Moorcroft - No Agreement

manwest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just picked up a call on my home phone from Moorcroft (by mistake). Told them straight away I will only deal with them through letters so I have proof of what is being said. The lady then told me to confirm my address and post code and she would tell me why she was calling.... Again I repeated that I would only deal with them through letters. The lady then told me that as I hadn't replied to their last letter (which I posted on here) they would send out one more letter to me then they would start a litergation against me. That's where I ended the call. Should I be worried?

You should simply respond to any further calls by replacing the handset! It's simple, the reason why she wanted you to confirm those details was so she could spout blatant mistruths from her toothless mouth in an attempt to a) threaten and worry you (which she succeeded) and b) attempt to increase her commission by extorting money off you.

If they ring again, just laugh at them down the phone, even better have a recording of the laughing policeman on standby and play that down the handset to them, as they're still at school they will probably sing along!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just got ANOTHER letter from Moorcroft - This one states ...... "Despite our letters to you, you have defaulted on the agreement. As a result of this your account has now been passed to our home collections division for action. This may involve our local representative calling at your home address within the next few days to try to assist you and to seek to establish how you propose to settle the balance outstanding. If no satisfactory agreement is made with us you may leave us with no alternative but to recommend to our client that solicitors commence legal proceedings against you without further notice.

Surely that can't turn up at my house when i'm still waiting for the agreement they can't produce and a breakdown on payments made? I have noticed the letter does use the words MAY INVOLVE and MAY LEAVE US. Really don't want people at my home.

Relax, no one is going to come and collect your house, just the same as they don't go around collecting peoples doorsteps!

Those letters were first dreamt up in the late 70's when they employed proper knuckle dragging cavemen who turned up at your house with a baseball bat, unfortunately the level of education of these DCA's haven't altered in the past 4 decades and they still think we all believe in Father Christmas.

No one will turn up, they don't have anyone old enough to drive, least of all have the money to put petrol in their jam jar! On the extreme blue moon, print this off and hand it to them before slamming the door in their pot marked face.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members.

I would welcome any uneducated fool knocking on my door trying to demand money.....:boxing:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 weeks later...

After Moorcroft returning my £1 postal order and stating in a letter that they cannot produce an agreement I have just had a knock at my door.... luckily my husband answered as it was a man from Moorcroft! My husband said I wasn't in and he left a card stating he'd be back on Wednesday night. Worried now as I didn't think they could do this. I'm the only one in Wednesday and do not want someone turning up on my door. How can I stop this?

You MUST remember that this is YOUR property, YOU call the shots, NOT them, if this uneducated fool steps onto YOUR property on Wednesday, tell them they have 10 seconds to get off your property or you will call the police and have them removed, ignore ANYTHING this fool might say back to you, they have NO LEGAL powers or rights to be on ANYONE'S property demanding money that they cannot legally collect.

If the fool does not leave, or sits outside in a car watching your property, then ring the Police 999 and state that you either have someone on your property that will not leave when told to do so, and you believe they will cause a breach of the peace, OR, that there is someone sat outside your property watching it, you are a lone female and you feel threatened.

I absolutely guarantee, that any female ringing 999 reporting a male on their property failing to leave, or watching their home, will receive an immediate response.

Print this off and keep it in an envelope by the front door, give it to any mug calling as well as giving them their marching orders.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

There is NOTHING to fear, they should be treated exactly the same as if a local beggar knocked on your door and demanded money from you, these DCA's have absolutely NO LEGAL powers at all, they are NOT bailiffs, they are using a very outdated method of intimidation and blackmail.

A complaint to the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact and one to your local MP http://www.writetothem.com/

TBH if you are that concerned, have a word with your local Police station and ask for their advice, if nothing else, they will be aware that if a 999 call comes through for your address, they will be forewarned and will know exactly what to expect.

Hi Bazooka Boo,

Thanks for your advice. I've sent Consumerdirect an email so hopefully I get a reply soon. My husband is making sure he's here on Wednesday to hand him the letter. Should I send Moorcroft another letter? Also can the man carry on visiting my house after he has been given the letter on Wednesday?

I appreciate all your help :-)

It matters not one jot if they take heed of your letter or not, you simply WILL NOT entertain there uneducated fools on your doorstep, whatever they wish to say, can be committed in writing, if he does turn up, take a photograph of him then shut the door.

• 4 weeks later...

I am in a very similar situation with Moorcroft, they replied to original CCA request stating do not have info etc and followed up with similar letters to those described. A doorstep collector arrived on Wednesday 6th April at 8.30 pm and was sent away with a flea in her ear. Have sent "doorstep" letter to Moorcroft and now have copy to pass to anyone else who thinks they have the right to ring my bell (wasn't that a song?). I have amended this slightly re the date as follows.

Moorcroft Group (or agent(s) acting therefore)

2 Spring Gardens

Stockport

SK1 4AJ

Date as trespass

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re:− Client Reference Number

Moorcroft Reference –

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing.

You arranged a doorstep call on 6th April 2011 at 8.30pm and attempted to repeat this today. Please be advised that under OFT rules you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied licence under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke licence under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so in future, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I sent a CCA request to Moorcroft (regarding Egg) back in February 2011 and had it returned with the £1 postal order saying their client couldn't supply the details at this time. After a few more letters and knocks on door I didn't hear anymore from them until the beginning of 2012 when I received a letter from Arrow stating the debt had been passed to them. I replied with a letter stating that I still hadn't had a reply from my previous CCA request I had sent to Moorcroft and received a letter back stating that they had returned the account back to their client. On 14th March I have received a letter from ME III 'This letter is notification that we, ME III Limited have had assigned to us all right, title, interest and benefit in the debts due in relation to the account previously owed to Arrow'. It then goes on to stated that i need to call to arrange payment. I had some great support and advice on here before as you'll from the previous posts above and I was hoping someone may be able to give me some more advice on what I should do now? Do I need to send another CCA request as it has been 2 years since the first was sent back?

Thank you for any help you can give me.