Lowell portfolio letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.I have been fighting off Bryan Carter for some while now,for a supposed debt to o2.

I recently wrote back to them stating i wanted original proof of the debt.

I dont think they had this,and advised me they would be in touch/and or return the debt to lowell portfolio. A Triumph for me i thought! but no.. iInow have these lowell people writing to me.

I have enclosed the letter as it seemed the easiest way to explain it.

What i would like to know is-Can i use the same tack with these people and ask for original proof of the debt,

I really think they are just trying it on and i want to beat them so baaaddd!!

MANY THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

REGARDS. S[ATTACH=CONFIG]27872[/ATTACH]

Edited by ksdawg
Addition of file

Please delete the attatchment as it contains personally identifiable details.

open it in paint and use that to paint over the details, Reference numbers, names, any numbers along the edge of the letter etc.

Once you have done that save it as a .jpg file and the download this FREE pdf converter

http://www.dopdf.com/

It works as a kind of virtual printer and will change the image file to a pdf to put up on here.

B

Any mods on here? Please could you read post #2 and relocate this to the debt collection industry forums where ksdawg will get the help needed.

Edited by bernardski
additional info

Ok perhaps try typing word for word just leaving out account / reference no's etc.

In ref to your post on Astronomyphilly's thread

Firstly just be aware lowlifes will try any number of tricks to try and convince you to contact them, this is important, this is your last chance, this is your very last chance, the worlds going to end via a swarm of locusts if you dont contact us about a payment.... blah, blah, blah! Basically a load of dribble hoping your gullible enough to pick up the phone and make contact!

GOLDEN RULE - NO PHONE CONTACT - EVER! (They will try there utmost to trick you into acknowledging the so called debt)

Service agreement, really? Just exactly who are they trying to fool with this? If it is regarding a pay monthly phone then of course its a credit agreement, if you so wished the you could get a £2 statutory credit report from Experian or the like and it will show your credit accounts for the last 6 Years, if this is on it then its a credit agreement and you will then also have evidence of this.

Who owns this debt?

Have you received a notice of assignment from the original creditor?

B

wow,just read your post...i have experian but have not looked that far back

no notice of assignment from anybody? i presumed lowell "owned" the debt regards s

Sadly its not always that clear, never presume they own it as they do collections for other companies as well as purchasing debt from them.

You need to post up as much information as you can,

any and all letters regarding this matter (minus the personal details but keeping dates and amounts) this will allow others to help you if they know as much as possible

Reason for debt - Communications Account

Original creditor - o2

Current owner of debt?

Dates this refers to, default / last payment made / last time debt was acknowledged etc

Have you received a Notice of assignment and yearly statements of account?

Seems a lot but the more that people know the better advice they can offer to you

B

Not at all if you are querying alleged debt, try this as a possible letter to them.

Dear Sirs,

Account No:

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself. I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive / and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and / or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical / psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question and await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

IMPORTANT - PRINTED NAME ONLY DO NOT SIGN

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27875[/ATTACH] CPUTR 2008

oft664.pdf OFT 664 debt collection guidance

Edited by bernardski
additional info

Your welcome i hope i have been of some help, dont let these guys bully you.

There are a lot of people on here who have a lot of experience dealing with lowlifes and company and im sure it wont be long before they come along with some sound advice.

B

hey,you,ve been more than helpful,you really know your ****.

dont underestimate the level of your knowledge

its greater than you think.

best regards

s

Good ole Lowlifes and their infamous mobile phone contracts!

Send them the "no debt acknowledged" letter, do NOT speak to their puerile phone drones over the dog & bone, keep EVERYTHING in writing, maintain a diary of events, especially regards to their telephone harassment, this will enable you to make a formal complaint to the Police about the criminal offence of harassment.

The letter they have sent you, is simply a computer generated response, it has had no human input less for the Postie pushing it through your letter box.

I very strongly doubt that it was lowlifes themselves who supplied you with any information OR documentation, as they WILL NOT be the owners of this alleged debt.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

Agree with Boo on this.

Have a read of some of the threads on LowLife and see what type of skullduggery they get up to.

If they own the debt you should have received a notice of assignment. Basically a "goodbye" letter from the original creditor and a "Hello" letter from the new owner.

Proceed as advised above and you will be OK

ims

• 2 weeks later...

hi,no history other than that i have stated

i,m now receiving texts from a company named" red " and presume these are all linked.

lowell have even found my email address and contacted me that way with much the same demands as in there letter.

i shall write to them tonight using the no debt acknowledged approach and see what responce i get back.

i,d just like to add what a great site this is and and thanks to all the kind people who have responded to me.

i,m now receiving texts from a company named" red " and presume these are all linked. Yes keep a diary of each text they send you and report them to the OFT&TS and FOS.

lowell have even found my email address and contacted me that way with much the same demands as in there letter. Mark it as spam and it will go into your junk folder.

OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

FOS http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Cerberusalert :-)

Just investigated further why the full name was coming up on hover.....it's originating from the orange rectangles used to hide text. Whatever programme the op used for this (please tell us! Not photoshop, some office sticky notes app?) inserts the owners name. If you right click you get a pop up note with authors name on.

So, the op needs to completely re-edit in a different programme.

Elsa x

hi thanks for the info.just got home and found a letter,this time, from red stating they have been asked by lowell to collect the supposed debt.they even state on the letter that they are an arm of lowell portfolio,which doesnt appear to give them a whole lot of credibility really. i sent of the no debt acknowledgment yesterday so i,m sure that will filter through to these red heads. i eagerly await the next installment.