• Tweets

• The lawsuits allege the companies preyed upon "vulnerable" young men like the 18-year-old Uvalde gunman.View the full article
    • Hi, despite saying you would post it up we have not seen the WS or EVRis WS. Please can you post them up.
    • Hi, Sorry its taken me so long to get round to this, i've been pretty busy today. Anyway, just a couple of things based on your observations.   Evri have not seen/read my WS (sent by post and by email) as they would have recognised the claim value is over £1000 as it includes court fees, trial fees, postage costs and interests, and there is a complete breakdown of the different costs and evidence. I'd say theres a 1% chance they read it , but in any case it won't change what they write. They refer to the claim amount that you claimed in your claim form originally, which will likely be in the same as the defence. They use a simple standard copy and paste format for WX and I've never seen it include any amount other than on the claim form but this is immaterial because it makes no difference to whether evri be liable and if so to what value which is the matter in dispute. However, I have a thinking that EVRi staff are under lots of pressure, they seem to be working up to and beyond 7pm even on fridays, and this is quite unusual so they likely save time by just copying and pasting certain lines of their defence to form their WX.   Evri accepts the parcel is lost after it entered their delivery network - again, this is in my WS and is not an issue in dispute. This is just one of their copy paste lines that they always use.   Evri mentions the £25 and £4.82 paid by Packlink - Again, had they read the WS, they would have realised this is not an issue in dispute. They probably haven't read your WS but did you account for this in your claim form?   Furthermore to the eBay Powered By Packlink T&Cs that Evri is referring to, Clauses 3b and c of the T&Cs states:  (b)   Packlink is a package dispatch search engine that acts as an intermediary between its Users and Transport Agencies. Through the Website, Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line. (c)  Each User shall then enter into its own contract with the chosen Transport Agency. Packlink does not have any control over, and disclaims all liability that may arise in contracts between a User and a Transport Agency This supports the view that once a user (i.e, myself) selects a transport agency (i.e Evri) that best suits the user's needs, the user (i.e, myself) enters into a contract with the chosen transport agency (i.e, myself). Therefore, under the T&Cs, there is a contract between myself and Evri.   This is correct but you have gone into this claim as trying to claim as a third party. I would say that you need to pick which fight you wan't to make. Either you pick the fight that you contracted directly with EVRi therefore you can apply the CRA OR you pick the fight that you are claiming as a third party contract to a contract between packlink and EVRi. Personally, I would go with the argument that you contracted directly with evri because the terms and conditions are pretty clear that the contract is formed with EVRi and so if the judge accepts this you are just applying your CR under CRA 2015, of which there has only been 2 judges I have seen who have failed to accept the argument of the CRA.   Evri cites their pre-existing agreement with Packlink and that I cannot enforce 3rd party rights under the 1999 Act. Evri has not provided a copy of this contract, and furthermore, my point above explains that the T&Cs clearly explains I have entered into a contract when i chose Evri to deliver my parcel.    This is fine, but again I would say that you should focus on claiming under the contract you have with EVRi as you entered into a direct contract with them according to packlink, as this gives less opportunites for the judge to get things wrong, also I think this is a much better legal position because you can apply your CR to it, if you dealt with a third party claim you would likely need to rely on business contract rights.   As explained in my WS, i am the non-gratuitous beneficiary as my payment for Evri's delivery service through Packlink is the sole reason for the principal contract coming into existence. I wouldn't focus this as your argument. I did think about this earlier and I think the sole focus of your claim should be that you contracted with evri and any term within their T&Cs that limits their liability is a breach of CRA. If you try to argue that the payment to packlink is the sole reason for the contract coming in between EVRI and packlink then you are essentially going against yourself since on one hand you are (And should be) arguing that you contracted directly with EVRi, but on the other hand by arguing about funding the contract between packlink and evri you are then saying that the contract is between packlink and evri not you and evri.  I think you should focus your argument that the contract is between you and evri as the packlink T&C's say.   Clearly Evri have not read by WS as the above is all clearly explained in there.   I doubt they have too, but I think their witness statement more than anything is an attempt to sort of confuse things. They reference various parts of the T&Cs within their WS and I've left some more general points on their WS below although I do think  point 3b as you have mentioned is very important because it says "Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line." which I would argue means that you contract directly with the agency. For points 9 and 10 focus on term 3c of the contract  points 15-18 are the same as points 18-21 of the defence if you look at it (as i said above its just a copy paste exercise) point 21 term 3c again point 23 is interesting - it says they are responsible for organising it but doesnt say anything about a contract  More generally for 24-29 it seems they are essentially saying you agreed to packlinks terms which means you can't have a contract with EVRI. This isnt true, you have simply agreed to the terms that expressly say your contract is formed with the ttransport agency (EVRi). They also reference that packlinks obligations are £25 but again this doesn't limit evris obligations, there is nothing that says that the transport agency isnt liable for more, it just says that packlinks limitation is set. for what its worth point 31 has no applicability because the contract hasn't been produced.   but overall I think its most important to focus on terms 3b and 3c of the contract and apply your rights as a consumer and not as a third party and use the third party as a backup   
    • Ms Vennells gave testimony over three days, watched by those affected by the Post Office scandal.View the full article
    • Punters are likely not getting the full amount of alcohol they are paying for, a new study suggests.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

All Talk Talk and no Correspondence

Honey Bee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Due to potential nuisance calls, I decided I wanted to change my land line number. I rent the land line from Talk Talk, and the bills are in my name only. I have an 18 month contract with them which commenced in June 06.

Here is the diary of events.

5/9/06 9.00am I called TT requesting they change my phone number. I'm told only BT can do that and I was to call them on 0800 150 111.

5/9/06 9.15am I called BT and was on hold for 25 minutes. BT tell me I have no account with them and I should be speaking to TT who rent the line from BT. My account is with TT.

5/9/06 10.00am I called TT again and tell them what BT told me. TT say they can't change the number as they only rent the line from BT. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told there was no point as I'd get the same answer, that I needed to talk to BT again. I demanded to speak to a supervisor. I was placed on hold. I was then told the supervisor was busy. I asked to speak to the supervisor's boss then. I was again placed on hold. I was then told the supervisor would call me back sometime today.

5/9/06 10.30am I called BT again to check my facts. I was told BT definitely cannot change the number. The only way to change my number is to revert back to BT so that I have an account with them. I am still held in contract with TT, and like their prices so this isn't really an option.

5/9/06 6.00pm I had received no return call from the supervisor at TT so I called them again. I am told the supervisor is busy, and again am informed that if I wish to change my land line number I must speak to BT. I explain TT rent the line from BT, and only they have any authority to request that the number be changed, can't they do this for me? I'm told TT do not talk to BT, which I must understand, BT are TT's competitors. I pointed out that BT were also TT's suppliers and most probably had an extremely large contract with them to supply all the lines. I requested that out of the hundreds of thousands of lines they must rent, can't they please let me have another, and suggested I even pay an admin charge for it. I'm told it doesn't work like that. I'm told that if I want to block withheld numbers they can do so. I said that wasn't good enough for me, I need the number changing. I demanded to speak to a supervisor again. I was told he could place a "higher authority requisition" and someone would call me within 48 hours. I said I had no belief that anyone from such an incompetent company would call me back and I wanted to talk to a supervisor immediately. I was told no. I said goodbye.

Four hours of cursing, fuming, deliberating, screaming, etc etc.

The following are copies of my email conversation with TT customer care department.

Sent: 06 Sep 06 10:26:58

To:

Cc:

Subject: Landline - Other

Contact Us Information

Name: Honey Bee

Postcode: XXX

Email: [email protected]

Address:

XXX

Account Holder: I am the TalkTalk account holder

Account Number: XXX

Bank Name: XXX

Phone number: XXX

Alternate number: XXX

Query Type: [TalkTalk Landline, Landline - Other]

Comment:

I am receiving nuisance calls and need to change my phone number. I was asked to call BT, but BT say I do not have an account with them so they can't do anything. I called you back and was told to call BT. I can't go round in circles forever and my issue is of some urgency to avoid any further distress to myself.

My account is with you. I pay you for the service. If you are not willing to provide the service then please state that you wish to end the contract. Otherwise please take the steps required to change my phone number and contact me about the processes you are going to take to do so.

I look forward to hearing from you about this urgent request. If I do not hear from you then I shall be contacting the telecom regulatory bodies.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 6, 2006 11:06 AM

Dear Honey Bee,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the only way to change your landline number is to rejoin BT and get them to change your number. As talk talk rents the lines from BT all talk talk customers have BT phone numbers and we are unable to change telephone numbers. Alternatively I can advise that you add anonymous caller reject to your account then all withheld calls will be rejected. All select services available and the cost are on our website at TalkTalk.co.uk

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this issue.

If you have any general queries, please call customer services on 0870 444 1820.

For technical queries, please contact broadband technical support on 0871 226 7146 or email [email protected]. Calls to this number are charged at 10 pence per minute (call charges may vary from mobile phones and other telecom operators).

Both of these numbers can become busy during peak periods and TalkTalk apologises for any inconvenience caused by the delays.

Regards

Mr VW

TalkTalk Correspondence Department

TRACKING NUMBER: xxx

-------------------------------------------------------------

06 Sep 06 11:16:52

Dear Mr Vw,

Thank you for your response. Please post to my current address which you hold on file, a copy of my contract and your company policy for dealing with nuisance phone calls.

Regards,

Honey Bee.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 6, 2006 12:18 PM

Dear Honey Bee,

I can confirm that unfortunately I am unable to send a copy of this. All the information you require is available online at TalkTalk.co.uk

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this issue.

If you have any general queries, please call customer services on 0870 444 1820.

For technical queries, please contact broadband technical support on 0871 226 7146 or email [email protected]. Calls to this number are charged at 10 pence per minute (call charges may vary from mobile phones and other telecom operators).

Both of these numbers can become busy during peak periods and TalkTalk apologises for any inconvenience caused by the delays.

Regards

Mr VW

TRACKING NUMBER: XXX

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 6, 2006 1:20 PM

Dear Mr VW,

I am thoroughly searching the website you state for a copy of the contract. Paragraph 2.1 of the terms and conditions refers to the contract, but unfortunately I cannot find a copy on the website.

I'd appreciate a copy of the contract I signed, and strongly request this.

Could you please also provide me with a direct link to the details of the contract that you say are available on the website.

Could you please also provide me with a direct link to the details of the company's policy for dealing with

nuisance phone calls that you say are available on the website.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly. Please be aware that my issues are of an urgent nature and I wish to resolve this as speedily as possible.

Regards,

Honey Bee.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 6, 2006 4:11 PM

Dear Mr VX,

I have not had any response from you further to my previous email.

I am available online here until 5pm today, and by telephone XXX from 5pm onwards.

Regards,

Honey Bee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 7, 2006 12:42 PM

(This email was to a friend regarding a telecon not intended for me.)

Some Scottish woman just called my number asking for Mr VW or whatever his name was. I told her I was Honey Bee. She asked what I wanted. I said I wanted my number changed. She asked me for the new number. I told her I wanted her to give me one. She eventually understood and said right, no problem, she'll get it done. I had to ask her if she wanted my phone number that I had now. She said yes and I told her. Then she almost hung up. I had to ask what happens next. She told me it would normally be 3-4 working days, but she'd do it now. Then she almost hung up again. I asked how I would know what the new number would be. She said Oh yes, of course, she'd ring me back. Then we eventually said goodbye.

(Note - extremely slack of me not to get her name and number, I was a little confused.)

On 07/09/06, customerservices wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Dear Honey Bee

> >

> > Thank you for your email.

> >

> > Please accept my apologies for any delay in response.

> >

> > In regards to our phone conversation today, i am afraid i cannot alter

> > the number on the account, however i have located the correct number for you

> > to phone to report nuicence calls. The number is, 0800661441.

> >

> > If you require any further assistance please call our customer services

> > on 08704441820 or via email to *http://www.talktalk*

> > co.uk.

> >

> > Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

> >

> > Regards

> >

> > TalkTalk Correspondence Department

On 07/09/06, Honey Bee wrote:

>

> Dear Talk Talk Correspondence Department,

>

> Thank you for your assistance today. I shall call the number you have

> given me later this evening.

>

> I would prefer my number to be changed. Can you please explain to me why

> this is not possible?

>

> I have still not had any information from you regarding my contract. I

> have requested a copy of the contract that I signed with yourselves. Can you

> please confirm that this will be posted to me?

>

> Regards,

> Honey Bee.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 08 Sep 06 18:20:39

To:

Cc:

Subject: Re: TalkTalk

Dear Talk Talk Correspondence Department,

I rang the number you gave me for nuisance calls and received a recorded

message stating that it was for BT customers only, and that anyone else

should contact their own service provider. I am not a BT customer.

I really am very disappointed in your service. You so far have been unable

to protect me from nuisance calls, and appear unwilling to provide me with a

copy of the contract I signed with yourselves only a few months ago.

Please respond to my previous email of 7/9/06 copied below within 24 hours.

If you do not, I shall make a formal complaint and be seeking advice from

Ofcom.

Regards,

Honey Bee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Honey Bee,

I apologise that you were unsatisfactorily assisted with your query.

If you wish to prevent nuisance or telemarketing calls then please visit SGS Technology Project Services - Global Recruitment Solutions. TPS is a (free) phone registration service which blocks all marketing/nuisance calls from being made to your number.

I hope this information will be of assistance to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Honey Bee,

In order to find the terms and conditions the easiest way of doing this is to go to the search tool at the top of the page and type in 'terms and conditions'.

If you are still having trouble, here is a link:

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/servlet/gben-search-SingleCategorySearch

In order to resolve any issues regarding nuisance phone calls please ring the nuisance call advice line on 0800 661 441.

In regards to your query about your contract, the welcome pack that you received when you joined TalkTalk is your contract.

I hope that this has been of assistance to you.

Miss HM

Correspondence Department

This is a serious issue, not just for me, but anyone who is signing up with TT appears to be unprotected from nuisance or unwanted phone calls, and TT's attitude is disgusting,

So, TT are completely incompetent and I'm getting nowhere. I would like some advice on my next step.

Do I contact my MP and ask him to intervene on my behalf?

Do I get the media involved?

Do I contact carphone warehouse's MD? I have his email address?

Do I contact Ofcom?

All of the above?

How do I get my number changed?

How do I get a copy of my contract? Did I sign one? SAR?

I cannot let them get away with this, and will not let it drop.

Has anyone else had this specific problem and was it ever resolved?

Has anyone ever managed to get their number changed as a customer renting a line from TT?

Sorry about the length of this post. I’m just utterly disgusted by TT.

1. If you are getting nuisance calls report it to the police and get an incident number

2. Go back to talktalk with the incident number it makes the case more serious

No No No No No

As you are an LLU customer (ie the line is unbundled from BT and onto TalkTalks kit) you have nothing to do with BT as you have found out. TalkTalk are wrong that they rent the line from BT technically they rent the wires in the ground the line itself is now theirs (technical difference).

Talk Talk are talking out of their backsides they can change the numbers report them to OFCOM and also ask them about their Alternate Dispute Resolution process ADR they have to give you this or they are breaking OFCOM rules as well.

Ive posted in the TalkTalk forum at DSLGuide about your problem and any suggestions ill post back here for you

Thanks Thailand. I've a couple of things stopping me cancelling at the moment though.

Firstly, I think this could be a big issue for everyone, and could get publicity on their policies etc for nuisance calls, or rather, lack of them.

Secondly, I can call my Dad in Italy, and friend in US, and cousin in NZ for free.

Thirdly, I've had no other problem with them, and my broadband seems fine.

Fourthly, I'm concerned about the change over, and if I will be without phone or broadband for any length of time.

At least I know who to call. Thanks. I'm not sure if I did sign anything. I'm going to go into Carphone Warehouse today and act like an innocent new customer to see if I can get any info on policy etc.

Wish me luck. x

1. If you are getting nuisance calls report it to the police and get an incident number

2. Go back to talktalk with the incident number it makes the case more serious

Talk Talk are talking out of their backsides they can change the numbers report them to OFCOM and also ask them about their Alternate Dispute Resolution process ADR they have to give you this or they are breaking OFCOM rules as well.

Ive posted in the TalkTalk forum at DSLGuide about your problem and any suggestions ill post back here for you

Thanks Rich, that would be brilliant. I look forward to the response.

I've only had a couple of silent calls so far, but I am currently at high risk of potentially more, and I have a very nervous condition. I just want a new number, that's all. The police won't be interested at this stage.

I just can't believe they refuse to change the number. I even offered an admin fee!!

Ok folks, I went into Carphone Warehouse. I said that I had TT and was extremely pleased with it and I wanted my Mum to be on it; that my Mum was a worrier and wanted to read all the Ts &Cs etc, and wanted details about dealing with nuisance calls as she's been bothered in the past.

I've no idea how I kept a straight face!

I managed to get the triplicate order form they fill in which has summary Ts and Cs on the back. TT mention here of a Code of Practice available at www.talktalk.co.uk/code When you try that it re-routes here... http://media.phonehouse.com/mediaserver/servlet/AssetServer?id=PDFS149263&ver=5&RD=YES

Point number 19 headed "Malicious calls" states...

Malicious calls can cause annoyance and distress and we take this problem very seriously. If you are receiving malicious calls, we would like to help in every way we can to try to resolve the problem. This may involve working with BT, the police and other network operators where appropriate. You should be prepared to give evidence if the caller is traced and brought to court. We may also recommend that you change your phone number and ask for it to become ex-directory if you continue to receive such calls.

If have a TalkTalk line, please contact us on 0870 444 1820 to report any malicious calls.

If you have a CPS (carrier pre-select) only service with us, we recommend that you call BT's Nuisance Call Advice line on 0800 661441 to report any malicious calls.

After work I will call 0870 444 1820 (which has been given to me before above as a general queries line) and quote their Code at them.

My possible problem lies with the fact I'm not receiving malicious calls as such. I am unable to state here why, but this is NOT a problem for me. They should change my number in my circumstances that I have got.

Update after the phone call this evening.

Just had this back from a Talk Talk rep on dslguide

the only way to change a telephone number is by going back to bt and setting up a new landline account with them, and requesting the number to be changed - talktalk do not have the facility to alter the BT number database, or create new numbers. we would if we could!!

if she is adamant that she wants to change her number, it could be a lengthy process to get everything set up the way it was before. if she has broadband, she may be disconnected for up to a month even if EVERYTHING happens the way it should (chance of this happening slim to none as there are so many variables involved).

has your friend explored the services that are available to combat nuisance calls: ie tps for marketing calls, anonymous caller reject, last number barring, caller display etc? this may be a more efficient solution to the problem.

there is an alternative to changing the telephone number, and that is to refer the case to the nuisance call bureau, this is a good option if you wish to trace the person making the calls. however, it is a little bit costly £130 + vat. This is to cover the costs of tracking a line and costs of liaising with the Law Enforcement Agency. You must also have a crime number from the police.

other than that, theres not much more TalkTalk can do.

But also heard from a mod on there that it doesn't sound right and they have been off to one of their contacts to get clarification.

If this is true then its incredible it really is and needs to be publicised

Hi Honey Bee,

You forgot to mention the paragraph 6.1 in the T's and C's TalkTalk - landline calls for less

6. Allocation and use of Telephone Numbers

6.1. Where we provide you with a telephone number (including a code) for the purpose of providing the Services you acknowledge that the code and number are not your property and that we are entitled to alter the telephone number (and/or the code) in our sole discretion. We shall only change that number where reasonably necessary after providing you with reasonable notice of such change.

6.2. You acknowledge that you have no right to sell (or to agree to transfer) or dispose of in any way, the number provided to you by us.

They seem to imply here that they can and will change your number if they so wish.

Speak to you later. x

[

Judging by the responses you've had when phoning them so far it's probably a good idea not to waste any more time on the phone to them. At least if you put it in writing you have a full audit trail.

If you do need to call them about it, then record the call.

Are you also writing a letter of complaint to Talk Talk?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Letter to Ofcom:

Dear Sir / Madam,

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL

URGENT

Ref: Talk Talk XXXXXXXXXX

My circumstances

I have an account with Talk Talk with the reference XXXXXX, for the telephone line numbered XXXXXX. My alternative number is XXXXXXX.

***Confidential information***

My issue

I have made requests to Talk Talk for my telephone number to be changed. Please read the attached documentation evidencing this (emails and phone call details in above post), and Talk Talk’s responses. I would still like, and request that my number be changed to avoid any potential harassment and distress.

Of serious concern

Talk Talk state in paragraph 19 of their Code of Practice, a copy of which I have also enclosed, that they take situations such as mine very seriously. They also recommend in this paragraph that you change your phone number. In my opinion, Talk Talk’s behaviour regarding my circumstances has not been in accordance with their Code of Practice.

I am also concerned that they cannot provide me with a copy of the contract that I signed.

I am aware that the telecom unbundling occurred this year, and am concerned that the issue of protecting people from nuisance and harassing telephone calls has not been considered carefully enough.

My request

• I request urgent assistance to change my telephone number.
  • I request assistance in obtaining a copy of my signed contract.
  • I request a copy of any guidance documents or procedures issued by Talk Talk to its staff dealing with the implementation of its Code of Practice in respect of harassing telephone calls.
  • I request that Ofcom investigate Talk Talk’s policy, and implementation of such a policy, regarding harassing telephone calls.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Yours faithfully,

Honey Bee

ENC: Details of telephone conversations. Copies of emails. Paragraph 19 of Talk Talk’s Code of Practice.

CC. Ian Taylor MP. Otelo. Mr. Charles Dunstone

It goes in tomorrows post. I'll do covering letters for the copies to MP, Otelo and CD (Charles Dunstone - Chief Executive Officer)

Covering letters to Otelo and Cd were simply "here's a copy". Letter to my MP is...

Please find enclosed a copy of a letter of complaint that I have sent to Ofcom today regarding harassing telephone calls and the failure of my telephone provider to assist me.

I am concerned that is this is an issue of public policy and not just customer service. Prior to the "unbundling" of BT's residential telephone services, it was possible to ring BT and arrange for a telephone number to be changed if it was receiving harassing calls. The relative simplicity of this process appears to now have been lost. If my experience is typical then a large number of individuals will have failed to persuade their telephone company to provide the same level of service that was available prior to the unbundling.

I cannot believe that this was the intention of those who authorised the unbundling of the services, but the failure to adequately address this issue has caused me, and probably others, considerable distress. I would be extremely grateful if you would consider and respond to my concerns in respect of this issue.

I've only had a couple of silent calls so far, but I am currently at high risk of potentially more, and I have a very nervous condition. I just want a new number, that's all. The police won't be interested at this stage.

quote]

Silent calls are not pervs, it's an automatic line test which makes your phone ring. Older phones tend to be the worst affected.

Silent calls are also caused by telemarketing computers who dial your number automatically, but there is no real person at the call centre to speak to you. You can stop this by going to www optoutuk co uk (put in the dots) and registering your number.

Hi Luddite,

I understand what you are saying and you are correct that most silent calls are not pervs, etc.

My circustances are such that I need my number changed, and I don't wish to explain why.

It shouldn't be the case where I have to post here and receive advise like this from yourself, kind though it may be. It's TT's responsibility to look after their customers. They have not done so, and it appears they don't wish to.

This is why I'm sending out the letters I have. TT need to learn customer service!!

I just want my number changed - it's a simple request from a paying customer.

Hello Again,

I agree with you 100% TalkTalk don't know what good customer service is. I have been trying to sort out a problem with them for months now and I know how you feel.

Try contacting OTELO The Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman. www.otelo.org.uk and see if they can help you. It's free and they will take up your case with them. It will take 6-8 weeks but they are independant and can do something for you.

TalkTalk seem to try and grind you down, using every way thay can to obstruct you and twist what you say so that it looks as if you are the person who is in the wrong.

Don't let them get you down.

Hello Again,

I agree with you 100% TalkTalk don't know what good customer service is. I have been trying to sort out a problem with them for months now and I know how you feel.

Try contacting OTELO The Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman. www.otelo.org.uk and see if they can help you. It's free and they will take up your case with them. It will take 6-8 weeks but they are independant and can do something for you.

TalkTalk seem to try and grind you down, using every way thay can to obstruct you and twist what you say so that it looks as if you are the person who is in the wrong.

Don't let them get you down.

I can sort of understand a business model that prices cheap and fails to deal with basic run of the mill customer requests. What is quite extraordinary is how this attitude continues when dealing with a potentially very serious issue such as harassment. This is much, much more significant than poor customer service.

Esher and Walton Conservative Association

38A High Street

Walton on Thames

Surrey KT12 1BZ

Contact

Mr. David Loader

(Agent)

Cllr Jan Fuller

(Secretary)

Details

Telephone 01932 248656

Fax 01932 248637

Email

[email protected]

Website

http://www.esherwalton.com

House of Commons

Address

House of Commons

London

SW1A 0AA

Contact

Anne Buckingham

(Private Secretary)

Sarah Chilman

(Political Assistant)

Details

Telephone 020 7219 5221

Fax 020 7219 5492

Email

[email protected]

Website

http://www.iantaylormp.com

Just had a quick look and found these details for your MP see my note at the bottom before you write.

Ian Taylor MBE MP

Esher & Walton Conservative Association

38a High Street

Walton on Thames

Surrey

KT12 1DE

Telephone: 01932 248656

Fax: 01932 248637

[email protected]

House of Commons

Prompt action can be taken by writing to

Ian Taylor MBE MP

House of Commons

London

SW1A 0AA

Contact

Anne Buckingham

(Private Secretary)

Sarah Chilman

(Political Assistant)

Details

Telephone 020 7219 5221

Fax 020 7219 5492

Email

[email protected]

You can send him an e-mail to the above address, I did with my MP and got a very quick reply. It was faster than a letter, I sent the letter I was going to post as an attachment.

Hope this helps.:)