When should I contact my PDL's re payment agreements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sillygirl/Jamie

Would you guys mind if I PM's you a copy of my I.E. Form. It's kinda difficult doing it without hubby's wages as we normally lump our money together every month and the bills are paid out of one account. I've tried to divide things between OH earns more than me so not sure how to do this fairly. Sorry for being a pain!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better discussing the situation with them. The will try and bully you into paying ASAP and ask for you're new debit card details ect. Do not give them this information. advise them if any payment plan was to be set up that you will instruct YOU'RE bank to set up a standing order. DO NOT give them you're bank details. They will continually try and take payments and cause you lot's of bank charges.

There has been a recent increase in the number of complaints made against payday lenders. These include unauthorised payments being taken from their accounts and heavy handed collections tactics. If you are being pressured to pay monies you can't afford you can get free help at the Citizens Advice Bureau. They will draw up a payment plan to repay you're creditors what you can afford. This is great but it doesn't stop the companies hounding you for you're any extra cash you might have. A useful tip to get these companies off you're back is when they call you, tell them that you want all contact telephone numbers removed from their system and you will only deal in written correspondence. Under OFT guidelines all these companies require is a valid UK address. if they give you the old term's and conditions speech, tell them that their T&C's are subordinate to OFT and UK law. Advise them any further contact will be reviewed as harassment and will be reported to the OFT. If the Payday lender continues to contact you keep times and dates and go to the OFT. My company offers a free service if you have any questions about this. contact us at: . or give us a call on 01294 608458. you will not receive any spam e-mail from us and I will answer any concerns you have directly. Don't let these guys get away with treating customers unfairly. If you feel have been treated unfairly, get in touch all our advice is free.

Thank you rangers, will do. Have also taken advice from sillygirl and sent off a simplified I.E. Form to WDA today, wheras they wanted me to fill out a longer one with my OH's income and outgoings! Thank you also for your contact number and advice it is very much appreciated. I do not intend to let these people bully me and if I have to I will go to Court and defend myself rather than pay their charges. Only thing is I'm exactly up to speed with rules/regulations and the law! (bit ignorant here I'm afraid). But a lot of the guys here on CAG are really knowledgable which helps enormously!

G x

G, sorry rangers, dont agree with you, as soon as you start with "remove my telephone numbers" this gets the sharks worked up for no reason, they are going to call but will not hound you if you answer every time, they only start to hound when people ignore, i learned that that hard way (first hand). once i got myself together looked around CAG and spoke to the lenders myself everything worked out quite nicely and am officially payday free! i didnt have to pay for any advice and didnt pass the blame onto someone else.

Just had an email from WDA - see below. They haven't agreed to freeze interest and there is a £36 set up fee. Also, I have closed my bank account so their DD Mandate will not go through. Any advice?

We will accept your offer of £46.88 for 3 months subject to review. Please be aware there is a £36 set up fee however this will be added to your balance. I will schedule the payments to be taken by direct debit.

if you can afford the payments then i would do it for the £36.00, in their defense they have agreed to split over 3 months. why dont you say you will pay the £36.00 over 4 months... what do you owe them and how much did you initially offer (sorry following too many threads)

Morning Jamie!

They have now agreed to freeze the interest and have sent me their bank details. I have agreed to pay £46.88 per month to be reviewed after 3 months. I owe them £375 which includes the interest plus the £36 set up charge. I will ask if I can pay the set up charge over 3 months as well.

Have also had emails from QQ and Payday Express to contact their offices via phone.

G x

Thank you Jamie! Have called QQ and asked them if they would accept £60 initially and then review (I owe them £726 which includes interest). They will only accept £182 per month which I cannot afford so they have advised me to call their collections office on Friday to see what they can do for me.

24/7 Moneybox will only accept an initial payment of £50 plus £10 per week after that. If I don't pay then they will charge me £12 per every other day in charges! Will try and get the money together but doesn't look likely tbh. Any advice guys? Thanks

G

Tell them that you are reporting them to the OFT and Trading Standards for breaching debt collection guidelines, they are not supposed to charge you £12 every other day when you have made a repayment plan. They are not supposed to charge collection charges or file referral fees.

Keep emailing them your response and let them know the OFT and Trading Standards are being copied in on the emails.

Thanks Sillygirl - they won't accept a payment plan either. I offered to pay them over 4 months but they declined. The person I spoke to said they didn't receive my emails (I sent 2) and she wouldn't give me another email address in order for me to forward the previous 2 onto her. I sent the emails to [email protected] in reply to their email to me reminding me that I have a payment to make on Friday. I will email them again, shall I cc the email to oft or trading standards? - if so, do you know where I can get the email addresses for them? Many thanks!

G x

Gawd this is sooo stressful! Rang them again and managed to get their bank details. Talked them into accepting £25 on Friday plus £10 per week afterwards. I should be able to afford that this month as I expect a couple of others won't accept a payment plan. I owe £130 so shouldn't take too long to pay them off.

Morning guys

24/7 Moneybox have sent me their bank details. I will start paying them tomorrow; however, they have asked me to send them a screenshot of the transaction. Is this safe? If they get their hands on my new bank account details can they use them?

Cheers!

Glo x

Morning guys!

Can someone have a look at this for me - see below - I received it this morning from via email PTP. They also called me on my mobile and refused point blank to set up a payment plan unless I paid them an initial £100 which I haven't got. When i explained that I could only pay them £54 per month initially but could be reviewed in 3 months they said they could only do that via CCCS and once I had all the details to give them a call back and they will set something up for me. However, I want to self-administer my own payment plan. They are going to call me again on the 9th Feb. Any advice guys? Cheers, Glo x

Notice of Default Sums

Loan Agreement between you and Northway Financial Corporation Ltd

We are required to give you this notice under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to let you know that certain fees have been applied to your account with us due to your failure to repay your loan. Your account has the following default sum due: £59.00

This Notice does not take account of default sums which we have already told you about in another default sum notice, whether or not those sums remain unpaid.

We need to speak with you immediately. If you pay your outstanding balance within the next 5 days, we are willing to eliminate the £59.00 default sum.

NID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Loan Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Original Due Date: January 28, 2011

Default Sum: £59.00

Amount Owing: £649.90

Total Due as of Jan/28/2011 is £708.90