• Tweets

• The important thing to know is that MET - although they will send you threat after threat about how they will divert a drone from Ukraine and make it fall on your home - hardly ever do court. Even in the very small number of cases where they send court papers, if the Cagger defends, they drop the matter before the hearing.  They have no real intention of putting their rubbish claim before a judge.  The aim is to find motorists who are terrified of the idea of going to court and who will give in when the court papers arrive. Thanks for doing the sticky and well done on finding F18's thread.  Do what they did.  On the first page - I think post 19 - there is the address of the CEO of BP.  Write to them, lay it on thick about being genuine customers in the various premises, mention the small kids, the very short stay time, attach any proof of purchase - and request that they get the invoice cancelled.
    • Thank you for that, I have obviously already been convicted so I think the appeal lodged is for the previous offence? Sorry if that doesn’t make sense. I suppose my only concern is that weds I go there and they don’t let a stat dec happen. If they do then as you say and solicitor says it’s highly likely I’ll be happy with the outcome. But I’m being told there’s no guarantee for the stat dec to be hard Weds as that’s not what the hearing is proposed for. Solicitor has stated that you can put a stat dec before a magistrates at any time so it shouldn’t be a problem.   
    • I re-read the extract from your  solicitor's letter this morning and think I might understand what they have in mind. I believe (and it’s only a guess) their strategy is this: 1.    You will make your SD 2.    You will enter fresh pleas to the four charges (not guilty) but will offer to plead guilty to speeding on the understanding that the FtP charges are dropped. 3.    If this is accepted they will attempt to argue that the two offences were committed “on the same occasion” 4.    You will be sentenced for those two offences (the sentence depending on whether the “same occasion” argument succeeds). They also have a plan in the event that your offer at (2) is unsuccessful and you are convicted again of the 2xFtP charges (and so face disqualification under “totting up”): 5.    They will make an “exceptional hardship” argument to avoid a ban. 6.    If that is unsuccessful they have already lodged an appeal in the Crown Court against that decision. (This is the only “appeal” I can think of). 7.    They plan to ask the court to suspend your ban pending that appeal. If I’m correct, I’m surprised the Crown Court has agreed to accept a speculative appeal (against something that hasn’t happened). The solicitor says this is to lodge it within the normal timescales. But you will have 21 days from the date of your conviction (which will be next Wednesday) to lodge an appeal with the Crown Court, so there is no need for a speculative appeal. I have to say that an application to have your ban suspended pending an appeal is unlikely to succeed. The Magistrates Court is unlikely to agree to it for one very good reason: if they make such an order (suspending your ban until your appeal is heard), all you need to do is not to pursue the appeal and the Magistrates order suspending your ban will remain in place. Hey Presto! No ban and no need for you to trouble with an appeal. Perhaps he will ask for your ban to be suspended for (say) three months or until your appeal is heard (whichever occurs first). This potentially creates a problem because if your appeal is not heard in that time either your ban will kick in or you will have o go back to court to get the suspension extended. But the solicitor obviously knows more about these things than I do. I would want to be very clear about this solicitor’s fees and what he proposes to charge you for. As I said, there is absolutely no need to lodge an appeal with the Crown Court. That can be done if and when it becomes required. But I am still firmly of the opinion that it is overwhelmingly likely that you will not need to progress beyond point 2 above. Point 3 is optional and I don’t know whether he solicitor has made It clear to you that the only thing you will avoid in the event of success is three penalty points. You will still be fined for the second offence and your driving record will still be endorsed with the details, but no penalty points will be imposed. Do let us know how it goes.  
    • I'm really trying, but worst case I can't find what are my options?
    • John Lewis' Privacy Notice states that their CCTV Systems does not use facial recognition or collect biometric data - so I assume it should be fine?    Thank you a lot for your reply. I've scheduled my first therapy session ne t week. Really the time to turn my life around..
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

When should I contact my PDL's re payment agreements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sillygirl/Jamie

Would you guys mind if I PM's you a copy of my I.E. Form. It's kinda difficult doing it without hubby's wages as we normally lump our money together every month and the bills are paid out of one account. I've tried to divide things between OH earns more than me so not sure how to do this fairly. Sorry for being a pain!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better discussing the situation with them. The will try and bully you into paying ASAP and ask for you're new debit card details ect. Do not give them this information. advise them if any payment plan was to be set up that you will instruct YOU'RE bank to set up a standing order. DO NOT give them you're bank details. They will continually try and take payments and cause you lot's of bank charges.

There has been a recent increase in the number of complaints made against payday lenders. These include unauthorised payments being taken from their accounts and heavy handed collections tactics. If you are being pressured to pay monies you can't afford you can get free help at the Citizens Advice Bureau. They will draw up a payment plan to repay you're creditors what you can afford. This is great but it doesn't stop the companies hounding you for you're any extra cash you might have. A useful tip to get these companies off you're back is when they call you, tell them that you want all contact telephone numbers removed from their system and you will only deal in written correspondence. Under OFT guidelines all these companies require is a valid UK address. if they give you the old term's and conditions speech, tell them that their T&C's are subordinate to OFT and UK law. Advise them any further contact will be reviewed as harassment and will be reported to the OFT. If the Payday lender continues to contact you keep times and dates and go to the OFT. My company offers a free service if you have any questions about this. contact us at: . or give us a call on 01294 608458. you will not receive any spam e-mail from us and I will answer any concerns you have directly. Don't let these guys get away with treating customers unfairly. If you feel have been treated unfairly, get in touch all our advice is free.

Thank you rangers, will do. Have also taken advice from sillygirl and sent off a simplified I.E. Form to WDA today, wheras they wanted me to fill out a longer one with my OH's income and outgoings! Thank you also for your contact number and advice it is very much appreciated. I do not intend to let these people bully me and if I have to I will go to Court and defend myself rather than pay their charges. Only thing is I'm exactly up to speed with rules/regulations and the law! (bit ignorant here I'm afraid). But a lot of the guys here on CAG are really knowledgable which helps enormously!

G x

G, sorry rangers, dont agree with you, as soon as you start with "remove my telephone numbers" this gets the sharks worked up for no reason, they are going to call but will not hound you if you answer every time, they only start to hound when people ignore, i learned that that hard way (first hand). once i got myself together looked around CAG and spoke to the lenders myself everything worked out quite nicely and am officially payday free! i didnt have to pay for any advice and didnt pass the blame onto someone else.

Just had an email from WDA - see below. They haven't agreed to freeze interest and there is a £36 set up fee. Also, I have closed my bank account so their DD Mandate will not go through. Any advice?

We will accept your offer of £46.88 for 3 months subject to review. Please be aware there is a £36 set up fee however this will be added to your balance. I will schedule the payments to be taken by direct debit.

if you can afford the payments then i would do it for the £36.00, in their defense they have agreed to split over 3 months. why dont you say you will pay the £36.00 over 4 months... what do you owe them and how much did you initially offer (sorry following too many threads)

Morning Jamie!

They have now agreed to freeze the interest and have sent me their bank details. I have agreed to pay £46.88 per month to be reviewed after 3 months. I owe them £375 which includes the interest plus the £36 set up charge. I will ask if I can pay the set up charge over 3 months as well.

Have also had emails from QQ and Payday Express to contact their offices via phone.

G x

Thank you Jamie! Have called QQ and asked them if they would accept £60 initially and then review (I owe them £726 which includes interest). They will only accept £182 per month which I cannot afford so they have advised me to call their collections office on Friday to see what they can do for me.

24/7 Moneybox will only accept an initial payment of £50 plus £10 per week after that. If I don't pay then they will charge me £12 per every other day in charges! Will try and get the money together but doesn't look likely tbh. Any advice guys? Thanks

G

Tell them that you are reporting them to the OFT and Trading Standards for breaching debt collection guidelines, they are not supposed to charge you £12 every other day when you have made a repayment plan. They are not supposed to charge collection charges or file referral fees.

Keep emailing them your response and let them know the OFT and Trading Standards are being copied in on the emails.

Thanks Sillygirl - they won't accept a payment plan either. I offered to pay them over 4 months but they declined. The person I spoke to said they didn't receive my emails (I sent 2) and she wouldn't give me another email address in order for me to forward the previous 2 onto her. I sent the emails to [email protected] in reply to their email to me reminding me that I have a payment to make on Friday. I will email them again, shall I cc the email to oft or trading standards? - if so, do you know where I can get the email addresses for them? Many thanks!

G x

Gawd this is sooo stressful! Rang them again and managed to get their bank details. Talked them into accepting £25 on Friday plus £10 per week afterwards. I should be able to afford that this month as I expect a couple of others won't accept a payment plan. I owe £130 so shouldn't take too long to pay them off.

Morning guys

24/7 Moneybox have sent me their bank details. I will start paying them tomorrow; however, they have asked me to send them a screenshot of the transaction. Is this safe? If they get their hands on my new bank account details can they use them?

Cheers!

Glo x

Morning guys!

Can someone have a look at this for me - see below - I received it this morning from via email PTP. They also called me on my mobile and refused point blank to set up a payment plan unless I paid them an initial £100 which I haven't got. When i explained that I could only pay them £54 per month initially but could be reviewed in 3 months they said they could only do that via CCCS and once I had all the details to give them a call back and they will set something up for me. However, I want to self-administer my own payment plan. They are going to call me again on the 9th Feb. Any advice guys? Cheers, Glo x

Notice of Default Sums

Loan Agreement between you and Northway Financial Corporation Ltd

We are required to give you this notice under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to let you know that certain fees have been applied to your account with us due to your failure to repay your loan. Your account has the following default sum due: £59.00

This Notice does not take account of default sums which we have already told you about in another default sum notice, whether or not those sums remain unpaid.

We need to speak with you immediately. If you pay your outstanding balance within the next 5 days, we are willing to eliminate the £59.00 default sum.

NID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Loan Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Original Due Date: January 28, 2011

Default Sum: £59.00

Amount Owing: £649.90

Total Due as of Jan/28/2011 is £708.90