1st Credit contacting family members over MY debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon to one and all :-)

Just a quick question but where do I stand with 1st Credit and them contacting my mother and father regarding a debt I have with them.

The story goes like this :

A couple of years back me and my wife took a loan out with CITI Financial. Unforeseen circumstances meant I fell behind on a couple of payments and now they have passed on or sold on the debt to 1st Credit.

They originally started to send out letters to my mothers house even though they do have my address on their account.

I contacted them via email to tell them where I lived and that in future all corrospondence is to be made to my current address and any other letters or visits or telephone calls to my mothers or any other family member will be taken as harrassment.

They started to communicate via email and even though we told them we are dealing with the CAB they still bombarded me with many emails per week.

Now they have resorted to again, phoning my mothers house asking for me!

What gives?

Whilst I will willingly hold my hand up here and admit I do have a debt I dont take kindly to being bullied by these monkeys.

Do I have a legitimate complaint I could use against them?

As I have said, they DO have the correct details on file regarding where I live so why are they going through my family? If they think I will feel `embarressed` into contacting them via phone they are mistaken!

Any help or info/advice would be much appreciated.

Yep thats what Im now planning :-)

Whilst Im back here, they havent discussed what they are phoning about with my family BUT the letters they have sent do contain reference numbers/amounts etc which could easily be read by family if they accidently open them.

Isnt this some form of breach under the Data Protection Act or something? Im only guessing here lol

Complain to the OFT.ICO (data protection) and consumer direct who will also

contact Trading standards and the OFT.

tell ISt Credit deal in writing by post only, no phone calls or e-mails,

send the 1st credit letter FAO The Compliance Manager.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

bet its barred too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They started to communicate via email and even though we told them we are dealing with the CAB they still bombarded me with many emails per week.

Now they have resorted to again, phoning my mothers house asking for me!

What gives?

Whilst I will willingly hold my hand up here and admit I do have a debt I dont take kindly to being bullied by these monkeys.

Speaking as someone who used to work in one of those places, I've seen people use this tactic before. Both me and my folks would sometimes get a phone call or two from Student Loans when they were chasing my sister for money.

Doesn't make it alright though, complain... and as loud as you can!

Definate complaint to OFT. Ist Credit have been under an official warning from OFT to improve their 'behaviour' since last year. They must be getting a bit complacent.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Just an update.

Logged a complaint with OFT today - no one else as of yet - but 1st Credit have again called my family just before 5.00pm tonight.

This time they said they where calling on behalf of 1st Credit , which they didnt do yesterday.

My father again told them I dont live there.

I have now used an harrassment template letter from here which Im sending out tomorrow.

I just dont see what 1st Credit expect to get from contacting family members? My family know what its regarding and Im not ashamed to tell them so if 1st Credit think I will cave in and submit to all their intimidating tactics because they hope I will feel embarressed then they are going to be very disappointed lol