style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow that OK. So you have paid off the Council & Bailiffs all bar the £67-00 that remain, I assume you accepted the Council offer with no strings attached. Is there a chance of you paying this shortly, the reason for asking is that when everything is paid off you can then relax a little. You then have 6 years in which to gather your evidence. When all is paid you then need to ask the Council for a statement of this account & that should then show what you have paid towards both your outstanding Council Tax & what they have then paid to the Bailiff. If they argue the toss over this it is a simple matter of issuing them with a subject access request. You then compare the Council's payment to the Bailiff with the Breakdown of their Fees that you received. At present I would do nothing about the letter you have from Rottendales - yet!

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes i will be doing in full next week wanted to pay it off then reclaim i think its totally different story when ur backs against the wall i now get full ct relief due to not knowing certain benefits were not classed as income ie dla and child benefit so my pcn and her team looked into it for me and found out we qualified, if only i has known this for 09/10 tax year wouldnt have had this problem

yes i will be doing in full next week wanted to pay it off then reclaim i think its totally different story when ur backs against the wall i now get full ct relief due to not knowing certain benefits were not classed as income ie dla and child benefit so my pcn and her team looked into it for me and found out we qualified, if only i has known this for 09/10 tax year wouldnt have had this problem

Can they not try to reclaim retrospectively for you. May well be worth trying to see if there is a Welfare Rights Adviser - usually through the Council & I would assume yours do have more than one, the Council do have discretion to backdate further than they state.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

council agree with rossers thats my problem lol, basically i tried backdating it for 3 months and i appealed on the grounds of my depression and money and that sort of thing but they retaliated by saying my husband wasnt so he would have been of clear mind to claim prior to finding out so that was a no go and to be honest just was happy to get any help