• Tweets

• Its okay - It happens. And this is why DCAs  user every trick in the book to try and make you crack.  Now its time to come back.    Im not sure how to proceed if Im honest if they have issued a Letter Of Claim.  Only as You could complain to Oakbrook and they still proceed with Legal Proceedings, but I dont know if that would help or hinder the legal proceedings if they began down that avenue.  I know a FOS complaint wouldnt stop Legal Action and probably run along side it.  But I guess a judge would view a disputed balance with the original creditor as cause for concern whether the DCA's claim is valid?    A bit of a muddle.     
    • That is superb. To answer your question - Dear Mr Dhaliwal Change the sentence - As our disabilities were ignored and disregarded for the time taken I believe this is discrimination against us ... To - As our disabilities were ignored and disregarded for the time taken I believe this is discrimination against us contrary to the Equality Act 2010. Iceland have always been useless, not only in your case but in others, but I think if they realise they are breaking the law it will encourage them to act. I also think the letter is overlong and you could lose the paragraph - I cannot afford any unfair charges of this kind as I am severely struggling financially. I cannot work and am a carer for my disabled Son who also has a mental and mobility disability. I obviously do not have any disposable income and am in debt with my bills. So its an absolute impossibility for me to pay this incorrect charge - as the main points are made elsewhere.  
    • Hands up in the fact that i have probably F***** *P!!
    • Car Finance Awards celebrates best of the industryView the full article
    • I want to add my 2 cents here...  The purchase of this debt, Perch Group dont absolve themselves of liabilities from the Original Creditor. They should be responsible for dealing with this complaint in response to an Irresponsible Lending dispute.  If the balance is disputed as such in that way - Then they should be referring to the Original Creditor where applicable.    Also if your complaint was written in a way where a template wasnt used or it was rewritten to a similar effect where it wasnt recognisable - Then you probably would have stood a better opportunity at it not getting rebuffed.  To be honest those - Perch and TM Legal are a waste of Oxygen and will say anything to get you to pay.    Ditto on the template. Where did you find it?  Please keep in mind we have to unravel what you have done till now and help build a formal response.     
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ESA changes...?

Quixotic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went to the "work focused interview" which was pointless, had to deal with some arrogant rude patronising woman, which I expected anyway as most of their staff i've dealt with don't know the first thing about customer service and sure as hell wouldn't have lasted in the jobs i've been in, they would have been out the door rather promptly, yet these are the ones who are dealing with sick people......... bit backwards, i've known workers in supermarkets to be a million times more pleasant with more customer service skills, anyway I digress.. slight rant there but i'm reeling from it all! she said there is going to be changes to ESA, I think those in the support group are safe but apparently there's going to be big changes to those in the work focused group, the person basically said they don't think it's going to be a case of how it is now - going to the work focused interview and just having to attend but not being forced into anything, this person was talking about being sent on courses and all sorts but they don't have the exact details as of yet but it's all to do with the government shake up aka pick on the sick as much as possible along with everyone else.

Anyone heard anything about these changes though? the person said something about it starting next month possibly, I was thinking surely they would give people information on this beforehand rather than just sending a letter demanding you go do this and that but then I remembered who I was dealing with!

Really annoys me actually, i'm really convinced they make people more ill :|

I'd be surprised because there's been absolutely no suggestion of this from anywhere else. Given her incompetence, she's probably got the wrong end of the stick!

I think she was probably referring to the Work Programme which is a change but please don't ask me to be more specific as I don't deal with ESA and am only just getting to grips with the changes to JSA.

She seemed pretty certain on it, to be honest I couldn't remember half of what she said as she was like some robot reading a script and I felt like my blood pressure hit sky high after about 3 minutes given her attitude, they talk to people like they are criminals, I felt like saying do you think I want to be here dealing with idiots like yourself, i'm still annoyed from it and this is many hours later. I'm sure she said something about jobseekers too but it was certainly aiming at how contracts are still to be dealt with before the full information of the organisations dealing with it could be told, i'm not even joking but i'm sure she said it would be like jobseekers in a way that if you have to go on a course then you have no choice and I could swear she said something about how it will be merging together with jobseekers who have been out of work for a while and not had any luck with finding a job, I just remember thinking wait a minute... i've recently just had a letter through stating they think i'm sick and been put into the work focused group, how can you be sick and job hunt, that's like saying we may all aswell be on jobseekers then, how the hell can they merge jobseekers and people who have been found sick?!

I suppose common sense and logic go out the window completely with these people, go through all their trials and be found sick BUT they think you can work too, you can either be sick and work or sick and not work, if someones sick there's no two ways about it, baffling.

http://www.disabilityalliance.org/ssacwork.htm

I found this page and i'm a bit confused -

"From April 2011 advisers may require prescribed ESA WRAG customers to undertake work related activity, (in addition to Work Focused Interviews)."

"Customers cannot be required to apply for a job, to undertake work, or to undergo medical or surgical treatment."

"All work-related activities must be recorded in an action plan, together with the timescale for completion and any evidence requirements."

Is that 2nd line not contradictive? and that 3rd line! that sounds like jobseekers to me.

Does anyone know what the terms are for an appeal being sent in later than 28 days? all these bank holidays haven't helped. I also asked the most helpful worker ever (sarcasm) if she could request me a copy of my medical report as I did not get one, she told me I had to ask ATOS, ATOS were asked, guess what, they said ask DWP, I feel like i'm on the magic roundabout when dealing with these people and to top if off, the envelope they give you for sending in an appeal has a 2nd class stamp on it, given that they put time limits on when things have to be sent I just find it hilarious they give you an envelope with that on it!

2nd class envelopes is what we are supposed to prder now to cut costs sorry. You have 1 calender month in which to appeal however if it is received late then reasons can be taken into account such as the bank holidays (this last month has been rather unusual with the number of bank holidays).

What about doctors letters and waiting time for them being a reason? obviously they must know that doctors can't just drop everything and do things there and then.

I'm unaware altogether with appeals to be honest, does all evidence have to be sent with the appeal form or can this be forwarded on? it's to appeal the work focused group as i'm sure I fit descriptors for the support group, I will be seeking CAB advice though.

The question are, what constitutes 'work related activity'? It says people in wrag MAY be referred for work related activity, so under what circumstances? What are the sanctions if they feel you haven't complied?

leemack, I got the impression today it was for everyone put into the work related group that they will be expected to do that at some point, I just find it odd that they have no firm information on it yet are talking jibberish at these silly interviews stating it's to be rolled out from next month, how are they allowed to just post this news to people with no warning, it's shocking.

I found this - its a prospectus, and there's little about what's happening with esa claimants, although in a table part way down it suggests omly income based esa claimants who are within 3 months of return to work (how do they know this?) will be mandatory on the scheme. This is from 2010 though and may well have changed.

There is nothing I could find on the net about how it will work for esa, though tons on jsa. I suspect the details have yet to be ironed out.

I'm just baffled by it all.

The fact is that they can't force you to work or look for work, or do anything contrary to the descriptors you've scored points on - I doubt it will be an issue. The providers are being paid by outcome and will concentrate resources on people willing to make a start towards going back to work.

Not entirely sure I'm following you, Quixotic. However, for an ESA appeal, you don't need to include everything with the GL24 (?) and can forward info at a later date...

Rae

I found this - its a prospectus, and there's little about what's happening with esa claimants, although in a table part way down it suggests omly income based esa claimants who are within 3 months of return to work (how do they know this?) will be mandatory on the scheme. This is from 2010 though and may well have changed.

There is nothing I could find on the net about how it will work for esa, though tons on jsa. I suspect the details have yet to be ironed out.

There was a change in rhetoric 3 months ago with infamous Graling speech in Parliament when he proclaimed people in the WRAG need only a little assistance to become happy happy workers again.

So the Support Groups is for those with no chance but the WRAG are one step from working. Note the change in reporting whereby only the Support Group figures figures are now included as unable to work and the WRAG group are lumped in with everything else.

Same speech he declared that WRAG will be included in the same Workfare schemes as JSA with exactly the same sanctions but now a Job seeker direction can be from a VERBAL Direction issued by a provider of the Workfare scheme.

Now that's a major and very worrying shift in Sanction proof as how can you prove what was said in a conversation?

Mini Digi recorders at the ready folks.