Important Question

matthewbarradell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Have you been to Court yet with Natwest. They appear to be ignoring most of my correspondence. Their dealine for my preliminary request runs out tomorrow then it is LBA stage. Have Natwest attempted to make you an offer at any stage?:razz:

Lig 24 :p

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

50% offer made 3.1.07 - declined 5.1.07

Paid in full February 2007!!!!!

hi Lig24

I too sent my prelim request with no response, then i sent my lba letter 2 days after posting recieved 1st offer, dont be too alarmed if you dont hear anything just stick to your time scale and continue with your claim.

good luck

23/08/06 RECIEVED STATMENTS:) 25/08/06 SENT PREM LETTER

Hmm, appears I spoke to soon I received a letter yesterday saying they would not be refunding any charges as they have not acted unlawfully blah blah blah. Do you know if this affects the LBA letter I should send or should I just rejig it and send it anyway? :mad:

If you don't mind me asking - was their offer they made you worth considering or not? :razz:

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

Hmm, appears I spoke to soon I received a letter yesterday saying they would not be refunding any charges as they have not acted unlawfully blah blah blah. Do you know if this affects the LBA letter I should send or should I just rejig it and send it anyway? :mad:

If you don't mind me asking - was their offer they made you worth considering or not? :razz:

That sounds like their standard reply to a preliminary letter; I got one exactly the same. We don't agree with the OFT, all charges are your fault, blah blah blah. Stick to your timetable and send off the LBA from the template in the templates section.

My original 2006 claim - Victorious!

13/06/2006 - Sent Data Protection Act Request (NatWest), recorded delivery.

19/06/2006 - Sent preliminary letter, requesting £3483

17/07/2006 - Sent LBA for revised figure of £3601 (after finally managing to open a parachute account with Lloyds TSB!)

07/08/2006 - Filed Moneyclaim for £4401

11/09/2006 - Defence received from Cobbetts

25/09/2006 - Sent AQ to court and CPR18 response to Cobbetts

30/09/2006 - AQ due at court

25/10/2006 - *WON* Cheque for full amount received from Cobbetts

"Things are made of littler things that jiggle"

- Richard Feynman

Hi,

Just a quick question, I have successfully reclaimed charges from the Halifax and now a friend has asked me to reclaim his charges from the Nat West. We are now up to the schedule of charges spreadsheet. When I did mine for the Halifax I didn't have an overdraft facility on my account so it was more straightforward whereas my friend does have an overdraft and I am a bit confused as to what interest I can claim back....

ie: for the period 03/04 to 01/05 there was £6.01 interest charged, can I claim all this back and if so do I put this on the spreadsheet or do I just claim a percentage of this charge?????

Can anyone help???................. please.:)

Apologies for butting in!!!

halifax: Data Protection Act sent 05.05.06

40 days up: 14.06.06 - no info received

sent lba 09.06.06 telling them they have 7 days (21.06.06) to comply

sent prelim letter, 22.06.06 - £4340.00!!

03.07.06 - offered £565 from Halifax

SENT LBA - 7TH JULY 2006

FILE MONEYCLAIM - 21.07.06!!

4.08.06 - ****** SETTLED IN FULL *******

Barclays: sent Data Protection Act 31.05.06

received some info 09.06.06, missing 3 years worth of statements- rang them, they now have 25 days to comply

sent prelim letter, 23.06.06 - £2520!!

SENT LBA - 11TH JULY 2006

20.07.06 - OFFER RECEIVED £900..... No Thanks!!

FILE MONEYCLAIM - 24.07.06

Hi,

This is my first post. I just sent the prelim letter request. I'm claiming £381 for the last six months. Has many people had sucess against Natwest? and If so how far do they take you before paying back your own money?

Of course I'll keep you updated with my progress but check one of my stories. I was -£96.68 overdrawn and and they charged me £28 a charge for being overdrawn in the previous month placing me over my overdraft of £100. Of course the following month they then charge me again!!

If they had called me or sent me a letter saying that "You have a charge coming out this will place you over your overdraft and we will charge you again, would you like to pay another form of payment?" I wouldn't have minded too much, but they are just stealing my money!! Unreal! 14 DAYS NATWEST AND COUNTING.....

Well I am just counting down the days before I start my claim as I sent off my LBA last week and have still not received a response. I was also trying to find out if anyone has had any successes against Natwest but I don't appear to be having much luck!!!!

If anyone out there has been successful please let us know......:grin:

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

Welcome

First have a thorough read of the FAQs and step by step guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Then go to Natwest forum here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/

Top left - New Thread. Post your progress and questions there.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Alan and I'm paying loads to the bank. Sounds like an AA meeting. I have a small business and I'm always the last to get paid and the Halifax have delighted in that fact. But every dog has his day so I'm sharpening up my teeth to sink them into the luxuriant padding of their backsides. Vive la CAG.

The very best place to start is in the FAQ section. Make sure you read everything twice to know what you are doing and when you should be doing it. Whenever you get stuck you can always post a message on the board and you are sure to get a reply as I have found I have.

Good luck

Lig 24:oops:

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

• 2 weeks later...

I have followed all the great information on here, it started about 3 months ago when I asked for my six years records and it took 10 weeks and so many phone calls to get them... then after eight weeks one of the people at Abbey said that they hadn't been ordered... Strange do you think?

I said, you have about ten calls from me and recorded them yet you have just informed me that all these other people I spoke to and kept telling me it takes time and they have to get them from arcive and thats why it takes so long... didn't mention to me, sorry we haven't ordered them yet... a total lie... anyway after that they got them to me in 2 weeks!

I have asked for £1825 back they gave me £390 as good will, I say insult and I've sent back a refusal letter with a compromise, asking for another £820 to be in my account by the 24/10/06 or I will go to court and claim the full amount!

I feel I have been fair letting them off for £600 as my good will, if they don't do it by the 24/10/06 what is the next template I need to use to continue? I will see this through to the end... can anyone tell me the next part of the paper work I need to prepare please.

Regards

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have just signed up and have been trawling through some of the info and emails already posted.

Feeling a bit muddled. If anyone can clear my brain and start me off with some advice - much appreciated !

Ardley:lol:

• 2 months later...

hi, just be reading the forums regarding natwest and congratulate you all.

Firstly can i ask when i send my pre lim letter with charges schedule do i just list date, amount and reason for charge.

what charges can i claim for.

shall i then send it recorded delivery to natwest 135 bishopsgate etc

thank you for reading this:razz:

The very best thing to do before you start sending out your letters is familarise yourself with the FAQ's as these tell you all the step by step instructions you need.

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06