I received a "parking charge notice" whilst parked on 'Private' land.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just been reading the letter from the Debt collection Company...."Our client has now instructed us to recover the above monies from you as the driver at the time the vehicle was parked".. Correct me if I'm wrong but, are they not allowed to assume the Registered Keeper was the Driver?? OOh, and here's the scary bit..."The BPA code of practice states that "the courts do not look favourably on motorists or consumers who try to withhold information from operators when it has been asked for with genuine, reasonable and proper cause"". AND I have just this minute noticed that the 'Parking charge notice number on the debt company's letter is DIFFERENT to the one printed on the actual ticket!!??!! Haha, the plot thickens!!

That just characterises these people for what they are. Utter chancers. "Genuine, reasonable and proper cause?" BS.

There's absolutely no point wasting your time writing to the BPA. They're a self regulated organisation made up of representatives from the parking industry. Save your stamps.

I don't bother with stamps, I just email the BPA. Their "disciplinary" procedure consists of a points system. If a PPC receives more than 12 points then they are "will be faced with suspension or expulsion." (according to the BPA). If that does happen then they (theoretically) can't access DVLA information, and they have to remove all those lovely BPA and AOS logos from their website and signage.

I have just reported Town and City again for the wording on their ticket envelopes, which says "It is an offence for anyone except the driver to remove this notice".I have asked the BPA what particular "offence" is being commited by said removal.

I did this over Town and City Parking's use of the word "penalty" and they have been "disciplined" (whatever that means) by the BPA.

I think been disciplined by the BPA involves a phone call from the club saying "ow Bert, some geezer wants to complain about you. Will you stop the whining buggers getting on to us mate. Cheers."

Edited by crem

• 1 month later...

Got my third letter from the Debt collectors acting on behalf of Park force. 1st letter said don't ignore it coz it won't go away! 2nd letter was "Notice of Intended Litigation" giving seven days to respond, and the 3rd one says they are willing to accept a 'reduced amount' for the parking ticket. I didn't actually open the 3rd one. I held it up to the light and read bits of it. Then wrote put a sticker on the front that said 'NO CONTRACT-RETURN TO SENDER. That was 3 weeks ago and we've heard nothing since.