Claire Sandiford - at it again (ranting that is)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another wonderful rant from one of our least favourite people - from the pages of Credit Today and apparently said at their Credit Today Summit....

Claire Sandbrook, chief executive of High Court enforcement firm Shergroup, added that the onus should be on politicians to better inform the electorate of their debt obligations.

She said: "There is a failure by politicians to get up and tell the public what will happen if they fail to pay their debts.

"Banks have no credibility with the public, it is the politicians that need to say it so that it is not a shock when bailiffs show up at the door. There is so much work to be done in this area."

Banks, politicians and bailiffs in the same phrase - the unholy three perhaps?

Politicians would be better off ensuring the o ut of control debt industry is made to keep

to the regulations that are in place and thus preventing more cases like that of PinkDawn as we have seen in the

few days.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Claire Sandbrook, chief executive of High Court enforcement firm Shergroup, added that the onus should be on politicians to better inform the electorate of their debt obligations.
Maybe the should start with the finance sector & their ancillaries and remind them of theirs too..... forcibly.

Sorry, was that a bit strong? Of course, I have no knowledge of her oral hygiene situation and withdraw the insinuation that she breathes fire.

But I maintain that she is talking b******s.

These risible articles are the industry's attempts to look like pillars of the community and justify their appalling, non-compliant behaviour by blaming everyone but themselves. WHy do they do it? Because the reality is that politicians are much more likely to take action to curb the excesses of the industry than they are to back it - and that has Ms Sandbrook and her cronies worried. No amount of this sort of drivel can conceal the fact that it's a grubby industry; rotten to the core, someone once called it. Oh yes, he was a politician. You can't polish a turd, Claire, but I suspect you think you can roll it in glitter.

I doubt very much whether any politicians read Cretin Today; it's a laughable industry comic that consists entirely of articles written by or about the companies that subscribe to it, which are the same companies that advertise in it. A classic example of a self-licking lollipop. I doubt it has any credibility whatever outside the industry.

The repellent Ms Sandbrook and the creatures like her must know that supporting the debt industry would be political madness. It is largely offshore-owned, so whilst it may provide a few burger-flipper level jobs, most of the money goes abroad. Then there's all that tax-avoidance that the debt purchasers are involved in. I suspect that the last thing most of the industry head shed want is a noisy clown gobbing off and focussing attention on them.

"Banks have no credibility with the public, it is the politicians that need to say it so that it is not a shock when bailiffslink3.gif show up at the door."

Banks may have no credibility with the public but I still don't think we'll be seeing the Bailiffs rolling up at their door any time soon.:wink:

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

This horrible woman seems to think she is in a 'safe position' in Sherforce (the very name should be banned as it is very aggressive) and they are 'protecting their clients income' by pursuing debtors to the nth degree...

Perhaps somebody could inform her that bailiffs are not the answer to the basic problems of people not paying debt - and the very creditors themselves do nothing but 'inflate' the debt to get their pound of flesh, in some cases with fatal consequences.

I wonder how many MPs & members of the Lords are guaranteed jobs or directorships or even contracts as 'paid' advisors within the Finance Industry + how many are shareholders or who have 'partners' who are?

Or those that lose their seats in General Elections lol

Angela Knight..

From 1987 to 1992 she was Councillor and Chief Whip on Sheffield City Council. She entered Parliament in 1992 as MP for Erewash and was Economic Secretary to the Treasury between 1995 and 1997, when she lost her seat at the General Election.

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They have little knowledge of ''REAL LIFE'' and will keep on their self seeking posturing I'm afraid.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

:lol:

Paul, I didnt know either until I saw it in the Sunday Paper :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

throwing stones in greenhouses come's to mind with that woman... Banks me arse,,,,, did they not have billions written off,,, what planet has she come from. I talk more sense after 2 special smokes than she does with supposedly her faculties in tact!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Talking through the wrong end of her body !!!

Given that she's a politician herself (Tory councillor in Braintree http://www.braintree.gov.uk/Braintree/councildemocracy/Councillors/ClaireSandbrook.htm), is she accusing herself of failure? She certainly doesn't mention much about educating the public on the consequences of not paying debts in her profile! :-)

Given that she's a politician herself (Tory councillor in Braintree http://www.braintree.gov.uk/Braintree/councildemocracy/Councillors/ClaireSandbrook.htm), is she accusing herself of failure? She certainly doesn't mention much about educating the public on the consequences of not paying debts in her profile! :-)

Thank you for posting that link to Ms Sandbrook's page, complete with its rather unfortunate photograph.

Having once been a local councillor, I can say that Ms Sandbrook will have no influence on party policy, and indeed may even become something of an embarrassment.

I am terrified of being in the same county as this witch:sick: