Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes I did, in May 2010, their response was:-

Dear Mr ******,

Thank you for your recent email.

Please confirm what it is you are disputing on this account.

We look forward to hearig from you.

Yours sincerely

Cabot

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to remind them of their obligations I think.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

did you check the date the pdf file was created on?

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

You could also reply that upon receipt of their 4/5 year overdue assignment you will then be looking for a copy of the signed agreement(as Brig states put them in dispute) as well.

You have the Assignment letter from Cap1(suspect) check the dates,also did Cap1 put the Account in Default prior to the purported date of their Assignment?

Cabot in their email are not giving you the actual date of the Assignment,just the date they are supposed to have posted the letter,check this upon receipt

Regards FS

if that letter of assignment was a copy of the letter sent to you in 2006 then it still doesnt explain why your address does not appear on it. as looking at the pdf you have posted up i can not see any trace of yourself editing out the address prior to posting it up here.

any assignment would contain your address on it

by the way capital ones logo in 2006 was this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2d9SEwDr9eowecc65CEsE6QCCakFkJ1O6WEG__qOmpjGC7JILAw

interesting piece confirming the logo on the pdf was not used till 2008 souce: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_One

The UK headquarters of Capital One is in Nottingham Trent House, Station Street, England. In 2008 they made several hundred redundancies, This was due to the "Credit Crunch" or better known as the recession, 750 employees were informed in April 2008 and by December 2008 750 employees left the doors for the last time. Capital One Uk then began to outsource their work load to third party companies for cheaper costs, and having implemented new computer software and a new face look (New Brand Logo) would make you assume that they cut those 750 initial jobs to cover the costs.
So proof that that is not a copy of the original notice of assignment sent to you in 2006 Edited by teaboy2

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Lol well i heard their is a lot of former HFO employees down at the job centre this morning desperately looking for new jobs hehehehe.

Lol well i heard their is a lot of former HFO employees down at the job centre this morning desperately looking for new jobs hehehehe.

Well. A number could find themselves in unexpectedly changed financial circumstances and on the other side of the fence...what goes around, comes around folks :whoo:

Totally agree with you there DB - definitely time to complain to the OFT.

Now what smart alec reply can we come up with to their last email.

Urm

Thanks you for your last email, you are correct your email certainly clarified issues surrounding the notice of assignment as being the following:

1 - No Address on the notice of assign, prove that no copy was sent to myself, as it would have my address on it if it was. Also the document is required to be dated which it is not.

2 - No Notice was really every sent to me in 2006 as you claimed

3 - The logo in the supposed copy of the 2006 Notice of Assignment that you emailed to me, contains the new logo for capital one that replaced the old logo in 2008. There the document you refer to as a dated 2006 carries a 2008 brand logo.

Given the above it is clear to me that the document you provided is not a copy of the original notice of assignment but a balant attempting to mislead me in order to make a financial gain from me, which is nothing short of fraud by deception.

Also please explain what has changed since MAY 2010 and NOW as i still have not receieved from yourselves a VALID CCA as per my request in MAY 2010 for which you responded by informing myself that you had no CCA for the alleged account.

Yours Sincerely

Stick it up your backside.

Well. A number could find themselves in unexpectedly changed financial circumstances and on the other side of the fence...what goes around, comes around folks :whoo:

Hmmm i predict a rush of unqualified former debt adviser's that robbed from the poor, trying to come here and seek our help and advice for their own debts now lol

I wonder if the ex employees will come to CAG with moans about their

nasty ex employer.:jaw:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I didn't realise I hadn't noticed any plaintive sob stories.:madgrin:

Some of them, like Bart123 and Lop, are here already!

Where where where???? Point me to them lol

Just to add to cabots photoshop skills, I received a REPRESENTATION of my NoA! They used Barclaycards new logo 2008 when my NoA was dated 2005! Was Created the same date they sent it and took them 1 hour 14 minutes and 30 seconds! lol

Edited by xboxer

Lol oh the wonders of google and acrobat readers properties tab. DCA's are so dumb that they actually think where dumb :lol:

Now i wonder how many CCA they have sent out with logos on that post date the CCA itself?

Just to check and NOT to hijack this thread but what is the legality of a representation of NoA? Is this a case of cabot pushing it with reconstructed CCA's being allowed? Can the account be put into dispute until a copy of the actual NoA appears?

They are not claiming it’s a representation – they say it is a copy.

And no, they cannot issue a representation unless they can prove the format and content was contemporaneous and that it was posted, and state it is a facsimile. The fact that they have lied – yes, lied – about the provenance of the document puts them in a very difficult position. I would say that if they have made up the document itself to create evidence of compliance with the LoP 1925, then all their documents should be called into question, as should all their statements of ‘fact’.

False representation of of notice of assignment which is a notice required under law of properties Act. Therefore it is a formal legal document and as such it must be accurate - So production of a falsified notice of assignment is fraudulent making the notice inaccurate, and therefore does not validate ownership. Which means without an accurate notice of assignment validating their ownership they have no rights to collect on the account.

Michael Woodburn signed that letter. He is now Cap One’s Vice President and UK Chief Operating Officer.

I think you should contact him and ask him if he sent it, pointing out the improbability that he did.

http://www.capitalone.co.uk/aboutus/our-team.jsf

Try michael.woodburn @ capitalone.co.uk, removing the spaces of course.

I’m sure he would not like his company to be associated with such a false document.