AA Membership Woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello AA rep,

AA has again stolen the money from my account without my consent and this time was £166. I am not quite sure when I will expect to receive the money back as the other member suggested in his post. I will have to report to the credit card company the lost of card to get a complete different card to prevent future stealing from AA.

The most ridiculous thing was AA has charged its existing and royal customer much higher than the new customer. So what is the point to continue being a AA member.

From a very upset customer!

Hello KI

I have written to the AA and withdrawn my authorisation for them to take money from my account. I asked them to acknowledge receipt of my instructions, predictably I have not received a reply.

Whilst writing I told them if My money was not in my bank within five days of receipt of the letter that I would consider the money a loan to the AA and would be charging them a fee of £25.00 per day until it was repaid.

I fail to see why you should have to change your banking details just because they stole your money.

The bit that irked me so much was that it was not a case of Oh! so sorry sir we have made a blunder we will refund your money right now, instead, Oh! we will refund your money in 21 days ( which they still did not do)

"The most ridiculous thing was AA has charged its existing and royal customer much higher than the new customer. So what is the point to continue being a AA member" ?????

None whatsoever,

Seems like AA forget that we the customers that should be kept happy.

As far as I am concerned If I choose to spend my hard earned on a service, that is what I expect. Instead it seems these days the service that is supposed to be of benefit to you is a millstone and a turns into another office job writing letters and making phone calls on premium rate numbers, just to sort out the problems they make for the customer. Sadly in my experience the AA are not alone in this regard.

Perhaps I should look into setting up a yearly continuous payment from the AA to Me?

Vote with your feet and try the opposition.

NN

• 2 weeks later...

See my last post below(sorry to cut and paste)

SEEMS THESE RIP OF MERCHANTS !!!!- Are on the ball to maximise profit in difficult times of the recession !

AVOID !!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously !

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HIGH STANDARDS ????????????????????

What a joke !

I have just tried to complaint to "TheAA" and even been told that it's pointless as an operator even said on a recorded call its pointless as complaints will say they will but wont deal with my issue anyway !

But i will give you the Benefit of Doubt and let you know how i get on!

Just for the record TheAA took money from my bank account and said it was part of the contract from last years membership, When i queried this - They even stated it was in the small print - I can cancel my membership but cant have a re-fund !!!!!!!!!!!!! BRILLIANT

So i am now again tied into a £114.00 subscription / Contract = Can cancel and have no money back ! Or complain and nothing will be done apparently ! I wouldnt mind I havent even been sent / got a membership card so if something goes wrong - What do i do ???????????????

ABSOLUTE RIP OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ould SERIOUSLY not sign anything with TheAA Guys and Girls - I work in the motor trade and insurance industry and have NEVER know anything like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like i said i will Give the benefit of the doubt and complian - But cant imagine anything will be done, as even their own staff have stated this !

I will keep you posted and write a full appology if they redeem themselves !

I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED !

• 1 month later...

I first started to realise there may be a problem with cancelling my membership two months ago, after chatting with a friend.

I received my renewal notice including membership card etc on the 7th May. I straight away phoned the AA on 8th May 2011 and after a protracted call, they agreed to cancel the membership. I then followed this up with an emailed confirmation of the cancellation. On the 11th May I called them again to check that the cancellation is in their system, and was assured it is.

Now yesterday I received a SECOND membership card, again welcoming for another year. Why is this well documented problem not being dealt with by the finanical ombudsman? It was featured on the BBC Money Box programme earlier in 2011, yet it still seems that they are either not capable of dsealing with these requests, or there is a deliberate policy of ignoring cancellations (not sure which I think, HA!).

Now I have to start phoning them for a third time this morning, my one saving grace is that payment was due to be taken by direct debit and not recurring credit card, I have of course cancelled the direct debit.

Chris

• 2 years later...

AA contract and terms on cancellation on refunds

If you check through the terms and conditions you will note the word reasonable is often used,

however these terms are by no means reasonable.

The AA is no longer a automobile club but a insurance policy provider, their annual contracts is biased in favour for the AA . Unlike other providers there no reasonable option for the individual customer to switch or cancel therefore must be unfair.

To get a refund nagg and keep nagging write to the chief and all executives, be a nuisane.

Finally make n application to the small claims court using the argument the agreement is is unreasonable and unfair for the individual.:mad2:

• 2 years later...
Hello there, I hope you have now managed to resolve this and I apologise for the time it has taken.

I think this thread outlines eveything that is wrong about the AA's unfair automatic renewal procedure... AA is definitely one to avoid and I hope the FCA will hurry up and sort this out as a matter of urgency. TB