bluecloud v halifax **WON**

Guest bluecloud
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest bluecloud

Requested the statements over the phone beginning of last week (around the 11th of September).

Was advised that charge for statements would be £5.

Statements arrived on Saturday 16th. 166 pages in 34 envelopes.

Highlighted all of the charges and expected a total of around 500-600.

£1074 to date - yikes!

Sent the preliminary letter record delivery today (19th September).

Here we go!!!!

Your item with reference DHxxxxxxxxxGB was delivered from our HALIFAX Delivery Office on 20/09/06

podhalifaxprelimlettergl4.jpg

Good luck

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Guest bluecloud

1 week since they received my preliminary letter and not so much as a murmur. It is quite difficult to remain sat on my hands.

At least I can console myself with all of the other claims going through the system.

Keeping the flame of desire burning until then.

Wow, that's kinda freaky. When I started this I was expecting it to be around £500-600, turned out to be £1068. Now if your charges had been applied over 3.5 years that would REALLY freak me out :o :lol:

Halifax PLC

August 19th: Subject Access Request sent

September 10th: Preliminary sent

September 26th: Letter Before Action sent

Claim issued: 22nd October

Guest bluecloud

My first bank charge was applied on 29th Septmber 2001 - almost exactly 5 years ago.

The worst period was the summer of 2003 when the Hellifax changed their billing method from end of following to month to seven days. I got caught for £290 in one month!

I decided to go ahead this month when I got caught for bouncing a DD despite there being enough money in the account. My car insurance was due out on 5th so I made sure that I paid in enough to cover it before the close of the 5th. Hellifax told me that as the DD was requested at 9am I should have had enough money in the account at 9am and depositing money the same day didn't matter. The chap on the "help-line" enough had the gall to tell me that as the transfer had been completed on-line then the transfer was officially processed for the next day despite the transaction being show in my list as taking place on the 5th. Personally I just think it's another way of extracting unlawful charges from the most vulnerable of customers.

P.S. Tonight has been really crap as my poor little cat, Ruth, was run over by a car. We're all really upset. We're not looking for sympathy posts, but a kind thought would be nice.

Guest bluecloud

Letter from Halifax arrived this morning.

But bummer!

It's just a mailshot telling me "some really exciting news" about an increase in interest rates on my web saver account. It's going up a full quarter of one percent. Get his though, it's because they really value my custom! Maybe they should just hurry-up and refund the £1074 in unlawful charges if they really value my custom.

Joy!

Still, I'm away for the weekend visiting the outlaws so that will take my mind off things till Monday. Monday is the fourteenth day for the preliminary letter.

Keep fighting everyone

Hi Bluecloud

I'm at the same stage as you, Monday is the fourteenth day for my preliminary letter - so LBA will be sent on Tuesday.

I'm asking for £3,901 back before interest from the last 6 years, so Christmas will be a good one in our house this year - might even get a new front door with my money!!

Karen

August 06- S.A.R. handed into a Halifax Branch

Sept 06 statements received and first letter sent requesting repayment of charges totalling £3,90

beginning Oct 06 received phone call offering £1,397, said would accept as interim payment andLBA letter sent same day

mid Oct 06 MCOL submitted online

end Oct 06 paid in full including interest and court fee - £4,980!

Guest bluecloud

Nothing received from the Halifax today (as of 4.30pm) so the LBA is on its way to Trinity Road.

I'm a bit surprised I've heard nothing at all, not even so much as a complaints leaflet or "advice" as to how or why the bank charges its customers.

But heigh-ho I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

So come on Halifax, let's see if you respond to this one.

(And yes, its Recorded Delivery so they won't have an excuse for not receiving it.)

Keep up the good fight everyone.

P.S.

Today was pay day so the S.A.R.'s for another 6 (six) accounts being prepared tonight - :)

Guest bluecloud

Second update of the day.

No, not a phone call from the Halifax offering me 52p instead of £1074 "as a gesture of good will".

I've sent the S.A.R. for my Halifax Credit Card and a second S.A.R. to start the ball rolling with all 5 (yes five) Halifax accounts - 2 credit cards and 3 current accounts - all of which are either frozen or with Blair, Oliver and Scott.

So, hopefully, in less than 40 days we should have all the details we need.

Christmas might actually be good this year.

As an aside, I've read on a couple of posts that any amount claimed on a credit card is offset against any existing debt, can anyone confirm this?

My credit card has been with BOS (a subsiduary of HBOS, weird huh) for a few years and the majority of the outstanding balance is made up of charges so I'm hoping that the agreed payment scheme I've endured and the unlawful charges may actually clear the account.

I also know that Halifax placed a "bank default" against my name as a result of my credit card charges taking the balance so high so I will also be asking that my reputation is expunged.

My partner is in an even bigger mess than I. The Halifax absolutely nailed her 3 current accounts. We are expecting the claims to be so big that we'll have to split them into individual claims. Non of her accounts are massively overdrawn (all less than £500) so the repayment of charges will more than cover the debt.

Here's hoping to a speedy resolution (yeah right :D).

still no news pal ?

im at the same stage as you i sent my lba today! try sending it to the customer relations office in leeds! i recieved a letter back in 2 days say they where sorry blah blah.

it might not be any use but here you are

customer relations

halifu**ers

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

best of luck:-)

Prelimary sent 18/9/06

:-)

£420 first offer 30/9/06 :mad:

LBA & partial acceptance sent 2/10/06:-)

Halifax acknowledge refusal of full and final settlement 5/10/06

Money claim issued 10/10/06

Acknowledged by Halif%&ers 12/10/06

Guest bluecloud

Thanks for the pointer, it may be useful as a contact address when they fail to comply with my S.A.R., but to be very blunt I couldn't really give two hoots if Halifax reply.

We all know that Halifax won't do anything until the claim arrives on their doormat so if I get a response the group can have a good giggle, especially if it's something new.

So I just play my waiting game with our old adversary the American Navy, we will pass through their sonar nets... sorry about that, drifting off into a scene from The Hunt for Red October.

Good luck with your LBA.

Just a thought, but does anyone else believe that the Halifax are hoping that the majority of Preliminary Letters and LBAs are just idle threats and that no-one can afford the £120 filing fee at court? I do have the plan of using my Halifax Visa Debit Card to pay for mine, oh the sweet irony! :)

Hi Bluecloud

I had a phonecall this morning offering me £1,397 for the last 24 months of charges, told them 'Thanks but no thanks - it's £3,929.00 that I want'.

They are confirming in a letter but will send my LBA today anyway, regardless of their offer.

Karen

August 06- S.A.R. handed into a Halifax Branch

Sept 06 statements received and first letter sent requesting repayment of charges totalling £3,90

beginning Oct 06 received phone call offering £1,397, said would accept as interim payment andLBA letter sent same day

mid Oct 06 MCOL submitted online

end Oct 06 paid in full including interest and court fee - £4,980!

Guest bluecloud

Your item with reference DHxxxxxxxxxGB was delivered from our HALIFAX Delivery Office on 03/10/06 .

Thank you for using this service.

The electronic Proof of Delivery may not be available for this item yet. Please allow up to 72 hours after delivery before checking.

So now they have my LBA.

Two weeks and counting till claim filed.

Still no contact from the Halifax (other than the increased interest rate mentioned above and a statement I received this morning). C'est la vie.

Guest bluecloud

Lord love them for trying. :D

FF1

3rd October 2006

Mr Bluecloud

x

x

x

Roll Number: x/xxxxxxxxx-x

Bank Account

Dear Mr Bluecloud

I refer to the above numbered account and your recent letter.

Unfortunately there is a page missing from your letter and we have been anable to deal with your request. Please can you send your request again and we will deal with this as soon as possible, I have enclosed a pre paid envelope.

We apologise for any incovenience this may cause.

If you require any further information please contact us on 08457 20 30 40.

Yours sincerely

Victoria Jackson

Customer Services

The letter head was the PO Box 548, Leeds, address. The postmark was, PO Box 148, Glasgow, G1 3EL

Anyone else had this one? Not entirely sure how a page could be missing, there were only 3 and they were stapled together. :)

I also got another charge this morning for £39 for an unpaid transaction to my Capital One credit card. Strange how the Halifax Visa credit card transaction was paid on the same day. Looks like they don't process the list alphabetically - lol. I'm now less than 2 weeks away from filing at court so I'll just add the £39 to the list.

Guest bluecloud

Your item with reference DHxxxxxxxxxGB was delivered from our HALIFAX Delivery Office on 04/10/06 .

The electronic Proof of Delivery may not be available for this item yet. Please allow up to 72 hours after delivery before checking.

So that's my Halifax CC S.A.R. delivered.

Your item with reference DHxxxxxxxxxGB was delivered from our HALIFAX Delivery Office on 04/10/06 .

And my partner's S.A.R delivered.

A busy day for the Halifax as far as my family is concerned. :)

Guest bluecloud

FF1

5th October 2006

Mr Bluecloud

x

x

x

Roll Number: x/xxxxxxxx-x

Complaint - reference xxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr Bluecloud

With reference to your letter of complaint dated 2nd October 2006.

It wasn't a complaint, it was a Letter Before Action.

Due to the nature of your complaint I have referred your letter to my Customer Relations Department at Head Office, who will reply to you directly as soon as possible.

I sent the Letter Before Action to the Head Office. I don't care how directly you contact me, I will be issuing a claim at the County Court no later than the 18th October 2006.

I have enclosed a copy of our complaints procedure for your reference, which outlines how we will deal with your complaint.

You may have wasted some glossy paper as i) I haven't complained and ii) you're going to do what I tell you do i.e. repay my unlawfully applied charges.

If you need to speak to someone in the meantime, please do not hesitate to call on 08457 25 35 19, quoting reference xxxxxxxxx.

No thanks, I prefer to do everything in writing.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Catherine Henderson

Customer Services

Received this morning complete with glossy leaflet.

This letter was headed with the Leeds address but the postmark is:

P.O. Box 1HA

NEWCASTLE NE99 1HA

At least I got a response this time. More than the preliminary letter got.

Guest bluecloud

So finally the Halifax are "talking" to me about my first claim.

They have a maximum of 12 days before I nip down to Teesside Combined Courts to file my N1 and all documentary evidence.

It wasn't as good a giggle as them claiming that part of my preliminary letter was missing but just as nice to get some mail.

Guest bluecloud

Nothing to report for the last 5 days as nothing heard from the singing and dancing bank of Yorkshire.

However, I haven't been entirely idle. Firstly, done all my administration. For all you newbies out there (and even any not-so-newbies), don't forget to keep EVERYTHING. Recorded delivery slips, receipts, cheques stubs, postal order receipts (you can apply to the Post Office for proof of the postal order being cashed two weeks after it was issued). If you can then try and get the electronic copies of the proof of delivery slip issued by Royal Mail (although don't worry if there isn't one available. Make sure you have hard copies of all correspondance sent, I don't even want to think about a PC failure between now and any possible court hearing - although presenting a judge with a slightly smoked hard-drive would be fun it doesn't really amount to much evidence for a claim for bank charges. :)

Secondly, I've continued to read the posts and not just the Halifax forum. They are a mine of information and advice. They can also be a bit of fun; especially when you see some of the tactics used by the banks to delay the procedure. Maybe it's vanity but I still like the response I received to my Preliminary Letter (see above). It's even funnier when you think that it was a 3 page letter, stapled together, my address on page 1, my name and signature on page 2 and a copy of the schedule of charges attached. So which page they lost, I'm not sure but I'm fairly certain they got the first two pages as how did they know to write to me? Maybe the staff at Halifax are endowed with special powers of deduction. :D

Some of you out there may not have realised that CAG got some sideways publicity on Radio 2 last Friday. Martin Lewis of moneysavingexpert.com fame was speaking to Jeremy Vine about unlawful bank charges. You can get to the show using the following link,

BBC Radio Player - Radio 2

Martin came on at about 1hr10m. It's only available for a couple of days now so be quick. It's a great cheer for existing claimants and a good kick up the butt for sceptics (especially the £19,000 record). I'm going to try and get permission to record Martin's piece and post it somewhere we can all get to it so we can get to it for a longer period.

Keep fighting everyone.

Guest bluecloud

Typical!

I spend time writing an update and what comes through the door afterwards? A letter from the Halifax.

The letterhead says Leeds.

The postmark says P.O. Box 1990, Birmingham B16 8TZ

I left the typos, grammar errors and spelling mistakes in for the more eagle-eyed reader. :D

Needless to say I will be accepting the offer, but only as a partial settlement of my claim. After all it is only 6 days until I need to complete the N1 and it would be such a shame not to do it.

CR FF

10th October 2006

Mr Bluecloud

x

x

x

x

Our reference xxxxxxxxx

Roll Number: x/xxxxxxxx-x

Dear Mr Bluecloud

Thank you for your recent letter.

I am sure you will apreciate like other organisations we incur costs for every transaction made. When we pay an item against an unauthorised overdraft or return an item unpaid, we incur extra costs regardless of the shortfall involved. We believe it is fair to pass these costs on to the accounts affected, as apposed to them being absorbed by other customers.

Our charging policy is clearly outlined in the term and conditions that apply to your account. In addition, we are committed to complying with the Banking Code, which sets standards of good banking practice. The terms and conditions of your account state that you must have funds in your account to cover your transactions. We cannot be responsible if you authorise payments against funds that are not available.

We are keen to help you avoid any unnecessary charges by providing various ways to keep track of your account. You can do this using telephone banking on 08457 20 30 40, on-line banking (www.halifax.co.uk or Bank Of Scotland - Home -) or mini statements at cash machines. You can also contact one of our banking advisers at any of our branches. Ultimately it is your rsponsibility to manage your account.

As a gesture or good will I would like to offer to refund £696.00 being six months worth of charges to your account in full and final settlement of your complaint. I must stress that future charge wil stand and we reserve the right to close your accountif you do not manage it correctly. To accept my offer please sign and return the enclosed acceptance form in the pre-paid envelope.

I know this won't be the response you were hoping for, to comply with legislation, I would like to let you know that if you remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to the Financial Ombudman Service. They can be contacted by telephone on 0845 080 1800, or by post at:

The Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Email [email protected]

Website www.fiancial-ombudsman.org.uk

You will find enclosed a leaflet providing full details of the Ombudsman service. If you wish to refer the matter to the Ombudsman you must do so within 6 months of the date of the letter.

Yours sincerely

T Dangerfield

Review Manager

Customer Relations

Guest bluecloud

P.S.

My partner was as high as a kite when she saw the letter. Although she has read the forums and heard Martin Lewis on the radio, she admitted to being a bit of a pessimist and thought that it would happen for us. Now she *knows* is it happening.

hi bluecloud,

a funny thing happened on the way to the forum!

been reading through your post as i am on a very similar timescale to yours.

this morning received almost exactly the same letter as per your last post.

just out of interest did you include the paragraph about complaining to the o.f.t. on your letter before action, its was the bit in blue?

I did and got myself some more shiney paper to play with!

don't knock it 'till you've tried it! :)

Guest bluecloud

I got another leaflet, this time for the Financial Ombudsman Service and a pre-paid postage envelope.

I was tempted to use the envelope to send my replay but decided against. The reply is winging its way to Trinity Road courtesy of Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

So they should get that in the morning.

I can't see me getting an upped offer due to today's being a "full and final settlement" but stranger things have so I'm still planning on visiting Teesside Combined Courts next Wednesday to file my N1. I even have the number for a very nice lady that lets me into the Court car park to give me easier wheelchair access. I'm really looking forward to it all.

Guest bluecloud

Your item with reference DHxxxxxxxxxGB was delivered from our HALIFAX Delivery Office on 12/10/06 .

So the Halifax now have my "rejection" letter. It's only 6 days until the L.B.A. runs out and I can't see them writing to me again so I suppose its time to download the N1 and complete the details in triplicate, and copy everything I've sent too. I do so hate not being prepared and the court office opens nice and early. :D

Keep fighting everyone.