style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sorry if this is a long winded introduction from a newbie but I am a very scared newbie and would appreviate any help or advice please.

I received a parking ticket nearly two years ago. As the ticket was exactly 1 minute over its limit I disputed it. I had to fill out a form and send a letter. I did this and the last email contact with Northampton County Court is November 2009. I rang them to check what was going on and they assured me all was fine and the ticket had been squashed. As a mum to 3 children, 2 of which are severely autistic, I am constantly on the go and I completely forgot about it. Until this morning. Just before 8am this morning the bailiffs banged hell out of my door with a warrant to seize from Northampton County Court. I explained what had happened nearly a year ago and he says it wasnt on his system so it wasnt his problem. He gave me half an hour to get dressed and find the money! The kids were terrified as he was adamant he was taking everything of value. I was so scared. I borrowed the money from my neighbours - I have never so much as borrowed sugar from them before. He came back, walked straight into my house and took the cash. I asked for a receipt which he gave me and then he started trying to take the serial numbers from the tv? I refused to allow him to do this. I said I have just paid you even though I dont owe you, you cannot seize goods! He said it was a formality and he could levy a charge on anything in my house wether I paid him or not. I did argue that as I had paid him in full he could not and I did not allow him near the tv BUT he still left me a form 7 which is a notice of seizure and inventory of goods. On it he has wrote our tv. He also said he has levied a charge on our car even though its not our car - Its a motability car? I told him this and he said he could not seize it but he can levy a charge on it. So I now have a receipt for £342.26 which is app the full amount. It was originally £80 or £40 if paid within 14 days. He says the charges are for visits but I can assure you they have never visited. They visited once last year and I contacted them and the courts immediately. I can honestly say I heard nothing since November last year and now I am terrified plus my youngest is really in meltdown over this. What do I do? I really do not kno what to do? Thank you for reading this and I am very grateful for any help or advice offered x

amount does suggest he/they have visited before, and legally they have to send a letter out before visiting at a cost of 11.20 +vat (13.16) knowing equita they dont do 1st and 2nd calls choosing to illegally send letters including charges on them.

crucially unlike council tax, bailiffs can charge an enforcement fee/van fee for parking fines regardless of whether a levy has taken place or not so why he felt the need to write one out anyway is a pointless exercise

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Did he leave you a comprehensive breakdow of charges if not send them this by both email & post by Signed For - adapt as you see fit:

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account. Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Also have you checked to make sure the Bailiff who attended has a current Certificate.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you ploddertom x On the receipt it says the original fine was £80 and then the rest is their fees. But they have only ever been to my house once before and they left a letter. They never knocked until yesterday morning. He was so intimidating though. He said it wasnt his problem that I have no family to borrow from I either get the money in half an hour or he was coming in and taking everything. He was saying it so loudly as well all the neighbours heard. Thankfully they know me well enough to know I am not a dishonest person. I am so scared to go to work now and my daughter was terrified going food shopping today. She really thought that the tv would be gone when we got back and to be quite honest I feel the same. I now have to try and pay everyone back but I am so angry at Northampton Court who advised there was no fine to pay and that they would pull offthe bailiffs. What can I do about the levy on my tv? Are they allowed to do this? Will they come back again for more? I am not a wealthy person and we work so hard to provide for our children but I have never felt so scared or threatened by anybody before and thats saying something seeing as how I have a barring order against my ex husband for violence and intimidation!!! I have every intention of sending this letter - Thank you for that. But who else can I complain to and how do I go about it? Thank you again x

I suggest you now write a formal complaint to the Chief executive of the issuing council, this bailiffs actions was inexcusable and you must make a complaint.

He had no reason at all to make a levy after you had paid, But I can guess why he done this so that he could add a charge for it. He obviously wasnt expecting you to pay so already had added this charge before he came to see you. He certainly cannot levy against a mobility vehicle, so that would make the levy invalid any way.