Link chasing Volvo (previously Mazda) finance - now claim form*** Claim Suspended***

Madge67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Madge...sooner if possible because you are using snail mail by completing the N9c...just follow the instructions as provided in the link.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

I apologise in advance if if sound abrupt

i have a lot experience in this field haviing worked in the collections department for a premium brand car manufactuers finance office.

You dont have a defence as such,

you just need to make a payment now!

Have you been provided with a hearing date?

are you able to attend?

The thing in links favour is that its been years since you paid ,

regardless of whether you contacted them or not,

they advised you of there intentions and they gave you sufficient time to pay as you offered,

and you didnt pay anything at all.

I think your best course of action is to decide carefully if the car is worth the money left outstanding?

Good luck with your time order,

not sure if youve sent it yet

but if its turned down you may be liable for court fees in the event of a hearing.

All is not lost though, as long as you attend the hearing and show your ability and desire to pay,

you can ask the court to suspend any court order they make for returning the car.

Word of warning though,

this is called SROG (suspended return of goods order) and if you dont pay exactly as the agreement thats made with court

and your so much as a day late, you are in breach and the car can be recovered immediately.

One strike and your out. Good luck!

Hi Jas,

I think about 2011 or 2012 - it would have been nominal payments though.

I did try to engage with them in writing but they ignored my letters and just kept threatening.

I have letters and P/O recorded delivery receipts to prove it.

I offered them 100.00 pcm at one point which they ignored.

If all looks okay with the paperwork they have sent then the main thing is we want to keep hold of the car and make payments we can afford.

Madge

Hi Jas

Thanks for this, I appreciate your thoughts and sharing your experience. I have sent the time order and told them why we haven't been in contact (I lost my little girl in 2013 so as you can imagine we've had a very traumatic time). I have requested that we can keep the car and make regular payments. I just hope they understand and have some amount of sympathy for our situation.

My hearing is 28th Jan. I get what you are saying about the car being worth what we owe but Link are asking for both the car and the balance.

I'm going to make a payment today - thanks for that advice. I was waiting until they agree or disagree. Naïve of me really

Again thanks for your help

Madge

xx

I think I would agree pay too

if it was NOT link my money was going too

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/news/millionaire-debt-collector-digs-deep-south-Kensington

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Let you be the judge on that one madge, the fact that the owner is a millionaire and wants build a house will have absoulotly nothing to do with your hearing, good luck!

I think I would agree pay too

if it was NOT link my money was going too

dx

• 3 weeks later...

how did you get on today?

Hi Jas

Thanks for this, I appreciate your thoughts and sharing your experience. I have sent the time order and told them why we haven't been in contact (I lost my little girl in 2013 so as you can imagine we've had a very traumatic time). I have requested that we can keep the car and make regular payments. I just hope they understand and have some amount of sympathy for our situation.

My hearing is 28th Jan. I get what you are saying about the car being worth what we owe but Link are asking for both the car and the balance.

I'm going to make a payment today - thanks for that advice. I was waiting until they agree or disagree. Naïve of me really

Again thanks for your help

Madge

xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Just to update you - We got a suspended order so we get to keep the car as long as we keep to the payments we have offered.

What confuses me is that if we fail, they get the car, it doesn't mention anything about the outstanding balance. I'm beginning to think that what Jasmine said about the car being worth what we held some weight

"I think your best course of action is to decide carefully if the car is worth the money left outstanding?"

Not that it makes any difference really, we want to keep the car anyway

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll be making a little donation to this wonderful site to show my appreciation

Madge

xx

Thread title amended..I assume you are happy with the outcome Madge ?

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

how about an sar now to the OC?

anything to reclaim penalty fees - letter/debt management/phone call..fees

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What planet are you on? Why would she waste her time asking for a sar spending another tenner. Link havnt charged her any fees. Just accept the fact after all these years shes got her srog, agreed the money is owed, and started paying for the car she obviously likes. Madge, good luck keeping up with the payments!!

nothing to do with link

the sar goes to the Original creditor

and they

Can we just clarify what madge will gain by doing this at this point fresh out of court having agreed to pay? As if mazda wouldnt have put a clause titled something along the lines of consequnces for late payment in the agreement? What waste of time.. SHES NOT GOING TO GET ANY MONEY BACK

Less of the attacks please. If any penalty charges were levied then they can be reclaimed from the oc. Link and the court action they brought has NOTHING to do with it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

they are an unlawful penalty under fca rules and guidelines

no matter what any t&C's say

they can be reclaimed and challenged.

and a totally sep issue from any court case by anyone.

could be used by the OP to help pay off link

as there must be something up for a big multinational company

to sell a debt off to the biggest fleecers in the business.

sar time

fine toothed comb time

find out why it was sold

hit back.

and they

Alright lets wait and see if madge manages to get any money back for any £25 charges she might have had.

If you think shes going to be able somehow get her debt wiped im sorry but clearly you reside within another atmosphere.

Dont see why she woukd want to hit anyone when she was given finance directly by yhe mazda.

im Sure shes got better things to do. MADGE?

who said wiped?

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I've only just checked back here and seen your posts following on from my last one.

There aren't any charges for us to claim anyway folks - we paid on the dot every month until the agreement ran out.

Then we couldn't afford to hand the car back with the excess amount they were charging

and they wouldn't let us have another agreement with another car.

When it got to link the only charge they popped on was the legal fees of £200.00.

Thanks for raising it though

Madge xx

Many thanks for your response Madge.

Andy