capquest statutory demand help!! postggj

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is now realy going to sound strange

on the sd will be a number for you to phone for the creditor

phone that number and ask, is that barry davies

if not, if its a phone drone or they start asking for your details then

put the phone down, dont get into any conversation

with hold your phone number when you call

do it now

we dont call our mr davies ghost for nothing

IF BY A DEVINE INTERVENTION HE DOES ANSWER JUST STATE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR THE SD TO BE SET ASIDE

ok ive done that

the guy asked for a reference i said i dont have one he asked for a postcode and i said im on a mobile and asked to be put through

he said he cant put me through unless he knows who's calling

i asked a couple more times and he refused so i said ok and hung up

... on the 20th july 2009 saying they had sold my balance to direct legal-dti's then on the 24th august 2009 i received a letter from capquest saying they had bought...

surely that is another piece of ammo - if the OC has provided a "notice of assignment" saying one DCA yet another is claiming ownership, surely the second DCA has no cause of action? ;)

H

I received one over six months ago and ignored it and nothing has happened. All I got were a couple of letters six months ago saying one of thier agents would call to my house but so far not a thing has happened. In other words I called thier bluff which seems to have worked. I am not suggesting thay you do this but I have found that these companies try to bully people into paying, and I always hated bullies.

Received a reply from capquest today

It says

Thank you for your correspondence

We can confirm we have requested a copy of agreement and this will be forwarded to you when received

Please find attached notice of assignment

The assignment is a copy of a letter they previously sent me not from MBNA like i would have thought it would have to be?

I'm in the same boat. Old debt from 1998, Barclaycard. I haven't paid anything in more than 6 years. Been hounded by Capquest and they have also tried to find out about me from neighbours, who now don't talk to me.

The latest letter from Capquest states that a Statutory Demand will be issued on 12th Feb.

Do I need to send the Statutory Barred letter or CCA letter first ?

They say I owe £2500

My situation.

I rent, have virtually no assets apart from a cheap car. My work has recently dried up. I am single.

I have therefore given up my rented flat, and I move out before 12th Feb. I intend to move overseas permanently. The flat owner already has another tenant to move in mid Feb.

Therefore, should I still send these letters as if they proceed they won't have an address to serve me.

Thanks for your help

Tom