Welcome Finance unknown CCJ from 2007, now a charging order from Cohens

marshma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently under an ongoing battle with Welcome finance and their solicitors (Howard & Cohen) They have a ccj against me but it was done and I had no idea until at least a year after it was done. I have been trying to get information from welcome and their solicitors since late 2009, the solicitors recently called me to say they were getting a charging order on my house, they haven't sent this in writing. How do I find out if they are actually doing this, will i get some paperwork from the court/sols etc? thanks in advance

Welcome Finance have recentley had a warning from the OFT for their use of charging orders.

Complain to the OFT - and tell Welcome that you will defend any attempt toget a CO - and that you are reporting them to the OFT.

Yes they do have to tell you - you would receive paperwork from the courts and have right to challenge it.

When did they get the CCJ against you?

How was you ordered to make payments by the court?

When did you originaly get the loan with welcome.

Marsha - you may have grounds for a set aside of the original judgement if you did not receive paperwork.

With it being a welcome account it would probably have been dodgy.

Did you have any Insurances such as PPI etc added to the loan?

Did you arange finance yourself or was it through a broker?

Marsha - you may have grounds for a set aside of the original judgement if you did not receive paperwork.

With it being a welcome account it would probably have been dodgy.

Did you have any Insurances such as PPI etc added to the loan?

Did you arange finance yourself or was it through a broker?

Hi dadofholly

This was a car credit agreement and yes all kinds of insurances were added. I bought it from a car dealer and used Welcome for the finance so didn't physically go to Welcome

Welcome Finance have recentley had a warning from the OFT for their use of charging orders.

Complain to the OFT - and tell Welcome that you will defend any attempt toget a CO - and that you are reporting them to the OFT.

Yes they do have to tell you - you would receive paperwork from the courts and have right to challenge it.

When did they get the CCJ against you?

How was you ordered to make payments by the court?

When did you originaly get the loan with welcome.

The ccj was back in 2007, i didnt know it was there so have no idea regarding the payments.

I have no paperwork whatsoever, welcome have never sent me details or the payments the court ordered neither have their solicitors.

It was a car i got through Welcome car finance back in 2006,

it was faulty so i told them to take the car back (had major major problems)

I doubt you was - if it is not stated on any of the paperwork. If you was not told then their could be a case of undeclared commission payments - which does not help their case.

Do as BA has suggested regards contacting court etc. You may be able to get original judgement set aside.

Would be interesting to see what comes back from Welcome for the SAR.

If the car dealer is still in business it would also be worth sending them an SAR - but not the standard one - if they still trade let me know and i will sort out one i used for a broker for you to use.

I have called the court that issued the ccj against me back in 2007 for a copy and they said they haven't got it

and it was sent to keighley court,

I then called Keighley court and they say they don't have it and all the information

they have is my name, address and the amount

I need a copy of the ccj and I am still waiting for Welcome to send me a copy of everything they have on me

but I would still rather have a copy of the ccj from the court mainly so I know it is a true copy

Do you think I should write to the courts regarding this or does anyone else have any other ideas

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I know you said you phoned and were told they did not have one but the court that issued the CCJ should have a copy, I'd write to them asking for one.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

Don't think there's a template, it's not something I know much about, I had a look on other sites but did'nt find much.

It would be good to know how you get on, I would doubt Welcome would have a copy.

Hi, obviously I know I have to wait to see if Welcome actually reply to me this time.

If I do then what next.

I seem to have been arguing with Welcome forever and it has really worn me down.

I bought a car from a dealer in 2006,

very dangerous so i called welcome and they were more than helpful at that time.

Told me they would collect the car and it would all be cancelled etc.

They took ages collecting the car and I was always promised paperwork,

i wrote to them/ called them etc but nothing.

Then I get refused for credit and find a ccj on my credit file for £15k.

I have asked Welcome numerous times for a copy of my file they have ignored me

they just send me statements every 6 months.

I then get solicitors harassing me , saying they will get a charging order on my house etc.

I have also wrote to them and asked them to put legal proceedings on hold

whilst their client sends me all information they have on me. I bet they don't

Do you have any paperwork regarding the CCJ.

You can find out where and when the CCJ was awarded.

Welcome have been pretty sneaky in the past by sending court letters to a previous address so they get the judgement by default.

If you can find these details out you could then apply for the CCJ to be set aside.

If you manage to get the CCJ set aside then you would be able to defend your self properly.

If they haven't responded to your request and you have proof (if you sent recorded) you can then complain to the FOS.

Hope you get this sorted

JJ

The only reason I found out I had a ccj was because I got a copy of my credit report. Also find it very weird that when Welcome's solicitors contact me they have never ever made reference to the ccj

I spoke to Keighley county court last week regarding Welcome finance's solicitors

telling me they have a final charging order on my property.

Keighley county court say that no action has been taken against me in their court.

I had a massive clean of the house today and found the letter from the solicitors (Howard Cohen)

dated November last year saying they have got the charging order.

I am going to call the court again tomorrow and read them the letter and see what they say.

I have never ever received any paperwork from a court regarding a charging order,

same way as I never got paperwork for the ccj Welcome got against me in the first place.

How can they get away with this?