Bank overdraft debt applicable to the 6 year rule?

katie0207
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm new to this and will try to keep this as short as possible.

I got into A LOT of debt whilst at uni. I had 3 studant bank accounts and ran up overdrafts on all 3 and went over what the agreed level by quite alot by using cheques.

I had no choice if i wanted to stay at Uni and had quite a difficult time financially also running up credit card and other debts. This was back in 2003/4.

I buried my head in the sand for a couple of years and then got a job.

I wanted to clear the debt and contacted the banks and they all informed me i had no debt with them (I'm assuming that this is because they had sold the debt on!?)

I tried a couple of debt collection agencies but no one knew who i was so i stuidly left it.

I have since sorted out my finances and have a good job and a new bank account.

I even braved doing an experian report which showed Nothing - i then applied for a mortgage.

This was accepted and then i have been contacted to say that they have withdrawn it due to information they had just recievd from "call credit" i've never heard of them.

i've asked for a credit report from them.

All the bank would tell me was that the information was "really bad" and against an address i've not lived at for 9 years and one other one that i've not lived at for 6 years.

My questions are these:

1. I have not acknowledged the banking overdraft debts or any others for over 6 years - are these all statute barred

2. Why are they still holding adverse information against me for debt registered over 6 years ago

3. Why experian shows a clear report but this call credit does not

4.Who are call credit

5.If i do have to pay the debt - will i be able to find out who i owe it to from the report as the banks don't know anything about it

6.what's the best thing for me to do now

So stressed!!!!!! Any help will be really appriciated

def statute barred if you've made no financial on them in +6yrs

credit call are probably the bottom of the pile of CRA's

and as such, tend to be the worst for rules....

wait forthe report to comeback and we'll deal then.

but if its been 6yrs then no pay!

as for the bank saying its against addressess you lived at,..... thats rubbish!

its always a person never an addresss!!

some thing is not right here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx, that's what i thought. Just so confused - not even sure the report is coming as call credit site was rubbish and couldn't verify my details and i had to send off the postal request.

So why is the bank listening to this additional info? Surely they should know that this debt is over 6 years old and shouldn't apply to my application - especailly as they originally approved me. I've sent the bank my experian report which is totally clear so i'm hoping that will help.

It's all so frustrating. I can't understand why they have "come across" this information after they had approved me. They said that the information came from their london office - but why? what was the trigger - do you think there is a potential dpa issue here?

You need to get a list of charges from the bank and credit card companys.

Then we can take you through the recovery process.

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

without victory there is no survival.”

(Winston Churchill Addressing the House of commons.)

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.

what have charges etc got to do with this..........

they are sb debts......

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No need to overreact

I was assuming there was an unaranged overdraft in place (hence the det)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

without victory there is no survival.”

(Winston Churchill Addressing the House of commons.)

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.