UKCPS - More than unhelpful.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey

I am writing here on behalf of my father who has many different health conditions. My farther late last year had a full right knee replacement and uses disabled parking bays because he is still unable to bend his knee fully yet and needs to open the car door fully, this can not be done in a standard car bay at this car park. We did spend 10 - 15 minutes before parking trying to find a parking attendant to explain our point but was unable to locate one. When we arrived back at the car after about 20 / 25 minutes we have been given a ticket for £60, We wrote to this company explaining the issues who have wrote back and told us that we must now pay £100 because 14 days has passed, Can anybody help me with these people ?

This is UKCPS the car park management company? Not the UK Coloured Pencil Society?

Either way, you do not have to do anything more. Ignore them. You owe them nothing and do not have to pay them, do not have to deal with them and do not have to contact them.

What they do, to make their sordid living, is send out frightening letters to people such as yourself to worry you into thinking you somehow owe them penalty charges. You do not. Ignore them and their letters, and read around the forum for further info on this [problem].

Hi

Yes, UKCPS the car park management company. I am unsure how they got my farthers home address. Will they pass this to any type of debt collector ? how long will they try to get me to pay thismore. On the back of the ticket it says about courts ect still ignor them ?

Hi there.

They got your father's address through the DVLA who give out RK details at around £2.50 a time. They made over £2million from it last year!

If they pass it on to a DCA dont worry-its just another part of the [problem]. You may even get up to 3-4 letters. Ignore them all and they will go away. :-)

They will have got the address from DVLA. It's a matter of some controversy that DVLA are willing to give this info out for a fee (£10 I think), but they do!

Yes they will pass it to a "debt collector", which is in reality a goon sitting at the next desk, using a different type of headed paper. Then it will be passed to a "solicitor", again with a different letter head. Then in the end, they give up because they can't do anything. You must expect this - don't be scared - it's just bluff and bluster.

As for the note on the back about court, that's all part of the game. The idea is frighten you, and you'll pay. Don't fall for it.

Don't be intimidated if you receive a letter from an outfit used by UKCPS calling itself "Court Proceedings Ltd.", complete with a scales of justice logo. There is nothing official about this company.They are just a two-bit debt collection agency operating out of an accommodation address in Oxford Street London, used by UKCPS as part of their ploy to try to make people pay up. Ignore them!

Edited by DBC

Mine was in Aintree. We were parked out side Pets at Home while we loaded are shopping & when I put the boot down there was the ticket:-x We didn't even see the guy put it on even though we had been there less than 5 minutes so he must have made out the ticket while sitting in his car.

I actually watched him one day in the Speke park! I was sitting in my car while my wife and daughter where doing a bit of shopping. Must of been there for over an hour! It holds 1850 cars yet all he did was walk around the front of the shops where the disabled bays are outside each shop! He has too time other cars, or note they have been out and back in before their allowed too. However the disabled bays are easy picking for them. As soon as they see no badge they slap a charge on it!

The worst part of this scenario is although protecting disabled parking bays for the disabled is a good thing, this company isn't protecting them its using them for entrapment. Many disabled people don't have a blue badge! However your Father was disabled, he parked in a disabled bay why should he be penalised?

You will receive a couple of letters off UKCPS then a couple off Court proceedings, [silly name] then in 99.9% of cases nothing else! Make no contact they don't know who was driving and if they believe any contract exists, it is with the driver if they can find him!:-)

• 4 weeks later...

yep

just a trumped up threat-o-gram

made to look official

ignore them!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello there. Interesting terminology on this one, non payment will lead to court action. That would be interesting and very rare.

And it looks like a cynical attempt to look like part of HMCS, which is not a limited company.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I know how tempting it is to write back to them and tell them in no uncertain terms to go and "f" themselves. However you need to bite your tongue. They're despicable scare tactics, using a mock up of the courts logo to make these documents look official. What really grates on me, is for everyone on here who recognises these swindlers for what they are, loads more probably pay up without hesitation.