Credit Reference Agencies - Government pass the buck

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The condems cant be seen to be upsetting their best buddies at the CRA's......(big business)

The government have already stated that they will use CRA's to prevent benefit fraud (an idea sold to them by the CRA's).

Looks like we need to look at piling the pressure on the ICO then - as it apears all this is their decision.

In all fairness 577 signatures is pretty pathetic, you would think in times of recession when thousands of people are experiencing financial hardship through no fault of their own, it would have generated more interest.

Hi dad

I think Brecht said it all:

"

After the uprising of the 17th June

The Secretary of the Writers Union

Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee

Stating that the people

Had forfeited the confidence of the government

And could win it back only

By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easier

In that case for the government

To dissolve the people

And elect another?"

x

v

Hi dad

"

Stating that the people

To dissolve the people

And elect another?"

x

v

A few chapters of Nietzsche to send you off this evening Vic?

Hi dad

"

Stating that the people

To dissolve the people

And elect another?"

x

v

Nice! :-) I'm also reminded of the American philosopher John Dewey's aphorism that "politics is the shadow cast on society by big business" (ie modifications in the shadow- say, by holding an election- won't change the source of *true* power; reforms then become essentially meaningless). ;-)

Hi all,

I have a feeling that even the ICO is or has become biased towards the CRA's.

I quote from a letter from the office .

''The 4th principle of The Data Protection Act says that personal data mut be accurate

and if necessary updated.

As searches on Table 1 are clearly marked for outstanding debt information relating to these

appears to be accurate, wheather or not the data is recorded in any table the searches relate to

is not necessarily an issue for the ICO as long as the data recorded is accurate the CRA will have complied with principle 4.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

the ico cannot be criticised on this site, but they are ineffective for whatever reason,and have no desire in my experience to actually do what they should do which is to decide if the conduct of data processing is fair as the ordinary man consider it.

They split hairs and use terms like, 'may be acting in accordance with the DPA'. In other words, they cannot or will not say for sure. Things like, one processer giving your data to another, even when you haven't consented to your data being shared, is ok because "the data processor asking for the info has a legitimate interest' (actual ICO decision) so, basically, if one data procerssor has a legitmate interest in using your data then they can ask other data holders for your info, and even if you haven't consented to that data being shared, it can be because the one making the request has a legitimate interest. so, basically, according to that decision, your info can be shared without your consent, as long as one processor can show they have a legitimate interest in knowing about you.

as for the decision itself, this isn't new, I remember it was discussed last year and the Government refused. hardly surprising the petition didnt get more signatures, it was redundant and a wast of time

In certain cases the ICO is in my opinion the wrong route to go down. If DCA's/CRA's are to be challenged it will need a ground breaking court action to make them think about the processing and sharing of your data. But that requires a judge who is prepared to think outside the box and not just rely on ICO guidelines, because that's all they are and are open to interpretation and abuse.

Its the CRA who need challenging, as they are all to often to quick to pass the buck back to the OC/DCA's when data which they are sharing is proven to be incorrect.

I am personally going to challenge the CRA's in case very soon if I do not get the correct response from them. They have been informed over a year ago regarding some incorrect data on my CF and yet even after contacting the DCA responsible they inform me its correct and refuse to remove it. I now have proof its incorrect and fully intend if its not dealt with of taking both the DCA and CRA to court for compensation.