Direct Golf - Damaged Item

mau_juaquez
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I was hoping someone could help clarify what my rights are with the following:

On the 14th May I ordered a golf club from direct golf. This was a top of the range Taylormade R11.

The item was delivered on 19th May.

I used it a few times at the driving range and course but noticed that the sole of the club had got damaged by contact with a tee peg (sole plate had a dent in it), big design flaw if this going to be a regular fault!

I emailed Direct Golf (28th May) who said I can only get it repaired as it had been used and they came and collected it on 31st May to return it to Taylormade.

The club should be a very easy fix as it is damage to a replaceable part only.

On Thursday (16 June) I had a phone call from Direct Golf saying that it will still be a couple of weeks.

I was wondering could I demand a refund as I am not happy with the quality of the item which you can only find out by using a golf club!

If I cant demand a refund yet, at what point would I be able to? I dont want an exchange of the same model but would be happy to exchange for another club.

I am unsure on how consumer law applies to a 'used' item and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

MJ