Urgent Helpneded- UKPC parking charge for parking in Family First bay without permit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

last Friday first time ever I went to Wood Green Shopping Mall.

I parked my car on to a family first bay as I do normally whenever I go for shopping to IKEA, ASDA or any other places

(I have got a 14 months old child, baby seat at the back and a notice on the car stating the baby is on board).

Wehn parking in Wood Green I had to get a ticket to park my car.

So it is a place where you have to pay in the first place.

When I finished my shopping and paid for the ticket i noticed that I was given a PARKING CHARGE NOTICE by UKPC people.

They say it was because I "parked my car in a permit space without displaying a permit"

It is £90 or £50 if I pay early. I felt so bad and betrayed as I paid for parking in the car park as well as I have got a child.

Thier reason is that they introduced a parking permit for people who have got children that you must bring childs passport and red book.

In this very harsh financial environment I find it hard to feed my child let alone pay this £50. ...But as a professional worker I am worried about my credit ratings etc.

Could someone please tell me what to do? Should I write these people a letter with the copy of my childs red book and passport or should I just ignore this?

One thing I do not understand is that why our government is allowing these people to milk us?

Any helpful comments will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Ken

ignore

its a speculative invoice

plenty of threads here on UKCPC here to read

they just lost in court again anyhow

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

"Mother and baby" and disabled spaces have no legal status on private land and cannot be enforced as such. You could park your car horizontally across three disabled spaces if you felt like it. Although it'd be rather inconsiderate, they wouldn't be able to do naff all about it.

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

As with all PPC's ignore works well and limits the amount of threatening waste paper they send.

They are jusy bully boys whose system works on bluff paperwork that mimics real PCN's and FPN's but are for all that just invoices for breaking some petty rule they have dreamt up. You will notice on their paperwork it will be full of mays and mights as they do not intend to go anywhere near a court as they are well aware of the result

• 1 year later...

Great advice. I got a ticket last week and will not be paying.

I will also be writing to my local Haringey Councillor to find out why this scandal is permitted to happen!!!!

Please join in to put on as much pressure as possible to get this stopped.

Huge Thanks!

Are you guys sure about Wood Green Shopping City .I was there today and what caught my ear was the audio message in lift , which did refer to "fines " not charges . must say I did not study the notices , but COULD this be an area which is subject to council parking regulations ? only asking ,most definitely not supporting this outfit

The OP does refer to a "parking charge" .lets hope it is a charge not a penalty

the goverment are giving these people a free hand to do what they want

the goverment are supposed to be working for us,

every body should contact there MP to get this stoppted before

it comes into force

Edited by greasmonkey
spelling