style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers hallowitch paid off my ct liabilty in full just got the fees to deal with a re vist from them saw the file whilst at the council today 110 van visit and 60 waiting time long and winded story but if you check out my threads you might get the fuller picture lol:-D

no they say i have to pay the council to pay it off ive refused just paid the liabilty till i no i can prove its wrong i asked time and time again to him are you sure your not paying a bit off then paying them off dont want to still owe on the liabilty

he was a nightmare reading through my notes basically i told him the fees were wrong as they turned up again knowing i was a vunerable household and then he started saying no your not that medication your taking isnt for depression (it is) you dont take enough of it ???? nearly lost it i told him i was going to refuse to speak to him and put a complaint in he was constantly smirking at me how the heck does he know and how does he know what my life is like mental illness is not visable i told him very angry hes really put me on a downer

Sorry I'm a little confused now.

Is the Bailiff saying you have to the Council?

If the Council are saying it then something does not appear quite right. The Council are obliged to pay the Bailiff fees first, once these are paid then anything extra comes off your account. However not all Councils do pay the Bailiffs and leave it to the "debtor" to deal with the Bailiffs direct. I think it may pay you to ask the Council to provide you with a statement of your account, also without going back to your original thread did you ever receive a breakdown of the charges the Bailiff administered.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi yes the council have added there fees to the account and said i have to pay the council for the bailiff fees apparantly rossendales sent the council an invoice??? so basically your saying whatever i have paid to the council there fees have been paid first?

when it all started the first visit 2009 he did a wpo this is where it gets confusing i started paying rossers an unaffordable sum and they wouldnt accept anything lower so i started looking into things on here and was advised by u lovely caggers that i was deemed bunerable so got in touch mp chief exec and got it taken back by the council, never heard of anything more on the rossers fees, why should i when the council had given me the liabilty amount i was happily paying installment to the council and my husband got sick and we were short one month so i emailed the head of finance(lovely lady had montly emails asking how i was and if i got into difficulty contact her) so i did got an out of office reply, i forgot about it the next week i have them knocking on my door again really bolshy woman but i stood my ground.. she said she had the old levy didnt stop her trying to look thru the blinds then she said when she wasnt getting anywhere im gonna have to take your car so to my delight told her there was a charge on it and showed her the documentation.. so i rang the council back up they took it back again due to the fact that the head of finance woman who i had been dealing with due to concil cuts and left and not explained the situation forward concil worker said i would have to pay rossers fees so i said i would be looking more into it coz i dont think there right she said fine we arranged a payment plan which i kept, until yesterday i was in a position to pay off the liabilty in full and thats where were at now

hi just an update i have recieved a breakdown of charges from rossendales and it clearly states £60.00 waiting fee on 25th november, looks like we might be getting somewhere, is there anywhere on here that states the guidelines that they cannot do this as i have an appointment with the big chief tomorow, as i have been called in to make a statement over the way the clerk dealt and spoke to me tomorow i want to be clear and concise about my argument, thanks in advance

can you list your bailiff charges including dates

In my opinion your levy is invalid

1) the goods levied would not cover all bailiff fees removal fee storage fees auction fees and a substantial portion of the debt

how old are your kids (the ones who own the lappy and PC) are the telly's new/old style

hi hallowitch the kids with the lappy and pc are 14 and 15 the tv unfortunately got broke(whoops) my son hit accidentially with his games remote and its sat here smashed lol and now i would say is 4 years old whats the percentage that goods need to gain at auction?

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please find below a breakdown of fee incurred.

31st July 2009 – £1,319.07 debt received from Local Authority

11th August 2009 - £12.00 walking possession

11th August 2009 - £61.00 levy fee

15th September 2009 - £0.80 debit card payment fee

12th February 2010 - £110.00 van attendance fee

25th November 2010 - £60.00 waiting fee

the council say ii owe them £170.00 for some reason the wpo and levy are not on??

the TV unfortunately got broke(whoops) :lol:

t.v computer(my sons which is 2nd hand given by a friend) a freeview box another tv and a 2nd hand laptop(my daughters again same friend gave her that) and a very basic £25 quid effort of a dvd player,

I think its x10 if the debt is £1000 they should try to levy goods to the value of £10K

I don't know if its possible for children to claim there goods by statutory declaration also could they be exempt from levy because they are used for there education

regardless of the above i don't think the levy is valid because the goods wouldn't cover the fees never mind anything else

I'm not knocking your goods but remember the goods have to be sold at auction I have a PC that is windows xp i think its a good speck was top of the range when bought i only used it for about 2months (if that) before hubby bought a laptop Ive never used it from then but ill bet i wouldn't get more than a £100 for it

shame isnt it haha gutted at the time but its broke simples lol, ive got wuite a bit of ammunition against both parties(rossers and council) as far as im concerned council is fully paid off and il make sure i get a letter confirming that as well and il duly send that off to rossers tomorow... as for mr council employee i get the feeling from the phonecall off ceo secretary today hes up the creek without a paddle. deary deary me:-D

nope thats just the one liabilty, total 1319 that includes 71 liabilty order cost and yes posh area lol, im assuming the rossers have taken there levy fee and wpo fee after doing the maths which has left 110 can and 60 waiting the payments i made to rossers were 100 on the spot and another 435 then it got took back to the council ?? il have to get a full payment summary from the council tomorow i think coz i think ive been royaly ripped off