of intention to instruct solicitors, to issue summons'! from TNC am I right to continue to ignore, think the answer is yes! The most pathetic thing about this letter is it is riddled with spelling mistakes, I think that annoys me just as much as these stupid letters they keep sending!!

Go on, scan and post it up, give us all a laugh...I had a letter from call serve this am which they DEMAND payment to be mad IMMEDIATELY.

Clowns, the person they are chasing hasn't lived here for nearly 6 years!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I kind of want this thread to die a death because of the misleading information posted by j1 and Moonwave but reading through it and referring to Moonwave's posts I just had to comment.

I think that Moonwave is a PPC Troll, albeit he/she hasn't launched the usual 'Pay these people or they will take your goods and £1000's in court and your Granny's knickers attack, but much more slyly he/she is making the statement that you must pay up or be prepared to go to court.

Most people are scared of court even if they are in the right, so gambling on this Moonwave is playing the card hoping that people will think it's easier to cough up than go to scary court and talk to a scary Court Official

I don't believe in deleting posts, over editing or heavy handed moderating of posts on any forum (after all free speech should be just that) but at what point do you have to stop deliberately misleading information being read by those who may be intimidated by it?

If I was new to the forum and read this thread I might think 'Is it worth the hassle as there's clearly a difference of opinion and outcomes'

I can't even understand how Moonwave's wife could have lost in court as her first words must have been 'I wasn't the driver' at which point the Court Official should have dismissed the case, add that to the slip ups of SSS WILL take you to court and then the frantic back pedalling, I think the Troll should be pushed back under the bridge and the thread cleaned up of misleading info.

Just my opinion though :)

Trolls are easily spotted, and there are plenty of others on here who will be able to give the correct advice.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!