March Against Cuts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't want to get into any political discussions, but I just want to say that I think the march today is brilliant and I'm thrilled to see such an excellent turnout.

I know after 5 years on CAG just how difficult it is to mobilise people, so well done to the TUC for rallying their members and others to take action. Wish I could have been there myself but a prior engagement prevented this.

I am emailing my MP to add my support to the marchers.:-D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think they must all be marching Caro !!

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hope so Lex,lol.

The only annoying part is that a few idiots used the rally as an excuse to cause trouble, but all in all I think the day was a great success and will hopefully show the government the strength of feeling against the cuts. How can it possibly help the economy to put people out of work?

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

How can it possibly help the economy to put people out of work?

That seems to be the Tories answer to most things, Thatcher and the miners for example.

(Gets off his soapbox quick :x)

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

That seems to be the Tories answer to most things, Thatcher and the miners for example.

Does feel rather like history repeating itself. :-(

(Move the soapbox or I'll be on it!:x)

(Move the soapbox or I'll be on it!:evil:)

:-o

&

Yes, it's a pity really that Gordon Brown didn't win the last election, then he could have dealt with things like this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8408774/Labour-left-taxpayer-60billion-bill-for-new-hospitals.html and we would all be living in pink fluffy cloud land without a care in the world.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Think there was a lot of Scots down for the Brazil v Scotland game, helped swell the numbers.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Scargill and the Miners had nothing to do with the pit closures of course and their peaceful protests were the perfect example of how to conduct industrial/politically-motivated strike action: http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/may/16/newsid_2512000/2512469.stm

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Double posting - don't know what happened there.

Think there was a lot of Scots down for the Brazil v Scotland game, helped swell the numbers.

Surely that's a bit of a slur on the Scottish wendyball supporters. Even those carrying the bananas.

Something odd going on here. Another duplicate post.

i was chatting to a copper from wales

given the choice he said he would be part of the demo

i got as far as downing street before i had to retire to catch the coach at battersea power station

great family day out

Yes, it's a pity really that Gordon Brown didn't win the last election, then he could have dealt with things like this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8408774/Labour-left-taxpayer-60billion-bill-for-new-hospitals.html and we would all be living in pink fluffy cloud land without a care in the world.

OMG how awful. All those people getting their operations so much quicker, easing their suffering and making them more able to work and fend for themselves instead of being off sick and a drain on the taxpayer. What WERE Labour thinking of!!

No worries about that happening now I guess.:roll:

Don't remind me Termi. We were struggling before the 15% rate, but that and the recession in the early '90's under the tories just about finished us off. Because my husband started his own business in the building trade, but couldn't get work we couldn't get any money to live on.

He'd been working in the motor parts industry for 13 years but was made redundant because our car industry was going down the pan. It was the Christmas just after our eldest was born - and the redundancy money was used to set up in business.

Sorry Fred, you're entitled to your opinions, but my memories of previous tory governments are of nightmare years. I don't see it being any better this time round.

I have been expecting civil unrest for quite some time now. I predicted rioting over two years ago. Although i dont condone any sort of violence, im afraid that violence is part of the problem itself. There is so much underlying unhappiness in our society, that something, somewhere has to give.

We all know the problems,

Unemployment, forever rising cost of living, no social housing, massive unsustainable immigration, the E.U. our eternal interference in other countries conflicts, and the massive bill that goes with it. The list is endless and please add to it.

And then of course there are, and always has been, politicians who dont have a clue about the " real world ". Now all we hear is, we understand its hurting, but we have to do it. Bull**** IMHO opinion, the severity of such savage cuts will just lead to more civil unrest, and the bill that goes with policing it.

Im afraid this might be, just the beginning.

I believe that the rioters were in the minority and their acts overshadowed what was otherwise a good day.

I see Vince Cable said that demonstrating wouldn't have an effect yesterday, but today money has been "found" for a replacement for the EMA's which were being protested about last year, and it made a difference with the poll tax too all those years ago (although some were better off with that).

testing

OMG how awful. All those people getting their operations so much quicker, easing their suffering and making them more able to work and fend for themselves instead of being off sick and a drain on the taxpayer. What WERE Labour thinking of!!

No worries about that happening now I guess.:roll:

But it has to be paid for Caro and now, only now, we can see how much it is all going to cost. 65 BILLION!!! This has nothing to do with the 'world-wide credit crunch' and everything to do with Brown's diabolical management of the economy over the 13 years he spent in power. I struggle to understand how anyone can think this is a good thing to be honest. I'm quite certain that those very people whose suffering you want to ease could have been treated at a fraction of the cost in the private sector, but let's not let efficiency get in the way of some vote-winning policies. Now we all have to pick up the tab.

Don't remind me Termi. We were struggling before the 15% rate, but that and the recession in the early '90's under the tories just about finished us off. Because my husband started his own business in the building trade, but couldn't get work we couldn't get any money to live on.

He'd been working in the motor parts industry for 13 years but was made redundant because our car industry was going down the pan. It was the Christmas just after our eldest was born - and the redundancy money was used to set up in business.

Sorry Fred, you're entitled to your opinions, but my memories of previous tory governments are of nightmare years. I don't see it being any better this time round.

Happily for Brown we'll never get to know how he would have dealt with the mess that he created. I suspect that if by some miracle he had been re-elected there would have come a point where reality set in and things would not have been too much different to the current situation. As it is, the Wallace and Gromit man can sit back and let somebody else clean up the mess created by his own party with a view to starting off on a sound financial footing before buggering up the economy once again. My memories of Labour governments are none too rosy either - hyper inflation, strikes, unburied bodies etc. etc. We all have selective memories.

If the banks had adheared to the Banking Practise Code in this Country and saved money for a rainy day,just like they preach to us, they would have had a buffer instead of asking for money from the Public purse.

If you approach the Private Sector for medical cover with a pre condition they don't exactly welcome you with open arms, only at a very large price. As it stands if you have complications whilst being treated in the Private Sector they more often than not get you moved to the NHS for treatment, i.e premature babies, cancer, the list goes on.