HELP!!! wescot....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, im just looking for a quick bit of advice.

I have a debt owing to wescot credit services of just over £2000. I fully intend to pay it but have been ignoring their letters for the past few weeks. I'm a little scared to phone them incase i cant afford to make the repayments they suggest.

Can anyone suggest what the minimum payment usually is for an amount this large? I can only afford to pay about £50/month. Do u think they will accept this? Could i even offer £20/month??

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

dave

Hello Dave,

Our advice would be DO NOT telephone them, keep all communication in writing, send all letters to them by recorded delivery post.

As for repayments, do yourself a budget sheet.. purely for your own information, then whatever you have left over you should pro rata any unsecured/non priority debts.. such as to Wescot.

I have attached a budget sheet for you.. it does all the calculations for you as well :)

[ATTACH]27676[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

PS, I have also moved your thread to the Debt industry forums :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I suggest you also have a read of Sequenci's debt blogs, which are linked in my signature. :)

BCOBS

Thanks for the advice. I'm just wondering why I should contact them via post instead of by phone?

From everything I have read it just seems to be a way of delaying the repayment process.Is this the only reason for postal correspondence?

Also, if I were to write to them, can they demand a minimum monthly amount, or can I say that all I can afford is £20/month. Do they have to accept what I offer to pay?

Any further advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You only write so they respond in writing, thus you having proof what has been said. These companies will tell you anything over the phone you want them to, only to not stick to the plan made.

Thanks for the advice. I'm just wondering why I should contact them via post instead of by phone?

From everything I have read it just seems to be a way of delaying the repayment process.Is this the only reason for postal correspondence?

Also, if I were to write to them, can they demand a minimum monthly amount, or can I say that all I can afford is £20/month. Do they have to accept what I offer to pay?

Thanks

Contact via post rather than phone because then they cannot intimidate you and make you agree to what you can't afford, As nish said, it also provides a paper trail so that you have in writing what you have offered and what they have accepted.

If it is in writing it can not be disputed by them later, which a phone call can (unless you have recorded it).

Once you have worked out your income, expenditure and the residue, write to them to tell them you can afford to pay them x amount, and will set up a standing order accordingly. As long as you are paying something you are not avoiding the debt. Nobody on here would advise you avoid a debt you genuinely owe. All the advice is to ONLY pay what you owe, and also to pay an amount you can actually afford.

If you are making regular payments and they do take further action, then by writing to them and insisting they only communicate in writing to you you have all the evidence you would need to prove you are willing to pay this debt.

Sarah

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

Have you made sure that they have the legal right to be asking you for money, ie have they produced a NOA, or are they acting on behalf of the original creditor, IMHO by all means due the expenses sheet, but don't go wading in with an offer just yet. You say you have been getting letters, more information as to how old is this debt, when was last payment made, etc. would be a good start.

I'm just wondering why I should contact them via post instead of by phone?

:spy: Rumbled on their second post?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.