Trying to get my other halfs car back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey ho

Long story but i got two parking fines, received one letter from the council and then moved house, 9 months later having got no further notification i had a hand delivered letter from a balliff for 900 and odd quid, i phoned the company and the council and the court (northampton) asked for late dec forms and sent them off, today the same balliff came and took my partners car didnt give me any paperwork and told me he didnt need to give me a reciept, where do i stand.:?:

Hey ho

Long story but i got two parking fines, received one letter from the council and then moved house, 9 months later having got no further notification i had a hand delivered letter from a balliff for 900 and odd quid, i phoned the company and the council and the court (northampton) asked for late dec forms and sent them off, today the same balliff came and took my partners car didnt give me any paperwork and told me he didnt need to give me a reciept, where do i stand.:?:

Did he show you any ID, have you checked to see if he Certificated, did he give you any paperwork at all? If the answers are no I would report your vehicle as stolen and inform both Council & TEC in the morning of developments.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whos name is the registered in ...if its in your name he can take it if not he cant. You need to bear in mind it is an offence to fail to notify dvla of a change of address which can incurr a fine of up to £2000 I think. They will state that had you changed the details on your log book you would have recieved the paperwork...I would imagine on that basis they will refuse your stat dec but its worth a try.

Whos name is the registered in ...if its in your name he can take it if not he cant. You need to bear in mind it is an offence to fail to notify dvla of a change of address which can incurr a fine of up to £2000 I think. They will state that had you changed the details on your log book you would have recieved the paperwork...I would imagine on that basis they will refuse your stat dec but its worth a try.

Thanks for speedy response

The car is still in the previous owner name since my partner bought it, it was bought after we moved he said he could take it because i was a named driver on the insurance

he gave me a quick flash of the card, i am afraid im a bit wet behind the ears when it comes to this so no i havent checked him, i asked if i cold make arrangements but he refused, and he didnt give me any paperwork the first i knew of balliff action was the hand delivered letter, should i not have been given more notification?

He has taken the car illegally contact the bailiff and demand the vehicle back if they fail to do so report it as stolen os as taken without the owners consent. you could be named on anyones insurance thay cant take there care either. You also should ask for compensation and make a complaint to the council about the bailiff.

He is 100% in the wrong.

You can report the car stolen as a registration certificate does not prove ownership ...as you are in control of the car you can report the same way you would if you had a hire car that was stolen. Ultimately you need to demand the keys back and if they try to remove it call the poilce.

You can report the car stolen as a registration certificate does not prove ownership ...as you are in control of the car you can report the same way you would if you had a hire car that was stolen. Ultimately you need to demand the keys back and if they try to remove it call the poilce.

The police were here when he took it! I've contacted the previous keeper who says he will give me a copy of the reciept showing it isnt mine, who do i complain to about his actions?

Hey ho

Long story but i got two parking fines, received one letter from the council and then moved house, 9 months later having got no further notification i had a hand delivered letter from a balliff for 900 and odd quid, i phoned the company and the council and the court (northampton) asked for late dec forms and sent them off, today the same balliff came and took my partners car didnt give me any paperwork and told me he didnt need to give me a reciept, where do i stand.
:?:

I've just checked onine and it appears the bailiff in question is not on the certified bailiff list, and the only number on the original letter i recieved is a mobile number! I intened to complain to the council as he is an agent of theres and ultimatley i hold them culpable for his actions is that the right way to go?

Speaking to the council and courts this morning after bailiffs took my partners car on thursday, i've discovered that one stat dec has been rejected and the other is being looked into, the council are useless and are telling me they can't deal with it! how do i get some sense out of them i have docs to say car isn't mine and don't wish to speak to the bailiff personally should i just report the car as stolen twoc?

Hope someone can help:-(

Speaking to the council and courts this morning after bailiffs took my partners car on thursday, i've discovered that one stat dec has been rejected and the other is being looked into, the council are useless and are telling me they can't deal with it! how do i get some sense out of them i have docs to say car isn't mine and don't wish to speak to the bailiff personally should i just report the car as stolen twoc?

Hope someone can help:-(

Can you provide some more details. is this to do with council tax or a parking ticket.

Can you also provide more info regarding the stat dec.

Can you provide some more details. is this to do with council tax or a parking ticket.

The OP said:

Hey ho

Long story but i got two parking fines,

This is an invalid levy because the goods seized do not belong to the debtor.

The keeper can replace the car like for like and charge the sales invoice along with tank of fuel, insurance & other related losses to the council. The most reliable route to reclaim damages is via the Civil Procedure Rules i.e. the County Court.

If the car is later returned, then the net auction value is deducted from the claim and the council then pays the balance.

It is up to the council whether it chooses to re-charge the liability on to the bailiff or make a claim from the bailiffs bond on the grounds of invalid levy. That is not the RK's problem.

Charge for everything and get receipts for it all.

Professional property investor and conveyancer

Can you also provide more info regarding the stat dec.

Its for a parking fine, i filed stat dec because i had moved address and received one letter from the council which i dont think is adequet

Hi all ,

i just found out yesterday evening my car was clamped . I called baillif and he said he has'nt got any paper work with him now,will speak tomorrow but did tell me it was parking fine .as i recall, one pcn was issued back in 2008 which i appealed against . Then suddenly i lost the job and my rented accomdation was repossed as landlord was not paying the morgadge . I was on jsk and my agent kept me moving to different accomodation since they all were tempoarory accomodation so i didnt change my adress . Since then nothing was heard from council ,if my appeal was approved or rejected . Now i got my car clamped with distress notice . Im in panic situation if bailiff demanded the money have to pay otherwise it will be towed away . How i can stop this bailiff and prove that i never was served with any statutory notices which i could have responded in time . Before bailiff will take my car away . I need quick advice please