Cash Genie nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Shall I just shut my account???

Yes!!

If they have access to your account they will raid it any time there is money in there.

New account, and most likely for security you'll need it to be with a new bank.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok out now. They said there is nothing I can do to protect my account from cash genie apart from shutting it and they won't give me my money back even though I showed them my loan agreement. Any other ideas ?

Go to the police with the agreement. You should have gone there first and then the bank would have had to do something.

You now need to write a complaint to the bank, and copy in your local MP.

And complain to http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk and http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk

Get your local CAB involved as well.

• Confused 1

akania,

Please follow the advice given, the advice sillygirl is giving you is spot on. Go to the police and report it then get onto the bank again and go from there.

I had a similar situation in the past and the same advice worked for me.

Ok sorry I'm not ignoring the advise IRS just because the bank have said that cash genie have put interest on my account and it must be in the terms that I signed thats why the amount is so high blah blah so I have no recourse and I actually owe this money because the interest rate is so high but are you saying that they have committed a crime by taking this money? Sorry to be so dim

Morning everyone

Firstly sorry for my stressed out posts yesterday but i was exactley that :oops:

I guess i was shocked at what they had done, together with what i can only see as entrapment by sending me texts for their sister company purely to get my bank details, And also my bank were so unhelpful yesterday how i didnt tell Lloyds to stick it yesterday is beyond me.

Anyway more positive today. Im going to take the excellent advice given and get myself down to the police station. I have the origional loan agreement stating the amount. The only thing im a little concerned about is will the police say that the intrest is the extra money and i signed up for the fact that if i didnt pay they could take it? Or is this literally a criminal offense?

Then its down to the bank once i get my CRN and then to the CAB. Then write a letter to my local MP.

I have never recieved a defult notice from Cash Genie or any notification that they will take this money and the amount. My last communication with them is an email to Barry Sillence in Feb which he didnt respond to trying to set up a direct debit and an email from Carter Forbes saying if i call them before 21st of June they can reduce the sum owed.

So if someone could just have a look at this post and make sure im doing everything right i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Akania

Bit more positive this morning

Cash Genie did the same to me. I was one a plan to repay £50.00 per month which I was doing. I was down to my last 2 payments and when I checked my bank account I noticed all my money had gone. When I rang the bank they told me that a debit card payment had gone through to cash genie for 375.00 as well as the £50. I rang cash genie and they were very nasty, and said I had applied for a loan with one of their sister companies and they were well within their rights to take this money. They told me I was banned from taken anymore loans with themselves.I have never felt so small in all my life

Just got back from my bank and someone called Pete turvey has called my office looking for me? He's left a number for me to call him back. They took all my wages last week and they are calling me again? I'm feeling so intimidated right now

I feel like I need to report this company to the police again. When my sister called yesterday they were so nasty to her and aggressive and said they were going to report me for fraud or something like that. I actually am feeling threatened and harassed. Surely this isn't allowed by law? I'm in such a fragile state I can't deal with this

Akania, Hi! You will need to refer to the advice Sillygirl has given to you. She is 100% spot on in everything she says. This will not be an immediate thing you can rectify. But, if you follow these steps, it will work out. Unfortunately, companies such as these are relentless. If you follow these steps, then they will have no alternative but to give you back what is owed to you. But you will not get it back unless you do this. Try to remain calm and think about the future, not the here and now. Because it may take some weeks before this plan comes to fruition, but rest assured, it WILL work.

It would be the OFT, and citing the CPUFT. Some like this should work. "I have no doubt that your company fully understands my situation and will adhere to Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Act whilst I am trying to arrange repayment of the loan with yourselves, and throughout the duration of any repayment period. I am fully aware of the OFT debt collection Guidance and I will consider making a complaint about a company's behaviour under the guidance if it becomes apparent that you do not follow the legal guidelines and would have no other alternative than to seek legal advice" Sent via email or hand written letter.

Hi, I feel your pain and sympathise with you. I have had exactly the same thing happen to me yesterday with Speed E-Loans. Please see below:

I have had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with Speed E-Loans.com with an outstanding loan. Had some financial difficulties and a couple of weeks ago they phoned and we agreed a repayment plan of £25 per month, which would be debited from my credit card. To ensure my security I asked them to put this in writing, stating that they were only authorised to debit £25, to which they agreed and sent me an email detailing the new agreement.

However, yesterday, they debited my card for £25 in the morning. Then at 2.50pm yesterday they debited the rest of the outstanding balance of £563.20. Phoned them straight away but no answer. Phoned my bank (RBS) who put me through to the Visa Debit Card claim back department. They said they can only start the claim back once the money has been received by Speed E-Loans, at present it is in a PENDING stage at their bank. However, they did say due to the fact that I have written confirmation that they should only debit £25, there wouldn’t be any issue getting the money back.

Spoke to Speed E-Loans this morning, they took my details and said someone would call back. They didn’t call back, just received an email saying the following:

Dear Mr Cooper

I understand that you have contacted the office today with regards to payment received on your account.

On review of your account we can see that the account has been overdue from August 2010

Payment has been collected in line with our terms and conditions and your account is now settled in full.

Speedeloans.com considers this complaint now closed.

Thank you for using Speedeloans.com

I phoned them back but they refuse to admit liability for debiting my account for the unauthorised amount. Phoned RBS again and they said to phone tomorrow as the funds will have been funded to Speed E loans account by then and they can start the claim process.

Has anybody else had this sort of problem and am I within my rights to get the money back as I have written confirmation that they could only debit £25?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

If you have any advice to help it would be great. Don’t let them get to you, we haven’t done anything wrong, apart from going to them in the first place. Good luck.

I have just spoken to Pete turvey. I was terrified about calling but thought I best get it out of the way as my nerves can't take anymore. He was so nice to me I was nearlly in tears. He has taken all the charges off bar 35 pound so mow all I owe is 285 not 1285 plus he's giving me all my money back and then asked me what my son and I liked to eat as he was going to put extra in for a take away!!!!! I am so shocked and over the moon and so relieved!!!! I can't belive it!!!

Oh and I can pay 25 per month. I have been so scared I felt sick over this. Thankyou so much everyone for your help and even though this will infuriate some people thank you Pete :)

Did you get this in wirting? Make sure you get it in writing Akania! But well done to everyone especially Sillygirl for her great advice! BUT please make sure you get this in writing from them! Good luck and glad it has gone ok!

Moneys back :) am speaking to a lady to set up a payment plan tomorrow and even got another 50 for a takeaway ! once again thanks everyone, think I may have lost the plot without you all xxx