Athena Parkinging ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I have been reading all the posts on here and glad that I found it!A few weeks ago I received a ticket/invoice from Athena and I appealed to them (before I found this site) and the response was similar to all stated on here. Please send receipts from that purchase and previous purchases. I responded saying that I didn't have any as I was happy with my purchases and they declined my appeal. The full fine of £90 is now due tmrw and I'm at a lost as to whether I should pay this or not?Please advise!

Don't pay it!! They'll send you some more nasty letters but that is as far as it will ever go.

Athena do not ever do court and even if they did, they wouldn't be able to sue you for any money as it was a free car park.

Total jokers, just ignore whatever they send you, they'll eventually go away.

DO NOT PAY. DO NOT RESPOND TO ANYTHING they send you again. Go completely silent. They WILL NOT take you to court. THEY WILL threaten to take you to court. You owe them diddly squat. Do not worry or give it another thought. It is about as genuine as that fridge spotted on the moon.

DO NOT PAY. DO NOT RESPOND TO ANYTHING they send you again. Go completely silent. They WILL NOT take you to court. THEY WILL threaten to take you to court. You owe them diddly squat. Do not worry or give it another thought. It is about as genuine as that fridge spotted on the moon.

Thank you for your advice I will do this! I like your comment about the fridge, very funny!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there. I doubt if the guys' advice will have changed. Does the final [begging] letter say they will, or more likely they can/could/may take a certain course of action?

I expect the guys will be along when they can to advise you more.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

They have stated in the reminder "failure to pay the parking charge within the time period described may result in athena anpr ltd transferring your case to a debt collection company where additional costs could be incurred."

This is what they rely on.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You know that and I know that. The [problematic] hope you don't and when court papers drop on your door step you going running with your cheque book and pay.

Many people have been issued with court papers. And because being wet behind the ears. Pay up without a defence.

Don't under estimate the [problematic]

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

• 1 month later...

Does it say they "WILL" or does it say they "MAY" issue you with court papers?

Even if they do start a claim in the court they have to win that claim before they get any money off you , and they know that the chances of them wining the claim are NIL and that is why they will not take you to court. It cost them very little to send you a letter full of threats saying this will happen or that will happen. But it cost them a lot of money to actualy take you to court and they know their claim will fail if defended.

hello all:-)

Proverbially timmy two fingers them.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

I notice in your post #6 of the 14th June you state that you had a FINAL REMINDER before they take it further. It is now the 19th July and they still have not taken it any further. What does that tell you about them?

hello all:-)

Does it say they "WILL" or does it say they "MAY" issue you with court papers?

Even if they do start a claim in the court they have to win that claim before they get any money off you , and they know that the chances of them wining the claim are NIL and that is why they will not take you to court. It cost them very little to send you a letter full of threats saying this will happen or that will happen. But it cost them a lot of money to actualy take you to court and they know their claim will fail if defended.

the letter says they may start without further reference to me.....

I'll leave it for now then! Thanx!

no,dont leave it for now?,,leave it for good,,this is the way these cowboys operate, scaremongering/frightening/harassment,,do not worry, as you now know ,nothing can/will happen.relax and get on with your life without concerning yourself about this ,come back for reassurance anytime.