get free calls and dont want to call the 0845???

jodyperry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I get free calls on my landline and my mobile but each month was getting charged for ringing the bank/ credit card because its a local rate number. I cottoned on to calling the "ring from abroad" number which is usually printed on the back of your card. You are now ringing a normal land line!!!

HSBC - 11/9/06 - prem letter sent

19/9/06 - lba sent £3391 requested

5/10/06 - MCOL

17/10/06 - offer for £1600 on one account recieved

28/11/06 - Full offer recieved

Capital one - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent for £640

Lloyds TSB - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent fro £732

Lloyds TSB - 26/9/06 - prem letter sent - £391

The other option is to go to SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers and input the 0845/0870 number there, and in most cases an alternative landline number will be provided.

Just logged onto that site and guess what I saw - loads of adverts to get 0870, 0845, etc numbers.

LMFAO

I used to be a dummy, stuffed full of straw and standing in the field of life. And like the straw-filled dummy I was I accepted my lot in life and carried on, tied to a stake in the miserable field of depression as the elements beat me day and night. But there came a time when the elements had gone too far and the string holding me to the stake fell rotten to the ground. The elements had tried to beat me, but instead had set me free!

that would be like this site advertising a bank!! lol

• Confused 1

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

Just a random thought but can you insist that they provide a normal geographic number rather than a 0845 or 0870 number?

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Yes you can insist that they provide you with a geographical number.

Unfortunately the Indian call centres say we dont have any other number which is a load of .....................

Alternatively, don't phone them and use your internet banking for your bank and credit card accounts, as you can send them secure messages.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HUSBANDKHAN

hi

i have been doing this for yonks and yonks. use the international access number they provide for customers abroad. like barclaycard us 0870*******.as a customer service number. why not ring them on

01604230230 local and also free. the message you recieve says welcome to lost and stolen but infact its the same dept as customer services. they sit next to each other

There is the other option. get one of the free 0870 numbers adverised on web on top of your own line. Give this out to the banks, loan companies and the like but your usual number to friends.

When the companies call its they who are paying the national rate number and you will get up to 1.5p per min. When they do call and ask for you just say you will check if they are in, put them on hold for about 5 mins then pick the phone up again and say you will just transfer them then cut them off.

How many times has this happened to you when you call them.

lol seriously can u get these numbers for free?

HSBC - 11/9/06 - prem letter sent

19/9/06 - lba sent £3391 requested

5/10/06 - MCOL

17/10/06 - offer for £1600 on one account recieved

28/11/06 - Full offer recieved

Capital one - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent for £640

Lloyds TSB - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent fro £732

Lloyds TSB - 26/9/06 - prem letter sent - £391

lol seriously can u get these numbers for free?

Absolutely - I use Flextel (FleXible Telecoms™ - Free personal & business non-geographic phone numbers) the number is free, and you get around 1p/min credited to you for each incoming call. You simply set up the automated divert from the 0870 number to the telephone number you want to answer your calls. I've made £35 so far!

• Confused 1

They are free. I have one. I only give it to companies that use them themselves, and get 1.5p per min when they phone me. Strangly the calls seem to have dried up all by themselves ;-)

If they don't use them, then neither do I.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------