Nip issued after 14 days - please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to you all.

I recieved a NIP in the post this weekend that was Rubber Stamped saying that it was sent by 1st class post on 26th January 2011.

The NIP was for a speeding offence, I was caught by a mobile camera on 11th January 2011.

It seems to me that they have not issued the Nip within 14 days which i believe they are supposed to do.

I do have a lease car, but have had it for 2 years since new, and I am the registered keeper.

What should I do. Please help.

...that was Rubber Stamped saying that it was sent by 1st class post on 26th January 2011.

Presumably that was the envelope.

Also presumably it is a franked mark put on in their own office sooner than by Royal Mail's receiving Sorting Office, after (possibly) sitting in a letterbox overnight.

Either way, keep it safe - and follow the advice on this forum and the link.

Maybe send them a photocopy of it when responding, if you want the matter closed ASAP.

However if you enjoy causing them work for no result, keep it back as proof that it was sent out of time for later!

Presumably that was the envelope.

Also presumably it is a franked mark put on in their own office sooner than by Royal Mail's receiving Sorting Office, after (possibly) sitting in a letterbox overnight.

Either way, keep it safe - and follow the advice on this forum and the link.

Maybe send them a photocopy of it when responding, if you want the matter closed ASAP.

However if you enjoy causing them work for no result, keep it back as proof that it was sent out of time for later!

No, it was the date of the NIP Itself,

There was also a rubber stamp with a signature on the NIP stating:

I HEREBY CONFIRM THAT THIS DOCUMENT HAS BEEN SENT BY 1ST CLASS POST ON 26TH JAN 2011 (CENTRAL PROCESS OFFICE)

My main concern is could they have sent an earlier NIP to the LEASE company to get my details (i dont think they have, but how would i know)

Thanks

From you first post:

I

do have a lease car, but have had it for 2 years since new, and I am the registered keeper.

Is it just your name and address on the V5 registration document?

If so you will be the first to receive an NiP.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

I don't have the v5, so I don't know:(

If you dont have the registration document it is probably registered to the lease company. If this is the case they wil have received the first NiP within the Statutory time limits and responded with your details. You need to check to be certain but it looks that way to me.

Crem, Motability do this as well, they hold the V5 but you are marked as the registered keeper

Thats not possible the DVLA will send the V5 to the person named as the keeper on the V5 unless the keeper states their address is the lease co/motability it will be sent to their home. The owner cannot tell the DVLA to send them the V5 the system is automated and it just goes to the keeper. It is more likely that the company are the registered keeper at DVLA and liability for any fines etc is transfered by the lease/hire agreement.

Thats not possible the DVLA will send the V5 to the person named as the keeper on the V5 unless the keeper states their address is the lease co/motability it will be sent to their home. The owner cannot tell the DVLA to send them the V5 the system is automated and it just goes to the keeper. It is more likely that the company are the registered keeper at DVLA and liability for any fines etc is transfered by the lease/hire agreement.

G & M, I have a motability car and do not have the V5 doc, when one of these PPC's issue their invoices reminders are sent to me at my home address and not motability, I assume that they have picked up my details from DVLA

or from motability!

I wondered about that but the time from invoice to reminder was too quick as I have another car which is not motability which has had a number of invoices from the same PPC and timescales have been exactly the same

Thats not possible the DVLA will send the V5 to the person named as the keeper on the V5 unless the keeper states their address is the lease co/motability.

As I understand it, Motability vehicles are registered in the keeper's name, c/o Motability, at Motability's address.

There is this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?291181-registered-wrongly-as-keeper-for-my-daughters-mobility-parking-fines-not-mine.

Where the OP didn't realise that he was the registered keeper of his daughter's Motability car.

I have spoken with the lease company today, and they said that they are the registered keeper of the vehicle and have confirmed that they recieved a NIP on 21st January (10 DAYS AFTER THE EVENT) So im screwed.

I am however positive that the reading of the speed gun is way off, due to my normal driving habits, there is no way I would have been going that fast. The NIP SAYS I WAS GOING 79 IN A 50 ZONE. I remember seeing the van on the day in question and checking my speed, it was about 55 admitidly but i had a bad feeling that the limit had changed to 40 (thats why i remember it so clearly).

What would any of you suggest i do, i already have 6 points on my lisence and another 6 would mean a ban i think, seems unfair if i wasnt even going that fast.

Do people win?

From what I have heard, anyone who challanges, ends up losing anyway and gets an even heavier penalty.

I have so many questions, and not sure if i can afford a solicitor - how much do they cost?

Is it worth arguing

Will i be banned?

Im very scared that i might be banned and lose my job

Do people win?

From what I have heard, anyone who challanges, ends up losing anyway and gets an even heavier penalty.

I have so many questions, and not sure if i can afford a solicitor - how much do they cost?

Is it worth arguing

Will i be banned?

Im very scared that i might be banned and lose my job

If money is easy to come by you could have a word with Mr Loophole AKA Nick Freeman. It will cost a grand just for him to have a look.

does anyone else have any ideas or info?

Perhaps start a new thread with a title more appropriate to the problem as it now is.

Such as 'Disputing speed' 'Alleged speed far too high' or that sort of thing.

That should bring out the experts of that aspect, sooner than NIPs.

Good luck.

Do people win? ... From what I have heard, anyone who challanges, ends up losing anyway and gets an even heavier penalty.

Yes people do win, in about 22% of cases, according to an FOI request I made.

I've personally challenged 24 alleged speeding offences, and either won in court, or had the proceedings discontinued, on 20 of those 24 occasions - 3 were mine, the rest were on behalf of others. You can read about some of them under the username "bargepole" on the Pepipoo forums.

It's a long hard battle, and requires a lot of research. Your first move should be to write back to the camera unit, asking for copies of photographs "to help with driver identification" - do not use words like "evidence" or "proof".

If they send you those, post scrubbed copies on pepipoo, and you will be advised whether it's worth challenging in court.