style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

beachbird, I live there too,perhaps they were blissfully unaware, but if does not matter either way, it happened, but for the fact it was not for four days !!!!! thank goodness.

Bit hard to miss the searchlights from the helicopters that went on for more than four hours though.

Pity the piccy of the lad with the stones being thrown to the fire man putting out the fire on the estate were not imagined, but I can assure you the s*** threw them according to my son and it was reported youths were there.

My point is a lot of these events perhaps would ahve been non events but for the fact some goader reports something is kicking off and yobs are attracted xx

Fire engine engine etc....noise started about 13.30, but the youbs did not amass till later in higher numbers and it ended when was long dark, think there were two helicopters as soon as one left I presume to refuel another appeared.

Have to say the acted quickly and it was also reported night before that yobs met at the city centre but were encourated to leave with two riot vans. Sons friends dad is security guard at city centre and he was called in to patrol the city centre.

Lucky mk is so on the ball with its police and to be honest the city centre has a police station built onto it and one down the road, so yobs woudl not get far without them appearing anyhow.

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011

There were reports of trouble in my town last night but there was no truth in it. Been to Birmingham today and it was fine, but there was a very strong police presence at New Street station when we left about tea time. It was very reassuring, and apparently it's been all quiet tonight. :-)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

aw i love cornwall good to hear you have no problems rumbler, so many conflicting stories flying round dont know what to believe do you, very sadabout those 3 men in birmingham last night though their families must be going through hell today :(

Sickening, isn't it.

Way back in the early 70s when I was allowed to play in the street, lanes and vicarage gardens we would never have dreamed about doing anything wrong as we knew the consequences would be awful...

if ihad done anything wrong id get a good hiding when i got home from my dad and it would hurt my backside i wouldnt go and do it again thats for sure, but all these do gooders saying you mustnt smack a child and all this talking hasnt done any good its caused the bad social behavour and it will go on and get worse unless they stop telling us how to bring up OUR Children

i dont go looting neither do my sons or grandson, because they have been brought up to respect people and you work hard to get the nice things in life not go stealing off others and destroying , kids are so rude today, no disapline in the homes and no disapline in the schools , and this is what you get!!!!!

My dad was a police sergeant and although he was very caring and loving we wouldn't even think of crossing him or my mum. We knew there would be consequences if we didn't behave. After he died my mum even threatened to take me to the police when she found out that I was going into pubs when I was 16! I don't think me and my brothers or sister were particularly saints but we knew there were boundaries and treated people with respect.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Riot started in Edinburgh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG-XWBVdonQ&NR=1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Some plank has ben arrested in the local High Street for trying to flog his nicked phone, it was identified by the IMEI no as having been pinched from nearby Croydon. They clearly don't think about the longer term consequences. What is going to happen when their pinched teles go wrong and need to be repaired?

What is going to happen when their pinched teles go wrong and need to be repaired?

Most of them got ripped off the walls in betting offices anyway so must be broken to start with! Load of bumbling idiots!

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Looks like Birmingham is getting back to normal. I think the 3 deaths there may have made some people - possibly parents - sit up and take notice of what their kids are doing. Pubs and clubs in Brindley Place back to normal hours on the advice of their security.

Let's hope that peace has broken out.