Tax credits

beckyboo28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The plot just gets thicker and thicker!!!! So yesterday a ramdom payment of £14.78 was deposited into my account. Normally the description for payments from this office show up as "child and working tax credit" the description for the amount yesterday was simply "child tax credit". Does this mean anything???? I usually get my payments on a Thursday and this morning I checked my bank account and £10.21 less than normal went in! I am so confused now. Have had no paper work at all from them. Have no idea what the first payment of £14.78 was for and now I have £10.21 less than normal in my bank today.

It does seem that renewing via post is the slowest option, I called on the 31st July and renewed and by the 8th Aug all the paperwork had arrived.

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

Still nothing for me either, no post at all today !!! My money is paid monthly and I really need this months as its my boys birthday and he has a party that wont pay for itself !!! I am not ringing anymore , your on hold ages just to be told its being processed !!!!

just beginning to wonder if they had some kind of problem towards end of may beginning of June as all the posts that relate to really late renewals seem to have been renewed around that time ????

Well i sent mine in on 05 July and it was signed for on 07 July so i'm not in the May / June bracket :| I am trying not to panic or worry but that is easier said than done especially as everyone else who was in the same boat appears to be being sorted!!!!!!!!!!

oh sorry i must have read yours wrong, i thought it was june too !!! think i am just clutching at straws as to why its taking so long !!!!! i dont think i would be half as worried had the bloke on the phone not said call back if you havent heard by the 24th June !!!!

fingers crossed that this week is our week and we finally get some news !!!!! :)

Well now I know why my renewal has been taking so long! Just received a letter this morning advising me that my claim has been selected for a review for last year. This relates to the childcare element. I didn't notify them until November 2010 that my childcare had stopped (I then received an amended award notice) so looks like I am going to have an overpayment.

To say I am panicing at the moment is an absolute understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pray:

I have to respond by 25 August 2011 to confirm their findings

HI

do you have to send in receipts, p60s etc... or just confirm amounts over the phone?

Hope things work out for you

No not been asked to send anything in - just to confirm their findings.

I have already renewed (but not received an updated renewal) so not sure if this is coinciding or not.

backofbeyond....... thanks for the update, when you say that you told them it finished in Nov 2010,is that when it actually stopped ???? ( i still havent told them mine has stopped !!)

by reading through some other threads on here, it seems that we are not the only ones re overpayments for childcare !

I still have not heard anything !! although from reading your post, im expecting the same sort of letter !! i was hoping that because it had been so long that surely if they were investigating I would have heard by now but seems not !!!!

Hi Nic76 - No its not when it stopped :| there should not have been any childcare on last years award and I didn't notify them until November when we had other big changes in our circumstances and my mind was in a better place to notify them. Although I stopped it in November I did not say to them "oh by the way I shouldn't have had any childcare this year" I just simply cancelled it. What I did was wrong and I did know that this day would come I suppose.

The letter I have received this morning simply states that my claim has been selected for a review (not investigation), it says that they have contacted my childcare providers and they have confirmed that no payments have been made between 06/04/10-05/04/11 and it asks me to either agree with their findings or to send them proof of payments etc by 24/08/11. It says that if I fail to contact them they will use their findings and amend my award on 25/08/11.

I have drafted a letter which I am going to send tomorrow confirming that their findings are right but also advising that I did notify them of the changes in Nov 10 and then I had another award notice and our payments (obviously) plummeted.

This is obviously the reason my renewal is taking so long. They were obviously waiting on confirmation from my non-existent childcare providers.

When did you stop paying for childcare Nic76?

Edited by backofbeyond
typo

backofbeyond.....

my circumstances are very similar to yours. For the first time ever I applied for childcare for last summer holidays, I rang them and told them that it was for the 6 weeks only. The bloke on the phone must have been new as it took ages for him to take details and I was put on hold loads of times ! But he told me that it would automatically stop at end of 6 weeks. My first payment was 760 then it went down to 560. My nan has always had my little boy but she started intensive chemo and couldnt last year. then the day before the summer club was due to start they cancelled on me. I was in bits trying to find somewhere else and I did but although the cost was the same it wasn't ofsted registered. In a complete state Ii just thought for 6 weeks it wont hurt surely !!! I couldnt afford to pay it without the help to be honest......

It wasnt until the November when i had letter from housing benefit stopping my payments due to increase in tax credits that I realised they must still be paying childcare.... by which time i was too scared to tell them so thought I would wait til it renewed then tell them I no longer needed it !!! Like you I have been living on edge knowing it would come back to bite me, but at the time I just didn't know what to do !!!!

If I get the same kind of letter, i think that I will call them and just say I have had no childcare since last summer and you was aware of this and just accept my mistake !!!

I think the wording ''review'' is better than investigating... review surely means that they are going to readjust the payments for the over payment ?? ( or am i clutching at straws again ??)!!!!

I read a post where someone claimed 7grand and was just asked to pay back small amount through deductions, mine is no where near that amount, so my worry is a little less now !!!!

how long are you away on holiday for ??? I bet your right as to why taken so long to get back to you !!!

will you still get your money while they review it ??? I get mine monthly and this month I need to pay for my boys birthday party !! thats all im worrying about at the moment is not getting it !!! last month i was worried as it was our holiday money !!!! spend my life worrying !!!!:)

Hi all just to update you all I still havent heard anything at all. Tomorrow it will be 15 weeks since I renewed. I dont have any childcare on my claim this year but I did have part of the year last year. My childcare provider has since gone into liquidation so I dont know if thats the delay or even if my is being reviewed I can only assume it is because of the lengthy delay xx

xxx zara xxx