claim form for 9,000 for wifes credit card from 2004 - no NOA? *sorted under a TOmlin Order*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

I paid a regular monthly payment to a debt collection agencies solicitor but instead of £15 by direct transfer from my bank my fat fingers keyed in £156.

I'm torn between contacting them and asking for the money back and risking a new financial assessment or keeping quiet and taking the hit.

The payment (and overdue review date) is the subject of a Tomlin order, so no real wriggle room.

What is peoples opinion apart from I have been rather careless?

explain to them the issue you have made, explain the hardship it will cause you and ask them how they are going to reimburse you and when. You should also have the opportunity to claw back the money via your banks system to recover amounts paid in error

My first port of call was the bank.

Even though I called up on the lunchtime of the day the transfer took place as the payment had been

(joyously, no doubt) accepted by the recipients bank there was nothing they could do.

I'm torn between telling the solicitors and them creating a bit of a fuss or lying low and biting the bullet.

At the moment I'm biting the bullet,. :roll:

IMHO it would be a bad idea to let this go

- if the recipient is monitoring the account they will realise that your account was good for £156 this month

and may be hoping to increase future payments by varying the Tomlin order.

Contacting them to advise of an overpayment which has disadvantaged your other creditors

and/or cause hardship would be the route I would suggest

Given that there is a Tomlin order in place,

any refusal to refund the overpaid amount would not look good on their part.

• dx100uk changed the title to claim form for 9,000 for wifes credit card from 2004 - no NOA? *sorted under a TOmlin Order*