Westcot - Postcard through my door

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Apologies for posting a new thread i am sure the information is somewhere on here, i am just feeling really stressed and upset. I recieved a postcard through my door, which i now know i should never have replied to. It related to a debt from 2004 i think, but i cant be sure. They say i owe £3000 and made a payment in 2006 again i have no recollection of this. I have had debts in the past but i was sure i had paid everything off.

I believe that as i have confirmed my address and date of birth that i have now accepted the debt? Is this true? I never admitted to the debt over the phone. I am terrified that they will try to get money off me now. I really need advice on what to do. I have asked for a breakdown of the account as i have no recollection of it. Is there anything else i should do at this stage. I am really down and stressed out about this, my debts caused me to loose everything a few years ago, i thought i had got my life back now this.

Not sure what to do. any help would be great.

Thanks.

Hi manc

Welcome to CAG

Well you've just had an example of Rule 1 . . Stay off the phone

All you've done is confirmed that you are you and where you live and opened the flood gates so be prepared for the grap mail to start

The only way to acknowledge "The debt" is in writing or by a payment, talking of which if they reckon you made one in 2006 they must provide absolute proof

Get your thinking cap on and try to recollect any/all the info you can

They have to prove you owe them money not the other way round

Don't panic for now, wait and see what thier next move is but get to work in the mean time

good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

send a prove it letter?

I disagree at this stage

Let them show thier hand first

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

How much info is on the post card, as I doubt there

is enough on that to warrant a prove it letter?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks guys, I'm really glad that me phoning them back and confirming who i am is not accepting the debt, as i read on another forum.

The postcard was really bizarre just came through letter box to the occupier asking to phone emma back on a number quoting a reference number. I feel really stupid having phoned them, reading the forums here. I did not give them phone number and used 141.

I think i will take revernant's advice and wait to see what they do. It is so hard to think about payments i made in 2006, but i am pretty sure any debts i had were cleared in 2004. I wait and see with what they come up with.

Thanks again guys. Feel a bit better about this already.

m

Thanks guys, I'm really glad that me phoning them back and confirming who i am is not accepting the debt, as i read on another forum.

The postcard was really bizarre just came through letter box to the occupier asking to phone emma back on a number quoting a reference number. I feel really stupid having phoned them, reading the forums here. I did not give them phone number and used 141.

I think i will take revernant's advice and wait to see what they do. It is so hard to think about payments i made in 2006, but i am pretty sure any debts i had were cleared in 2004. I wait and see with what they come up with.

Thanks again guys. Feel a bit better about this already.

m

Naughty Wescot writing to "The Occupier" . . basic breach of guidelines straight away :sad:

Just get on with life and listen for the letter box to rattle :wink:

R

I had one through the door the other day,, think it was phone Finlay.... or something like that. Addressed to Occupier... sent it back as I knew it was Westcotts telling them that no one by the name of Occupier lived at this address

I think it is for ex Mrs Hippy !!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

I have signed letters for clients, Mr. T.H.E. Occupier, and does not acknowledge

ant debt to your company, did this to Moorcrap, Mac Hall, and Ruthbridge, they never

heard another thing from them.:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I had one through the door the other day,, think it was phone Finlay.... or something like that. Addressed to Occupier... sent it back as I knew it was Westcotts telling them that no one by the name of Occupier lived at this address

I think it is for ex Mrs Hippy !!!!!!!!!!

It seems they are sending a bulk load out like this, I also received one addressed to The Occupier.. I marked it as not known at this address and junk mail, return to sender.

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

Every one getting a post card must reply as

Mr/Mrs T.H.E Occupier and deny the alleged debt.:madgrin:

yo,,,, that Mr and Mrs Occupier really have run up the debts,,,, they must owe billions.... And Finlay if your trolling about here,, Mrs ex Hippy owes me some dosh too so if you find her can you act on my behalf...

And please don't forget to forward all complaints to the OFT&TS via consumer direct for the blatant disregard for the OFT debt collection guidelines and the data protection act!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Damn BB forgot about that bad boy...; hope they send Mr White round,,,, I always hit me phone on record now before I open the door,,,, nice to be on the safe side really... Must put that camera up as well.. but that may put them off.

Get out the full Hippy garb, stick a flower in your

hair and call him sweetie if he calls:madgrin::jaw:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

As predicted recieved my first letter from Wescot today. Having asked them on the phone to send me a breakdown of the account and the detail of the payment i made in 2006, which i do not believe i made, i have now recieved a letter which says

"Despite a number of requests for payment, you have failed to agree and maintain an acceptable repayment plan on the above account...."

It goes on to say that my account has been refferred to Nelson Guest and Partners solicitors with a view to issuing proccedings against me. Firstly they have not made any attempt or any requests for payments yet, and i asked on the phone for them to send me details of the account which they have failed to produce.

they are threatening me with A charging order against my house

an attachement of earnigns order

and a warrant of execution

Can they do any of this without producing evidence of the existence of the account.

Can you also give me a link to the best prove it letter on the site.

Also they sent a postcard to the occupier to my house, i think one of you said this was a breach of the rules, should i bring this up the prove it letter?

Any help would be great guys. Sorry had a look for the letter on the site but could not find it.

Thanks

Manc:-x

Ignore stupid post cards.,

Take a look through the CAG library

and pick a template and amend to suit

your case.

The refusal of information is sus,regarding SB,refresh my decrepit

memory does this show on credit report files and if so what's

the detail???

Ignore them, they have done diddly squat, they are merely phishing.

Once they pass it onto their next desk NG& puppets you can tell them to clear off too.

That is a standard computer generated threat letter, they all use the same template, "despite our previous attempts" when they clearly have sent nothing and haven't even contacted you previously.

The threats are just that, and empty ones at that, they need to issue a summons first before they can do any of that nonsense, and then you will be able to defend it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!