style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And we know which option they prefer don't we The whole situation is bent, corrupt and shot full of holes, and sadly the councils and others who use these bailiffs feign ignorance of THEIR ultimate liability for any illegal or blatantly criminal action by their agent, including possible corporate manslaughter if someone drops dead on the doorstep with a heart attack when confronted by an inflated fee.

Edited by brassnecked

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Excellent!

But dare I say, regarding the following, that bailiffs push it so far that they don't bother making the visits to inform the debtor, and rely on 'your word against mine'

.....Option 2:

The bailiff company send out their agents, who waste no time in actually knocking on the doors or talking to anyone, and simply slip a letter through the letterbox informing the debtor of the visit.

Because of time saved, they can make say 50 such visits in a day. INTERIM FEES TO COMPANY (50 x £24.50): £1225.

THEN, 7 days later they visit each premise again, again not actually knocking, but simply slipping letters through each letterbox.

This time they may also make a quick scan of the locale, and choose a nearby vehicle, note it's reg and mark it down on a levy form.

INTERIM FEES TO COMPANY (50 X £18 FOR 2ND VISIT + 50 X £29.50 FOR A LEVY FEE): £900 + £1475 = £2357....

...... actually, your probably quite right.

You can only prove you received something, not that you didn't receive something.

ie: If it were the case that that you had to prove you'd got a letter from someone, you produce the letter.

However, to prove you've not received a letter is impossible.

Now I recall, I did also receive several letters in the post too, and these were actually identical to those hand posted, so I don't recall which were actually which.

They're probably saving themselves even more time, by just posting out the "visit" letters !!

(...or just not bothering at all).

Another bone of contention regards this [problem].... and lets be honest..that is exactly what it is... is that all the letters were nearly identical and generic.

NO mention of the actual sum due at such date, NO mention of what fees were added to date, NO mention of what additional fees would become due.

All the company has done is taken a pile of identical ready printed threatening letters and popped them in the days post to all those on its' current hit-list !!

I'm surprised they haven't outsourced the popping into an envelope bit to a centre in India employing child labour........... I'll bet it's been considered though !!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Ha..... I note that my last post was auto edited by CAG system, putting in the word "problem" were I had put in another word.

Sure you can figure out what that word originally was ?.... (it rhymes with Pram)

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

......You can only prove you received something, not that you didn't receive something.

ie: If it were the case that that you had to prove you'd got a letter from someone, you produce the letter.

However, to prove you've not received a letter is impossible....

This should not deter anyone from bringing it to the attention of the Police, LGO or any other relevant watchdog organisation. Although they are unlikely to take action on the strength of an individual's complaint, their action seems to be triggered when the complaints about a particular firm reach a certain level. For that reason those aggrieved should make the effort to write to the relevant ombudsman.

Can I raise a point in regards to proving a letter hasn't been delivered....

Ever since my recent bailiff problems began, I fitted a cheap USB webcam looking out through the windows above the front door... the camera cost £8, a USB cable long enough would have cost more than the camera so I just made one from a normal USB cable and old wire that we had in the house (it's only 4 coloured wires, so it easy to DIY extend it) and I'm using a free program called "Debut Video Capture" to record it.

You could also create a free account on something like BlogTV and have a live stream if you like too ;) all for £8 for a cam if you don't already have one and a bit of simple wiring.

I have quite a funny vid' of a ninja bailiff tip toeing up the path and slipping a letter through without making a sound (it is actually quite impressive how he done it, the mic in the camera is very good and picks up the faintest noises)

I have since been leaving an empty deoderant can in the letterbox nook on the inside of the door (purely for fun, I just want to see him jump next time he tries his ninja act at 6am and the can bounces off the tiles in the hallway)

As most of us obviously have a PC in the house, there is little reason not to have it IMO.

It will also be useful for when they come knocking threatening to have people put in the stocks or whatever nonsense they feel like spouting that day.

Anyway, I hope this helps somebody get one up on the jumped up little bully boys. *edit* or bully girls, I do believe some of them are of the lady like persuasion (i'm afraid I would need a doctors letter to believe some of the ones I have seen are actual females, they made me feel feminine) :D