Cabot - Halifax Credit Card - Cabot now started Court Action - Help Please ***SETTLED***

lamb909
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help, I am so undure as what to do its messing my head in

Do i do as BB kindly advised, give them an I&E form and refer them to the Mental Health and debt guidlines and fill in the formfrom them, will my GP need to "approve it etce etc

Or do I do as The Mould has kindly advised and get a letter from my GP and fill in an I&E form, though to be hoinest I didnt read their reply as they would cease with the court, it says "if you do not supply the relevant info and file an admission or defence", to my (not very up on any of this court stuff) mind they are saying that if I do not supply the documents AND file an admission or defense they will get a judgement by default, that, to me, seems like they are saying they want the documents but I still have to file a defense or admission.

I have stated to the court I will defense but now it seems I have no defense

I'm so sorry for all the questions, i am just confused, I only have, after today, 7 working days before I have to file, in that time I might have to change my plea. I just want it over with, please please help if you can

Hi Lamb yes you must submit the documents and file the defence or admission as sonn

as possible, these document will inform the judge of your state of health and the consequences

that could result if the action continues.

May I suggest that bfirst thing tomorrow get the yellow pages out and find a solicitor who will

give ''green form 1 hour session of help and advice free.

AND ONCE AGAIN I'LL SAY IT HELP IS HERE USE IT PLEASE!!!!

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These documents must be returned to us (by email if possible) at your earliest convenience. We previously agreed an extension of time for you to file a defence or Admission to 4.00pm on 4th July 2011. If we do not receive the requisite documentation and you do not file an Admission or Defence by 4.00pm on 4th July 2011, we shall be entitled to Judgment in Default.

Lamb read the above in the context of its intended purpose.

Semantics – “These documents must be returned to us (by email if possible) at your earliest convenience.”

They require sight of the said documents as a matter of urgency, service of such by email; this ensures rapid delivery due the time-scale in respect of either your Defence or Admission to the claim. Lamb, they want the said documents like yesterday so that they themselves can make an informed and rapid executive decision as to whether or not they withdraw the claim in view of your offer to settle by way of £10 per month repayments.

“If we do not receive the requisite documentation and you do not file an Admission or Defence by 4.0pm on 4th July 2001, we shall be entitled to Judgment in Default.”

If you do not deliver the goods required, they cannot consider the position and therefore you would need to file an Admission or Defence by the agreed date failing which the claimant becomes entitled to obtain said Judgment.

With respect to you and all other contributors to your case Lamb, the decision is one that only you can make.

Kind regards

The Mould

Well said Mould,

Lets hope Lamb can cope with this as the remedy

is there for the taking!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Right, done a letter for GP's to write me a letter, somebody coming to take it down to GPs tonight so they have it first thing in morning, have stressed its urgent, so thats that done and I&E already done so will send them both when I get letter from GP, hopefully by the end of this week.

The Mould - I know its my decision to make the choice of what to do, I really do, but not knowing what to for the best is hard,I'm so scared and Caggers have been so helpful but with all choices running through my head, I sometimes need it just pointing out to me, so I can see it more clearly, maybe just to be shown the way forward. I not its not helpful for Caggers to have to do this for me and for that I deeply apologise, I totally appreciate all the help you have given me, you've been fantatasic (as have others) but the only way I can explain it is like this (which may sound stupid) -

My head is like a CD player and every time there is a problem/choice/reassurance needed or whatever, a CD for that particular thing is pushed in my head and if the CD is not played (meaning problem or whatever not dealt with) and another one is added and then another and another etc it feels like my head is going to explode so I have to play the CD's (sort, solve, deal with etc) so I can remove them from my head and there is space for me that gives me time and space to feel normal, until the next CD is added does this make any sense at all.

So now I've just lost a CD through your and Brig's posts so have been able to type a letter to GP but I still have a couple of CDs left, whether Morgans will discontinue with Court and a personal problem but I now have a little space and feel a little lighter, so have made myself a cup of tea (though could do with a beer) and my heart rate has slowed down.

God, I'm going to banned from CAG if a mod reads this and thinks I'm a crazy nutter. i am not a nutter, just have problems and need maybe more help than others, I have to have explanations for everything and I know that is tedious for other members so again, i apologise for that

Edited to add, I am not stupid (though some people may think so), I've got GCSE's and A levels and qualifications for my line of work, just something happened that destroyed me and now I'm like this but I am getting better....................

Edited by lamb909

Hi lamb

Just seen your post #379 and just had to commit something in writing.

As I said before, I’ve been watching this thread but have been unable to contribute as it out of my area of knowledge. I wish I did have some constructive input I could give. However, although I can’t say I know how you are feeling, I can only try and imagine the stress and anxiety you are going through and all I can do is offer my heartfelt support.

Please, please do not start to concern yourself about being banned from CAG. This isn’t going to happen. The guys here are happy to give up their time to help, If they weren’t happy doing it, they wouldn’t.

Nobody thinks you’re a nutter (to use your word). We all need our hands holding sometimes especially when we are in territory which is completely alien and frightening to us. That is human nature.

Many of the contributors here have been through dark times in one way or another and have come out the other side and although you may not be able to fully appreciate it right now, there is light after dark.

The other great thing about CAG is that nobody is judging anyone else. We are all different, we all have different problems and we all have different ways of dealing with things.

Rest assured that all will be done by the guys and gals here to help you through this dark time for you and are happy to be doing it.

I send you my warmest wishes and I promise you, things will get better. I am thinking of you

All the best

ims

Hi lamb

Just seen your post #379 and just had to commit something in writing.

As I said before, I’ve been watching this thread but have been unable to contribute as it out of my area of knowledge. I wish I did have some constructive input I could give. However, although I can’t say I know how you are feeling, I can only try and imagine the stress and anxiety you are going through and all I can do is offer my heartfelt support.

Please, please do not start to concern yourself about being banned from CAG. This isn’t going to happen. The guys here are happy to give up their time to help, If they weren’t happy doing it, they wouldn’t.

Nobody thinks you’re a nutter (to use your word). We all need our hands holding sometimes especially when we are in territory which is completely alien and frightening to us. That is human nature.

Many of the contributors here have been through dark times in one way or another and have come out the other side and although you may not be able to fully appreciate it right now, there is light after dark.

The other great thing about CAG is that nobody is judging anyone else. We are all different, we all have different problems and we all have different ways of dealing with things.

Rest assured that all will be done by the guys and gals here to help you through this dark time for you and are happy to be doing it.

I send you my warmest wishes and I promise you, things will get better. I am thinking of you

All the best

ims

Speechless.......................thank you very much

Stick with it Lamb do not forget CAG is here to help and not judge

no one here would ever call you a nutter.

Please be calm and use the advice to your advantage,

Regards and good luck Brig.

I've removed this post because that is not what this site about, I have help to deal with that.

I know nobody would have minded but if only for personal reasons, this has to be about my debts and dealing with them and not mixing the two together because I do have to deal with both issues seperatly if that makes sense

Edited by lamb909

Lamb I would like now to call you a dear friend and you have my deepest sympathy

no one can ever compensate for the loss of a beloved child especially after what

you had been through to bring him into the world, but you are here and so are we

to offer help and support you, this post has brought a hard old soldier to tears,

which after recent years of death of friends and comrades I feel for you and admire

you for telling us this.

please sleep well and don't worry.

Brig

• Confused 1

Lamb I would like now to call you a dear friend and you have my deepest sympathy

no one can ever compensate for the loss of a beloved child especially after what

you had been through to bring him into the world, but you are here and so are we

to offer help and support you, this post has brought a hard old soldier to tears,

which after recent years of death of friends and comrades I feel for you and admire

you for telling us this.

please sleep well and don't worry.

Brig

lamb - I think brig speaks for all of us who have been following your story. Take care; I know I am facing my own problems but reading your thread (and others here) has helped me tremendously. Take care

GS

• Confused 1

Lamb I can't imagine what you've been through. No-one here will judge you. I know it's confusing when you get lots of information, but let's face it, after what you've been through, this is not something to stress about. Blaming yourself won't change anything so try not to punish yourself.

God bless you. x

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello Lamb the old Brig and the rest of your friends would like to know

how you got on today as we all are concerned about you, just a few words

will put our minds at rest.

I for one was very, very moved by your story.

Hi. good to here from you making me cry?? I was moved and impressed with the courage you

showed by posting your story.

I guarantee it has impressed all who read it.

I will promise you that I will always listen and try to help at any time you want, you are free

to PM me at any time.

How did things go today?

Sorry Brig, just seen post #387 and now #389 (reason for editing)

I'm ok, Gp hasn't rung so I guess letter hasnt been done yet, will wait till late tomorrow and ring them

Had a bad night but strangly feel better for it, I've done some things today which I needed to do, very hard but I've done it so quite proud of myself

I've phoned our lass (ex partner so not really "my lass" but still),had a long chat told her I still loved her and wouldn't give up on her, she said she still loved me too and we are going to try and start having "date nights" I think they are called nowadays, a start but a positive move

Overwelmend at the support on here Brig and as for you, well, words are not enough, i'm sorry you have seen so much suffering and sadness and I apologise for adding to that last night, I've removed the post as it was only posted to give people an idea of what had happened to make me so ill. It doesnt need to stay there, its been said and whoever has seen it has seen it. End of. It never goes away but I'm not doing my little lad any justice in not facing things and dealing with them, I would have taught him to do that so I will do it.

WOW Congratulations I knew from lat night you have the courage to over come this

and to repair what has gone wrong in the past you have my admiration and support always.

I much appreciate your sentiments regarding the tragedy that I have seen and but all

said and done they cannot compare to your own very personal tragedy.

So lets look up and look to the future, go for it!!!!

no smilies. on this one just best wishes

Brig.

Lamb I have saved the last few posts in hard copy, and will ready them when I am down

to make me realise what courage is.

Brandy time.

lamb - I am so glad you';re feeling better today, like the others I was very concerned about you last night. Be strong and take care !

I hope you don;t mind me hijacking your thread just for one post; could someone just have a look at my thread - just the last couple of pages and let me know their views; my defence filing date is even closer than lambs !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278373-Citi-Cards-and-Cabot&p=3461888#post3461888 thank you ............

thank you

GS

lamb - I am so glad you';re feeling better today, like the others I was very concerned about you last night. Be strong and take care !

I hope you don;t mind me hijacking your thread just for one post; could someone just have a look at my thread - just the last couple of pages and let me know their views; my defence filing date is even closer than lambs !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278373-Citi-Cards-and-Cabot&p=3461888#post3461888 thank you ............

thank you

GS

Thank you GS, for your support and caring, much appreciated

But hijack away, I don't mind at all, we are all in the same boat and if "hijacking" this thread helps then thats a good thing. I didn't realise your defense was due so soon, I'm praying it goes your way, fingers and toes crossed for you. I will have a read of your thread in a bit if you don't mind but wishing you the very best of luck. If you win and I dont,, its not a problem as one is better than none, two is better than one so the right situation is that we both get the outcome we want, and even if I dont, I am hoping you will, any kick in Cabots nether regions is an outcome for me wether its me or you or hopefully both and any bodyelse in the same situation. Good Luck and I will be keeping an eye on you lol

Lamb I have saved the last few posts in hard copy, and will ready them when I am down

to make me realise what courage is.

Brandy time.

I have no courage Brig, I ran away and hid when others needed me and I wouldn't let anyone in my box and pushed everyone away. I didn't face things and it ended up hurting other people . You and the people who have seen sadness 'in your line of work' have true courage and I admire each and every one of them. What they do, that is courage, real courage, yourself included

Lamb my friend just by telling your story of your tragedy on this forum you have shown

courage beyond the imagination for one who has lost your hearts desire, your son.

Please feel no regrets or need to ever explain to any one why, how any of your problems have arisen.

BE strong in memory of your son!!!!!!!!!!!

On to more practical matters lamb, I would hope that by providing your medical information you would stand a good chance of cabot pulling out of the case.

I would suggest that you tell them the stress that this has caused you and if they would be willing to deal with this outside of court for the sake of your health. BB has given you some good info to back up this request, and you have given them your I&E.

I also think that you should defend the claim by saying that you had a breakdown and were unable to deal effectively with financial matters due to your loss. If they have harassed you and this has added to your stress include this in your defence. You want to deal with this as best you can and have been in touch with cabot to try and sort it. Attach the information that you've sent to cabot.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Lamb,

Jusr Brig checking in to see how things are going!!