work programme

leasky32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey there

i am on this work programme through working links, but i go to one of there sub contractors, (triage), well first time i went for the interview i was in the place for three hours, at least hour half interview, sat waiting for half an hour, then a hours job search after the interview, and by that time my medication was kicking in again starting to fall asleep

a week later an hours job search, but that was fine, 2nd interview waited a good while again, an hours job search, then the interview was bit rushed, done this ready for work thing, which says i am, but ive still got depression and anxiety, which effects my sleep pastern, next hour job search i found out that i could claim back travel as they ever told me that last 2 times i was there

well this week, had the interview, now they want to see you job seekers diary, and she says I should apply for five jobs a week, there is not alot of jobs in the area I stay, I can send letters and cv's out, but i still don't think I be able to apply for 5 jobs

are the condems going to end up privatising the job centre's and let these places take over there jobs, as yesterday when i want to sing on the guy that does the signing on bit said he wasn't a fan off the place im at and he thinks this is going down the road for all jsa staff out on there ear

i have just started this and have to return next week at A4e to be honest the few people that were in there didnt seem to be doing much had a list of questions and came to level 3 i asked is there a 4 "he said no we couldn't cope with that here .number 1 being job ready.there was one unemployed member behind the receptionists desk.the amount of staff/claimants could be counted on on one hand.

i really don't know what to expect from this and to be honest that's not much,its unreasonable to expect you to apply for jobs that just are not there.

you say your on medicines for depression/anxiety,if its more then twelve months more then minor or trivial then the equality act applies,if the bullying starts this can be immediately brought up against them.

well this week, had the interview, now they want to see you job seekers diary, and she says I should apply for five jobs a week, there is not alot of jobs in the area I stay, I can send letters and cv's out, but i still don't think I be able to apply for 5 jobs

The law requires you to apply for a minimum of three jobs per week, so if you applied for just three jobs and was then referred to a Decision Maker for failing to do enough to find work the DM should find in your favour - less than three job applications per week might even be considered acceptable if the job situation in your locale is very bad.

You should, to the best of your ability, try to satisfy your advisor that you are doing all you can to secure work. Nobody at the programme you are on wants to see anyone lose their benefit for failing to satisfy JSA conditions - also I believe it is quite difficult for an Employment Officer (some of those that operate these schemes have that status, I understand) to get you sanctioned when the offence is debatable.

I think very few of these employment programmes offer a great deal, but hasn't that always been the case?

i do what it says on my jsag every week, but applying to five jobs when you haven't got experience or qualifications for certain jobs its hard, I send my CV out and ive applied for jobs that ive no experience in, but it gets harder every week

You can still apply for 5 jobs a week, once u have applied for the jobs you know you can do, bump up the number a bit by applying for jobs you know you cant do, the only criteria is to apply for jobs, doesnt say you cant apply for jobs you are not qualified/experienced for, play therm at their own game. I'm not saying this for people to avaid getting a job, just to bump up the number a bit AFTER you have applied for the jobs you're capable of doing, because some weeks it's impossible to meet the criteria.

I've been told that I cant just put "no suitable vacancies" anymore, but I also have to put an example of a vacancy I could not apply for, which is ridiculous, because I end up putting stuff like "not a qualified doctor"/"not a qualified teacher" ect. Has anyone else been told they have to do this?

The providers will be setting up agreements with you as a job seeker and as they want to get you into work so that they can claim their bonus payments they will endeavour to push you to apply for as many jobs as they can. You will still have to show that you are applying for a minimum to satisfy the signing team at the jobcentres as per your current JSAg. If you fail to seek the minimum number of jobs on either of the arrangements you can be referred for a sanction by either party.

You can still apply for 5 jobs a week, once u have applied for the jobs you know you can do, bump up the number a bit by applying for jobs you know you cant do, the only criteria is to apply for jobs, doesnt say you cant apply for jobs you are not qualified/experienced for, play therm at their own game. I'm not saying this for people to avaid getting a job, just to bump up the number a bit AFTER you have applied for the jobs you're capable of doing, because some weeks it's impossible to meet the criteria.

I've been told that I cant just put "no suitable vacancies" anymore, but I also have to put an example of a vacancy I could not apply for, which is ridiculous, because I end up putting stuff like "not a qualified doctor"/"not a qualified teacher" ect. Has anyone else been told they have to do this?

really this is getting more foolish by the day,they know there's little out there competition is great and as the whisleblower stated its easier to stop someones money.

those disabled often have a struggle as it is just filling in the paperwork to satisfy the job centre,something that a non disabled person would struggle.what we then see is the equality act passed off as being treated equally,however this is not the case.

anyone who has a health complaint made worse by stupid behavior has an substantial appeal case.they have tied themselves in an knot with their benefits system the jobcentre asking are you well enough,atos saying the opposite.its phishing for sanctions and the work programme heading for doom

were told "as the economy moves from recession to recovery" much the same as the 1992 infamous "green shoots of recovery" its not happening.even then the astonishing claim was made "unemployment" is a price worth paying.

The "no suitable vacancies" is not accepted by providers now as when you are referred to the work programme you have been unemployed for approx 1 year unless you qualify for the early entry prior to a year and at that stage you are expected to apply for any job that you are capable of doing.

There is now new guidance for the interention signing staff to follow when interviewing work programme clients, I haven't had an opportunity to read through the guidance fully.

i have gone for a job as an estate agent before to bump up the numbers,i can't see this working who decides what you can do and cannot?,certainly the person signing cannot make that decision.the jobseekers agreement is still in place and going for jobs you haven't had any experience in means your going to get turned down.

by all means go/apply, you can apply for an astronaut but getting it is another story.and don't be surprised with the end result.

the best thing to do in these places is keep quite,if anything is said against you keep a note of what was said and when for later use.

were told "as the economy moves from recession to recovery" much the same as the 1992 infamous "green shoots of recovery" its not happening.even then the astonishing claim was made "unemployment" is a price worth paying.

The rumour this quarter is that growth will be near to zero, with some risk of it actually being negative. There is no recovery.

The "no suitable vacancies" is not accepted by providers now as when you are referred to the work programme you have been unemployed for approx 1 year unless you qualify for the early entry prior to a year and at that stage you are expected to apply for any job that you are capable of doing.

There is now new guidance for the interention signing staff to follow when interviewing work programme clients, I haven't had an opportunity to read through the guidance fully.

I have only been unemployed since Feb/March this year, and I'm not even on the work programme, so why am I not allowed to just put "no suitable vacancies"?

You need to give reason why there were no suitable vacancies. Anyone can say there was nothing suitable. If JCP were to check, it could be there was a vacancy that matched your JSAG but possibly you don't have a particular skill or qualification that matches the job description.

I am constantly amazed that people continue to provide a poor job search diary, then bitch and moan when they are referred to a decision maker and consequently incur a sanction. Undertake just the minimum of activities required and no doubt you will take longer to find employment, then someone who far exceeds the amount required.

this highlights the treatment of the unemployed "are you stupid".those referred to the work programme are asked do you eat healthily,are you registered with a doctor/dentist and a number of intrusive personal questions that have nothing to do with them and breach the equality act.

no doubt bankers were not asked these.