Cabot - Halifax Credit Card - Cabot now started Court Action - Help Please ***SETTLED***

lamb909
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If it came to you needing the transcripts of calls a Subject Access Request to Morgans will been they have to produce the recordings

they have mad.

Good keep calm and carry on:-)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Email now forwarded to NCC asking for it to be put on the file urgently (just to cover my back)

Now going to find something to occupy me until later this afternoon

Hi Lamb

I'm shaking and crying like a big baby

Morgans said they hadn't got an answer yet, to ring back at about 4.30pm, So another day out the way he is allowing me an extension until next Friday, will send me e-mail confirming this but WILL NOT inform the court of this extension.Is he sending it today? I queried that the fact that he wasn't informing the Court of the extension would mean that they (morgans/cabot) would receive judgement by default and he said he won't get that unless he asks for it and obviously is not going to do that because he has made an agreement with me?? Thats fine its your duty to inform the court with their conformation.

He also said to stop e-mailing him to ask that he looks at this matter urgently (as I did earlier in the week) as he has to stop what he is doing and look at things and he can't reply???? Only one person dealing with this claim?

Can I e-mail the court forwarding the letter agreeing the extension that he is e-mailing me (when I get it)

Yes

If they dont Lamb simply submit a short holding defence on Monday and then they have all the time in the world to think about, agree a TO, with himself, at his desk on his own, in a one man decision making capacity.

Stop worrying as advised you will make yourself ill, this is really all a nonsense.Dont play their game it really serves no purpose.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi ANDY perhaps Morgans is a one man band:drum:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi ANDY perhaps Morgans is a one man band:drum:

:madgrin: Looks that way Brig.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Lamb

Yes

If they dont Lamb simply submit a short holding defence on Monday and then they have all the time in the world to think about, agree a TO, with himself, at his desk on his own, in a one man decision making capacity.

Stop worrying as advised you will make yourself ill, this is really all a nonsense.Dont play their game it really serves no purpose.

Regards

Andy

Spot on advice that.

S.

Morgans is indeed a relatively small in-house unit. You are not necessarily dealing with proper solicitors here, maybe just paralegals.

To be fair to them and I really am spitting at myself whilst typing this....

Most of the debts purchasing now uses debt securitisations and as such the underwriters of these schemes has the final say on how many defaults the security vehicle will allow before downgrading it, they would in my opinon have to get approval to agree.

that said I cannot find fault with the latter part of your statement ;-)

Well, that was pointless, phoned at 4.26pm, he said he had told me to phone back at 4.30pm and it was naughty to ring earlier

He had not heard back from the 'under writers' and he thought they only dealt with e-mail issues after 5pm??

So have to phone back on Monday afternoon. Great eh?

I asked him again that could he confirm that nothing would happen in court on Monday, he laughed and said I had it in writing (this was an e-mail) from him so no he wouldn't do anything and said he had told me so, I said I just needed to make sure due to my MH issues.

he asked for a breakdown of the £7 surplus income, I told him it was ridicilous to ask me that and I would inform the court of his harressment over this, he apologised but said he knew where every penny of his income went down to the last penny. I told him he was very clever and perhaps I could learn from him. Stupid I know but he wound me up

He then asked if I was aware of online groups that offered ridiclous advice on these matters as they were pretty useless, I said no i wasn't aware of any, could he give me the names of these groups, he laughed again and said 'no, I will not give you the names, they won't help you in anyway, they are a bunch of useless articles so stick to talking with me' He then said 'Have a nice weekend' and he would speak to me on Monday afternoon.

I have forwarded the e-mail to NCC, so do I need to submit a 'holding defense' as suggested by Andy? I don't think I do have to, do I?

Thanks for all your posts,much appreciated. Donkey, I will look into that now

I am not stressed but am getting a bit cross now to be honest, he's taking the michael

Edited by lamb909

What a childish idiot, I bet his parents are really proud they have bought up such a well mannered well spoken individual! I'd love to have a phone conversation with this fool, "Laugh it up funny guy coz you'll be laughing on the other side of your face by the time you are out of a Job!"

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Nice to see your friendly and suportive face BB

I just can't get over the support of people on this site, it amazes me that strangers are so helpful and care about people like me.

As for your comments, I totally agree, though I do think I lowered myself a bit too

This is exactly why recording your calls would be useful. Releasing these to the OFT with a complaint would make them run a mile...

PM me if you want some help to record. I can’t stand seeing them get away with this.

I used to use a dictaphone with a special lead that plugged directly into the phone socket to record my calls before I bought Truecall, I am sure you can still get these leads from Maplins or similar, I'll have a look around.

Heres to give you an idea of what I mean, and the prices.

http://www.threedoubleyou.com/telephonerecord.htm

And I am a great believer that we are all here to help, not just on CAG but in general, in the community.

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Olympus do an acoustic mic – the TP7. One end goes in your ear and you use the phone on that ear. It picks up the caller as well as your voice very clearly. Under a tenner, I think. It’s my standard journalistic tool, and with a mini voice recorder for about £30-£50, you can use it on the move. Worth every penny when you’re fighting these idiots, and cheaper than Trucall.

Well, that was pointless, phoned at 4.26pm, he said he had told me to phone back at 4.30pm and it was naughty to ring earlier

Well he has a point :wink: 4.30 is 4.30 to some jobsworth :)

I asked him again that could he confirm that nothing would happen in court on Monday, he laughed and said I had it in writing (this was an e-mail) from him so no he wouldn't do anything and said he had told me so, I said I just needed to make sure due to my MH issues.

You dont need anything else, the email will suffice, you can forward to the courts email if you have it but just to cover all the bases just fax or print a copy and send it to the court by mail.

he asked for a breakdown of the £7 surplus income, I told him it was ridicilous to ask me that and I would inform the court of his harressment over this, he apologised but said he knew where every penny of his income went down to the last penny. I told him he was very clever and perhaps I could learn from him. Stupid I know but he wound me up

He's being very stupid... just say the words, food/utilities inflation protection or tell him your saving it for xmas.

He then asked if I was aware of online groups that offered ridiclous advice on these matters as they were pretty useless, I said no i wasn't aware of any, could he give me the names of these groups, he laughed again and said 'no, I will not give you the names, they won't help you in anyway, they are a bunch of useless articles so stick to talking with me' He then said 'Have a nice weekend' and he would speak to me on Monday afternoon.

Nice one :)

I have forwarded the e-mail to NCC, so do I need to submit a 'holding defense' as suggested by Andy? I don't think I do have to, do I?

Nope, personally you've had the agreement and so long as you notify the court you are covered

S.

Here, Here, There you go Lamb Shadow has got it on the nail, so relax and chill over the weekend.

Brig.

I am not stressed but am getting a bit cross now to be honest, he's taking the michael

I was delighted to see this lamb. Fighting back and taking control can be very empowering.

You are right to let the court know about the extra extension, because as you said, they could claim judgment by default otherwise.

I suggest no more phone calls and stick to emails.

Once this is over I would be inclined to make a complaint to the SRA about this appalling behaviour assuming, as others have said, that he really is a solicitor.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Even if he is only a paralegal he can still be censured of barred from commercial practice.

And I agree if Lamb is now feeling anger at the situation he is well on the road to a real fight back to normality.

Morgans is indeed a relatively small in-house unit. You are not necessarily dealing with proper solicitors here, maybe just numpty paralegals.

Well a google of the name morgans solicitors brings up a page showing its the in house litigation team for Cabot... doing a search on the SRA website shows the organisation Morgans based in Rugby with exactly 0 solicitors based at this address :lol:

S.

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor/view=organisationdetails.law?orgid=512551&searchType=O

Sounds a bit like LCS and thr mysterious Robert Marr.

I have traced Piers Morgan solicitor in Rugby COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR OF UK DEBT PURCHASE CO.

It is the one commercial director Cabot, I doubt he's the guy dealing with Lamb, it would be a para legal I think. IMHO Mr. MORGAN is not on apperances

the kind of solicitor I would like to deal with.

Rugby isn't a million miles from me. Might take a ride over and see what the office is like.:wink:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.