I just don't need all that stress again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your doing all the hard work, we're simply pointing you in the right direction (hopefully! :crutch:)

Well advising certainly!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I have an update, Cabot are refusing to close the account and said they are keeping it on hold after 2 years and that they will contact me "when" they receive the agreement. But they have had 2 years.....

Also Mackenzie Hall sent me a letter back stating they have given the creditor 40 days to find my agreement but thats not right?

The other 2 I am wiating for a response which the 12 days are up on the 15th.

So what should I do about Cabot's response and MH?? Also I know about the clause with the asking for the agreement as by law they are supposed to have it already when they buy the debt, is there a letter I can send with regards to this??

That's a complaint to OFT I think.

The time scale it unfair and unreasonable.

You could write to Cabot and MH in that vein

and head it final response.

'' I consider that the time scale you have been allowed

is more than reasonable but considering the stress caused

by your inaction I now consider any further time for you

to fulfill my lawful request is unfair and unreasonable,

I am compiling a complaint to the OFT and Consumer Direct,

and in view of this please consider this my FINAL RESPONSE

no further communication will be made any correspondence

from you will returned unopened.

Yours stroppily

P**sed OFF

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If Brig was like me he would say....

Dear Cr@pbot, thank you for confirmation that you are merely being a childish pain in the back side. Any further correspondence from you will be fed to my pet guinea pigs.

Dear Muckhall, I have no idea what planet you are on, least of all what legislation you claim to abide by, but in the 40 days you profess you require to collate the information you require to enforce any such action against myself, I will have had sufficient time to move address, change name, and aquire a competent legal team in order to wring you dry and make you more laughable than you already are.

12 working days from receipt of your request is ALL they are entitled too, if the clowns cannot or will not supply the agreement in that time, then the account is in dispute, and NO payments are to be made on that account, no matter how hard they beg and plead, even if they try the old "morale obligation" sketch......

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys well good news I have heard nothing from any of my creditors with regards to my request for the agreement so I am assuming they don't have it!! Now is there anyway of claiming the money back I have paid them or do I just call it quits now and move on? Thanks again for all your help

Hi Chrissie, Sorry it doesn't work that

way they may not have the agreement

but you have acknowledged the debt

by making payments.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hey Chrissie

You have some b++ls girl!!!!

... best advice I ever had was to leave things alone.... its a bit of a variation of the old saying.... 'why fix it if its not broken'.... you could read that in this context as 'if its broken dont fix it'....

.... however I disagree with Brig....

there is a discrete body of law recognized by the HOL on 6 June 1991 (although this has evolved for over 200 years) which is based upon the body of law known as the law of restitution.

In brief the law is concerned about when restitutionary remedies may be awarded.

One of the different types of action this body of law considers is the reversal of a defendant's unjust enrichment. In simple terms you could argue that you had made payments believing that the Creditor was entitled to receive those payments, however you and they were mistaken because no contract exists between you... therefore they were unjustly enriched.

The law is very new... and there is a lot to prove.... but as I stated earlier... there IS a body of law should you wish to pursue this further.

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and that is your starting point.....

you need to establish that the contract is null and void .. in terms of the law therefore there was no contract, or indeed that there IS a contract. You could argue that if the contract does not comply with the CCA then the contract should be declared null and void since it was entered into in the mistaken belief that it complied with the act....

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont know what happened to my post...

ok.... so the contract is the starting point..... you need to get this declared null and void....

you could argue that the contract should have complied with the CCA and you entered into it in the mistaken belief that it did.... therefore..... the contract should be declared null and void.

IF there is NO contract then.... you can commence your action for restitution....

you could as I have done, use this as part of your communications with the Creditor to recover money they owe you.

... and no is the answer.... nobody has paid me anything... yet .... but it is a great threat to the Creditor.... having the possibility of a counter claim!

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have read some of the ''restitution'' I

seriously doubt that it will have any great

impact on CCA 1974 matters, as you say

cerbs the one certain thing is the debt still

exists stat barred or not.

The problem is if they take you to court on the back of a reconstructed agreement you have a slim chance of a defence, whereas if you take them to court all they have to prove basically is that you have had the money as proven with the case of a cut up MBNA card which was produced in evidence. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?179236