Dvla records showing Insurance fraud

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm in need of some help/answers/feedback.

I'll keep it short and reply to any questions for further info.

Basically.....I had to buy and sell a car in the space of a couple of months due to an unexpected change of jobs. No problem there

Almost 2 years on I have had a county court summons from the guy I sold the car to.

Basically I bought the car then 2 days later the previous owner reported it stolen and the insurance paid out. Because the car changed hands so quickly the insurance company never managed to get in touch with me for my side of the story (which is what caused them to pay out) but eventually caught up with the guy I sold the car to and took it off him (which was slightly stupid on his behalf).

Now the guy I sold the car to has lost the car and evidently his money which is a horrible thought and wants me to refund him which is why he is taking legal action.

I've sent off to the DVLA for the records of when I bought it so I can show I owned the car when it was stolen and it wasn't me that reported it stolen.

Any help of anything extra I should be doing or opnions on what you would do and where I stand would be much appreciated. Its a far bit of money involved which always makes it that much worse.

If the guy had called me I could have got the records and I think it would of then been upto Tesco to get their fraudulent claim back

Thanks!!

Are the police involved?

Did you not get a receipt for payment when you bought the car, this would have the date on it? and be signed by seller?

Hi, yes the police were involved because before going through the courts the present owner called the police who investigated and said all records show I owned it before it was reported stolen and it seems to be an insurance fraud.

Ive sent off for a copy of the incident log and I will print off a bank statement (thanks for mentioning it) to show when the funds were transfered.