esa medical

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi just recevieved the dreaded form to fill in for my esa medical i have been on ib for 5 years after i was seriosly assaulted i have low mood anxiety and memory impairment ptsd due to brain injury also nerve damage my hands go numb and i get stabbing shock feeling all over my body everone that i have spoken to says atos will say im fit to work .im so nervous about the medical can anyone tell me about what happens at medical thanks

Hello there, welcome to the forum.

This cropped up the other day, ESA50 or IB50 that is, and there were replies on that thread. As people here have found out, filling the form in as well as you can is important, so take your time over it and ask for advice here.

Leemack has a sticky all about the 'medicals', well worth a read. And if Atos do find you fit for work, we have experience of that too and may need to help you through the appeal and tribunal process.

I hope you'll have some more replies over the day.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

glen,

don't be nervous about the "medical" just expect to fail and score zero points, you might get a result but sadly this is become less likely.

Just don't get disheartened and lodge an appeal if you do fail.

Do you see a Dr about your problems currently?

yes i see the doctor every month for my medication iam on 600mg pregabalin for nerve damage.600mg lodine painkiller.45mg mirtazapine anti depressive.300mg quinine for mustle cramps.adeal tabs for vitamin d also 2 inhalers for asthma ihave seen a neoroligist for nerve damage he said i have a trapped nerve in arm and neck .i have been waiting to get my nerves measured for about a year now .also phycitrist says he cant do nothing for me as he thinks i have brain damage

It's very important that you fill out the ESA50 correctly. I have some thorough guides on my PC that I am willing to email to anyone.

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.