currys sales tactics

meekmeek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

FIVES is not the brainwashing darren brown thing everyone thinks it is . fives if used properly without the store management involved is a shortcut questioning process to find out what is needed and what the customer prefers etc

its when the management get involved is where the pressure selling begins having 50% targets for specific items rather then a monetary target or a profit target

i have seen staff with customers buying a computer for photography avoid talking about photoshop/printers/cameras as it take to long

but at same time seem addiment that the customer needs norton and office spending 15 minutes counter objecting customers arguments

this is not a FIVES thing its a manager do it or get disciplined thing

now anyone looking to have your coputer serviced and repaired prepare for the 'know how' robotic chatter which should improve new staffs questioning but watch out for their techfriend push and objection overcoming as its a target

Pardon !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

imagine it fresh from secondary school or college guy gets a job at currys gets approached by a customer who wants a laptop

the guy has had no training at all so offers the customer a hp laptop as its a well known brand

now imagine he has had the fives training he would know to ask what the customer will use it for what brand the customer prefers and if they had a old one before would know what things to ensure it has and what things to avoid

eg customer having previous bad experience with a HP or knowing the customers would like a pink lid and a webcam built in because the lastone broke as they tripped over the cord of the external plug in webcam of old laptop

so fives is better IF USED CORRECTLY

but having manager specific targets on specific products and a timescale to achieve it in is where the problems arrise

imagine it if it happened at a car showroom the sales guy is targeted to sell a specific brand of alloy wheels with the car and a neon spoiler

an old couple come in wanting a bog standard car will the sales guy ask if the customer wanted an enhanced speaker for the satnav as old age has affected his hearing or tell him about the extra grip the alloys tyres will give him and how the spoiler will help the air flow of car to control it better

sales guys should not be set specific product targets but just a sales and profit target who knows by not talking about the alloys and spoiler may actually have got the old guy to trust the salesman enough to of taken the extra speaker support for satnav

the first aid and cold weather emergency kits and the disability aided/assisted automatic door opening mechanism for his disabled wife which the sales guy would have learned if given the time to ask the FIVES questions and not rush into the alloy - spoiler chatter

so many times more money can be made just asking the customer what they like why they like it if they experienced something similar before what theyd change or keep

yes i personally hate going into stores and hear the same what brings you to us today which i like to reply with

a flying pig superman my feet my car the smell of the carpet

depending on my mood

but knowing the employees are mostly fresh out of school FIVES is better then 'um i dunno' as everyone remembers dixons staff saying while they spend 10 minutes finding someone else to answer questions

its the managers who get involved that ruin the sales training by filling up the sales guys time trying to get customers to take norton and office and watever happens and not realising my first posts customer was a keen photographer who would have happily spent £360 extra on the photoshop CS3 which would have actually made more money then office and norton and watever happens combined

and the customer would have felt more trust that the sales guy met their needs and actually listened to desires and wishes

again a dixons failing to release a new training scheme then have it squeezed between timescales and specific targets makes its impact less noticable

as part of their mystery shop target they have to say what brings you to currys

grrr

get rid of targets and just concentrate on the meeting customers needs

this would reduce complaints and refunds

this post is aimed at the staff so they can try to help the customers that complain on here and also to the customers to understand the norton and office begging you to buy speach is not a FIVES thing so blame the store not the £5 million FIVES training

isnt there a huge thread on fives already?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: